Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kit: Young Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Oh no! Not only is Kit's friend a murderer but a thief also! This breaks my heart.

I'm basically making this up as I go. (Shh, don't tell anyone. ) I do usually have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing three or four chapters in advance, though.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Ninja Dust

I think the wood spirit is one of my favorite people in the book. Not my favorite. My favorite person is the monster that almost killed Kit. Not!
Old March 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
Quote:
Oh no! Not only is Kit's friend a murderer but a thief also! This breaks my heart.

I'm basically making this up as I go. (Shh, don't tell anyone. ) I do usually have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing three or four chapters in advance, though.
Well some of the best stories can be written when you don't know what to do. I do the same as you with my story. And you can throw in curveballs and go to places even you didn't see coming.
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
Quote:

Well some of the best stories can be written when you don't know what to do. I do the same as you with my story. And you can throw in curveballs and go to places even you didn't see coming.
That is exactly how I handle my story. Although at times there are obvious inconsistencies and I have to reread my entire story to fix it. But I digress, post again soon OB!
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

I'm working on chapter 13 right now, but I have something else I need to do before I go to bed, so I probably won't have it up tonight.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Here's the randomly humorous chapter 13. The mood of the story is based off of my mood at the time. Not always, but usually.

Chapter 13
Kit swallowed, “What did he steal?”
The wood spirit looked coldly at him. “A seed.”

Kit walked out of the forest, surprising himself as much as the herder boy in front of him, who, jumping up with a yell of surprise, sprinted off. Kit sighed. Well, he thought, wherever he’s going is bound to have food and shelter. Maybe even a town. He followed the boy, following his tracks as easily as if the boy was right in front of him, leading him on. As he crested a hill, he saw a small village sprawled across the grassy expanse. He smiled and started down towards it. As he neared it, he could see that there was a lot of activity going on in it. He entered the town and grabbed someone who was running by. “Excuse me,” he said, “could you tell me what’s going on?”
The man turned to him and started to say something when there was a yell from down the street, “That’s him, I swear it! Right out of a tree, I tell you!”
Kit let go of the passerby and sighed as the man he had grabbed, hearing the boy, gave Kit a look of fright and raced away. The guard who was with the boy came down the street towards Kit, looking apprehensive. “Wh-who are you?” There was a slight stutter in his voice, most likely of fright.
“I am a traveler who is looking for a place to spend the night.”
“What species are you?”
Kit rolled his eyes, “I’m a human.”
The guard looked both scared and skeptical at the same time, “Why should I believe that?”
Kit rolled his eyes again, “Why should you not believe it?” he demanded.
This line of reasoning confused the guard for a moment, but he quickly recovered, “I can tell that you’re lying!”
Kit groaned inwardly…this guy was DUMB. “You caught me…I’m a dwarf in disguise.”
“Ha!” the guard exclaimed triumphantly, looking very pleased with himself, “I knew there was something fishy about you!”
Kit frowned, feigning puzzlement, “What do dwarves have to do with fish?”
The guard thought about this for several moments, but then his face brightened, “They eat them!”
“Sure they do” Kit said, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “they dig holes from the ocean to their caves and the fish swim through.”
The guard smiled confidently, “Yup. I’ve known that for years.”
Kit was getting bored, so he told the guard “That man over there told me that dwarves don’t eat fish!”
The guard gaped incredulously. “They don’t?”
Kit wanted to throw up his hands in despair, but refrained from doing so. “He also said that you were stupid.”
“But….but….I passed third grade…”
Kit ran out of patience, and bellowed “THEN GO TELL HIM THAT ALREADY!”
“Oh! Ok!” The guard ran off in the general direction that Kit had waved. Kit shook his head incredulously and walked further towards the center of town.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...

Last edited by Orcs Blade; March 18th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quite a humorous part OB.
I have just one question however, WHAT HAPPENED TO CHAPTER 13!!!
Old March 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM

It's the chapter where the wood spirit and Kit talk in private. It's private, so you can't see it. J/K I forgot to put in a chapter 13. I'll go edit that now.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

T h i s_i s_a w e s o m e!!!

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I'm loving chapter 13! I can feel Kit's frustration with the stupid guard.
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:08 PM

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Chapter 14
Kit rounded a building and saw the town square. Starting and sucking in his breath, he ducked back behind it. He cautiously peered around the edge again, and swallowed nervously. He had assumed that he was still in Einar’s territory, but the town square was covered in orcs. As he watched, someone climbed onto a platform at the center of the square, and the orcs started yelling and clashing their weapons together. As the figure turned, Kit’s breath caught in his throat. It was Derrek. Kit almost stepped out right then and there, but he managed to stop himself. Derrek turned to the crowd. “My friends! We have had a great victory!” Kit was reeling. Derrek was one of them?! “We have begun our conquest of the usurper Einar!” A detached part of Kit wondered at this, for the townspeople had not acted at all like the reluctant victims of an Orcish horde. They had just seemed like normal townspeople. “We have finally penetrated into his territory, and soon we will march again! Einar will fall, and the other so called ‘generals’ will follow him after! Tomorrow we march!” The orcs let out a huge roar, and Kit sank back and turned to leave. He needed to warn Einar. Then he heard Derrek talking again. “Now, my minions, fetch me that young spy out there.” The orcs turned and surged forward. Kit jumped into the side of a building and scaled it quickly. The orcs poured out into the street, looking around for a sign of him. Kit, flat on his stomach, edged across the roof of the building and, once he was out of sight, leaped across to the next building. From where he was, he could see the now deserted square. Then he noticed someone walking towards him. It was Derrek. Derrek gestured, and the roof collapsed. Kit rolled to cushion the impact and leaped out of the building, sprinting for the edge of town. Orcs swarmed out of alleys and gave chase immediately. He could see the edge of town. He was going to make it. He could see a horse that he could probably steal. He glanced back at his pursuers. They were a good fifteen yards back and losing ground. He turned his attention to the front again and angled towards the horse. He lunged for the horse, but someone stepped into the way and said “That man did think that dwarves eat fish!” Kit had no time to turn. He crashed into the guard and they both tumbled into the dust.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM

Wow. What a stupid guard. Great chapter Orcs Blade! Are you going to shed any light onto how Derrek got that way any time soon? Or will we just have to wait?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction