Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 4th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Making the RotV figures into Planeswalker heroes and squads

I've been really enjoying Arena of the Planeswalkers lately so I thought it might be fun to convert the RotV units into AotP heroes and squads. Is anybody here interested in collaborating on that?

I'm thinking we could start with Mimring:

Spoiler Alert!

This is what we are currently testing. Please playtest it and let us know how it goes!

Tests: #1, #2, #3

Quote:
Mimring
Red Hero Creature - Dragon

Life 5 Note: We've decided to change the Life to 6.
Move 6
Range 1
Power 6
Toughness 3

FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. If you do, you must attack each figure on those spaces who are in Mimring's line of sight with -2P this turn.

FLYING

Huge 9
Cost 120

FAQ - Cryptoliths and other objects are attacked as figures in AotP.
After the change bumping Life to 6, I ran another test here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; September 4th, 2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Making the RotV figures into Planeswalker heroes and squ

I like the idea! I'm willing to be involved, but my skills would probably be in wording / proofreading as opposed to determining point values and overall value.

As far as color choices, perhaps there is an opportunity to deviate from the AotP standard a bit. Making a figure require a dual colored PW I think would be very limiting; however it could be possible to make a figure summon-able by either Red or Green. This would somewhat alter the drafting environment, but I don't think that it would be a bad thing to try.

The interaction of AotP Sorcery and Enchantment cards may need to be factored in to the point total
Old August 4th, 2016, 11:43 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Sure! I would be up for collaborating.

Would you stick with the fantasy figures, and exclude KMA for example? Most everything else works.

Are you going to keep things Special Attacks? (ex. attack not modified by height or glyphs, but what about enhancements?)

Are you going to make new Army Cards in AotP style? (because I creative but not with photoshop).

For MIMRING, I think he is pure Red.
Old August 4th, 2016, 11:50 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great!

I was thinking a red/green creature could be summoned by a red or a green planeswalker but I'll need to look at the rules again to see if that interpretation fits within the existing rules or would be a change. (OK, I just took a quick look at the first rulebook and I believe it supports my interpretation - the army card just needs to share a color with the planeswalker or be colorless.)

I am planning on using all figures, not just fantasy figures.

I think we should probably drop special attacks, which may mean some modification of the power is needed.

I would like to make new army cards in the AotP style but I also have no graphic design ability.

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 11:59 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I think this is the list of all RotV figures:
  1. Agent Carr
  2. Airborne Elite
  3. Deathwalker 9000
  4. Finn the Viking Champion
  5. Grimnak
  6. Izumi Samurai
  7. Krav Maga Agents
  8. Marro Warriors
  9. Mimring
  10. Ne-Gok-Sa
  11. Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
  12. Sgt. Drake Alexander
  13. Syvarris
  14. Tarn Viking Warriors
  15. Thorgrim the Viking Champion
  16. Zettian Guards

We could work on one a week : )
Old August 4th, 2016, 12:06 PM

How does this look for the AotP version of Fireline Special Attack?

Quote:
FIRE LINE
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Mimring. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mimring's attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately.

Use this ability instead of attacking with Mimring.

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Generally looks good. A quick look at the Book of Mimring reminded me of the question of where line of sight should be calculated. Would it avoid questions to say it this way:

Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Mimring's front space. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mimring's attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. Mimring may aim in any direction.

Use this ability instead of attacking with Mimring.

Should it specify the # of attack dice?
Old August 4th, 2016, 12:38 PM

I think think changing it to "Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces" should be fine.

As for the # of attack dice, it does get confusing when it says "instead of attacking". Let's try this without that line:

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mimring's attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately.
Yeah, I like that better. He either attacks with a range of 1 or he attacks in an 8-space straight line and attacks all figures, not just enemy figures.

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 12:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@quozl , I like the idea, it just seems like a lot of work. I think I like the approach of tweaking the crossover rules to use them both a bit better as we discussed in the other thread. I'll most likely check out you guys progress but I don't think I'll participate much.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 4th, 2016, 01:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Sweet! I asked for exactly this not very long ago in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I like this idea. And I know that this isn’t exactly what you are talking about but I wonder if anyone like the smart folks responsible for C3V, SOV, HOSS, and C3G could come up with a way to take, say all the RotV squads, and assign them a color, number of lives, and possibly even change their abilities, and create new cards in order to make them truly compatible with AotP. In other words, just make AotP customs out of our official Heroscape figures. This way we would have so much more to work with and could wait much more patiently for official WotC releases.
I'm super glad to see folks working on it. If I had any talents I would offer them to you.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; August 4th, 2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: L
Old August 4th, 2016, 01:34 PM

One of the things we'll need is playtesting, which anyone can do, so we can get the points right and if questions come up about the powers (and their interactions with the spells), we can get that ironed out.

So thanks for you interest and I hope you help out in any way you can!

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2016, 01:42 PM

I think the changes address the original questions 'scapers had on Mimring. Perhaps one more tweak to highlight the choice between Melee and Range, something along these lines:

Quote:
FIRE LINE
When Mimring attacks, you may choose a regular melee attack, or you may choose 8 spaces in a straight line from one of Mimring's spaces. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Mimring's attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately.
I am trying to keep the word count low, and it might not be necessary to make the distinction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender