Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:44 AM

Shacky has disabled reputation
Shacky's Maps and Scenarios

This is my first time submitting a map here. I hope you all enjoy it. It's the 3rd map I've made so far.

War of the Fire and Ice Lords

-=Download PDF=- (PDF Filefront Mirror)
-=Download VirtualScape File=- (VirtualScape Filefront Mirror) *Note* after verifying, VirtualScape says that this requires 9 master sets, 4 volcarren, 2 Glacier, 2 Forest, 4 Castle. This is not true for we do not have this much. I built this map before making it in the program. What is really needed is listed below.

Scenario

-This map can be played by 2-4 players. If it's a 2 player game, player 1 starts in the green zone and player 2 starts in the blue zone. If there are 4 players, Team 1 (or Team Ice) takes the Green (Player 1) and Red (Player 2) starting zones, and Team 2 (or Team Fire) takes the Blue (Player 3) and Yellow (Player 4) starting zones.

-This map requires 2 Master Sets, 2 Road to the Forgotton Forest sets, 2 Volcarren Wasteland Sets, 1 Thaelenk Tundra Set, 2 Castle Expansion Sets, and all of Wave 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 (for the extra tiles)

-Rules for Snow/Ice and Lava Field/Lava tiles.
Snow and Ice in this scenario receive the same qualities as Lava and Lava Fields. These area's are the Fortresses of the Fire Lord and Ice Lord. There for if you step in an ice tile, you must roll a d20. If you roll anything but a 20, you freeze to death instantly (just as lava). Figures may walk on the snow and lava field tiles, but if they are still on one at the end of a round, you must roll attack die. If a skull comes up they recieve 1 point of damage. Due to this ruleset, Obsidian Guards cannot use lava resist, as well as the Dzu-teh cannot use their special abilities here. The reason being is cause these fortresses are surrounded by magical fire and ice.

-Rules for the Glyphs
There are 6 glyphs on this map. One for each side. The Glyph of Astrid (+1 Attack), The Glyph of Gerda (+1 Defense), and the Glyph of Ivor (+4 Range).
Each glyph has an Ice version, and a Fire version. Landing on these glyphs is that Lord granting you the power. +1 Attack will add fire or ice damage to all weapons, +1 Defense adds fire or ice armor around your troops, and +4 range adds that magic to your ranged weapon. You CANNOT have both of the same glyph, for the Ice and Fire will cancel itself out. You can have any combination of any power, as long as it's not the same attribute, for example, you can have +1 Fire Damage and +1 Ice defense. If you have +1 Fire Damage, +1 Fire Defense, and +1 Ice Defense, you will only get the +1 Fire damage to your attacks since both Defenses will cancel each other out and give you no bonus.

Optional Rules
-4 player game. When you land on a glyph, the Lord of that Element grants the power to the whole team, instead of just that player.
-If Mimring and Nilfheim are not chosen in the draft, you may add Mimring to the lava pool and Nilfheim to the ice pool for decoration. Neither will have any use in the game, just as part of the terrain.
- Another 4 Player Game Option... The Corruption
This plays as follows. If one team is wiped out before any other players drop from the other team, the player that kills off the last opposing team member becomes corrupted and turns on his own teammate. For Example... Player 1 and 2 are on Team 1. Player 3 and 4 are on Team 2. Player 3 is the first to be defeated. It's up to Player 4. But, Player 1 kills the last of Player 4's figures. Player 1 and 2 are all that's left. Team 1 won!... or so you think. Player 1 was the last one to kill, so the spirit of Team 2 corrupts him and he turns onto Player 2.

-=More Pictures=-

*Edit*
-Added More Pictures
-Added PDF
Old November 3rd, 2006, 04:19 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
This is a great map because it has multi-elevating property. To control the glyphs, one must fight under the ground-base as well. I think this map should be played with large army. 500 points might be too little. 500 points for each of 4 players might be good.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:50 PM

Shacky has disabled reputation
Thank you all for the comments. I appriciate it.
Now I'll try to answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
This is a great map because it has multi-elevating property. To control the glyphs, one must fight under the ground-base as well. I think this map should be played with large army. 500 points might be too little. 500 points for each of 4 players might be good.
As the owner of all the Heroscape stuff I use says, "your maps are really 3D, mine are always flat." I try my hardest to utilize the great ability that Heroscape offers with customizable maps. This is my second map with using castles. The first one I did ran into a problem. I took over the castle and had ranged all over it... but the oppenent didn't want to come near the castle and I didn't want to leave... *sigh* stalemate... So my main focus behind this one was how to utilize towers and such that would make you not have to stay away. Thus the underground passage. That, I'm I'm huge on bridges in this game.
I think this map can handle 1500-2000 point armies. We are currently playing a 4 player game (teams) and each player has 1000 point armies. After drafting was over, there was still plenty of room left over in the starting area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Neat map and scenario.

Do the Ice and Fire bonuses do anything other than cancel each other out? Like fire +1 does one unblockable hit unless you have fire defense (or something) or am I over thinking it?
I believe you are over thinking it. However, I kinda like where you are going with this and I'll think over this and maybe add in another optional rule. I just added in the "fire" and "ice" stuff for some reason why you shouldn't have both. I wanted to keep it somewhat balanced and if you had both attack and both defense glyphs, you'd be pretty over powered. I thought about just putting 1 of each in there, but I wanted to see how this would battle out with just only being able to get one, but they all be somewhat close to each other. I have to say, it's introduced some interesting tactics to our game.
On another note, the "fire" and "ice" damage is just really an explanation as to why you're getting +1 to your attacks/defense/range.

*edit* I have no idea how my comment got up here...
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great looking map and the scenario rules sound interesting! Nice job!

Newb.
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:38 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cool map, I'll have to try it sometime.

As for VirtualScape, don't be surprised when you get some crazy numbers of Masterset requirements. The problem is, the program doesn't have a way to differentiate terrain acquired from the Blister Paks. For example, if you build a map with 1 Tundra set and a few extra Snow tiles from a Wave 5 expansion set, the program will say it requires 2 Tundra sets. Huge Masterset requirements are common to see, because people have a lot more 2 Hex Sand tiles from the expansions than they do from Mastersets.
Old November 4th, 2006, 02:00 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Nice looking map!

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old November 4th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I agree, I would really like to try that one out. Good job.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 4th, 2006, 02:58 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Neat map and scenario.

Do the Ice and Fire bonuses do anything other than cancel each other out? Like fire +1 does one unblockable hit unless you have fire defense (or something) or am I over thinking it?
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Wow... that map is friggin' awesome! Even for play without using the supplied scenario, the set up looks to make for a great 4-player battle royale!

Great job on this.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Shacky, Man I gotta tell ya, I hate building "official" maps or other people's maps. I prefer to build my own very spur of the moment. But your map is so awesome, I've gotta put it up. Thanks for posting it.

I clicked your webpage link. You appear to be a very talented and creative person. Welcome to the site and please stick around.

Your comment appeared before Yagyu's b/c of a server clock issue that the site was experiencing yesterday. Everything was fouled up until real time caught up w/the server time. It was kinda like that TV show Seven Days, but more like only 7 hours.

Edit: Unfortunately I'm getting errors in connecting to your links. Could you repost them or did anyone get them and could send them to me? Please?

Edit2: Okay w/some wrangling, I got the .pdf. I can't wait to play this.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM

Marsman has disabled reputation
Your map is one of the first I have downloaded in a long time. Your virtual scape file dosn't seem to work, though. Why don't you upload them here?

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsman
Your map is one of the first I have downloaded in a long time. Your virtual scape file dosn't seem to work, though. Why don't you upload them here?
I second this.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios