Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Cool custom, Req. I like the Shaolin defense, that's good stuff.

I do see a problem with Kung Fu Fighting, though. It says an attacking KFM may attack any figure adjacent to another KFM. What if I have a squad of KFM still in my starting area, and another squad mixed up with the enemy on the other side of the field, and I activate the ones from my starting zone. Suddenly, they just got a huge range boost. Also, is it considered a ranged attack if the KFM attack a figure 10 spaces away that is adjacent to a fellow KFM? Does the KFM move to be adjacent to the figure she's attacking? It's a darn cool ability, it just needs some sort of clarification/limit, ya know?

There's also another custom with the ignore first level of elevation ability, but I can't think of what it was. I know there was a decent amount of discussion in hammering out that ability to sound right, if I find it, I'll post it.

All in all, cool thematic unit, they just need a little tune up!
This is basically everything I was going to say about these guys.

Kung Fu Fighting needs some rewording to clarify exactly how it works.
Old January 27th, 2007, 09:32 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I don't really see it as a range boost, or even that the figure is attacking from range. Kung Fu Fighting might be clarified to say that for every figure in the activated squad that does not attack, any Kung Fu master on the board may attack one enemy figure he's engaged with. Aside from that, very cool, and a nice bonus to Shoalin Monks.
Old January 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Loco4DaMofo has disabled reputation
Those terror wights are some scary SOBs.

Old January 27th, 2007, 11:03 PM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
"When attacking, Kung Fu Masters may attack any enemy figure adjacent to any other adjacent Kung Fu Master."

So it only works against enemies that are next to other KFM's that are next to the attacking KFM.

eg, if KFM-1 is next to say Krug, and KFM-2 is next to KFM-1 but NOT next to Krug, KFM-2 can still attack Krug.

I hope I'm explaining it right. Just dont forget the last "adjacent" in the description
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM

QBakies has disabled reputation
I understand the Kung Fu Fighting ability but it needs to be reworded for clarification. Good custom otherwise.
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Hmm what about something like...

"When attacking, Kung Fu Masters may attack any enemy figure that is adjacent to any friendly Kung Fu Master that is adjacent to the attacking figure."

Im not sure how else to describe it without making it sound far more complicated than it is. Any ideas?
Old January 29th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
After rereading the original version, it works the way it is written, sorry for missing the second "adjacent." When I think about it that way, I can see a KFM just sort of jump kicking the guy and bouncing back to where he started, so maybe you could add in something at the end of Kung Fu Fighting. Something like: "This attack is treated as though the attacking KFM is adjacent to the attacked figure." would work. Does that make sense? I don't think they're tossing chi balls or ninja stars or anything right? So you gotta make sure you can hit drake with it, the KMA don't block it with 1 and samurai have a chance to counterstrike against it. I'm sure Newb., Doc, or nether could hammer out more official sounding text, though.

smallboxgames.com
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
I'm sure Newb., Doc, or nether could hammer out more official sounding text, though.
Alright, I'll take the bait...

Kung Fu Fighting
If a Kung Fu Master is adjacent to another Kung Fu Master you control, that figure may attack any figures engaged to that adjacent Kung Fu Master.

or

Kung Fu Fighting
A Kung Fu Master may attack any figures engaged with another friendly Kung Fu Master if the two Kung Fu Masters are adjacent.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old January 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM

Ok, how about a totally different approach to obtain the same goal.

"After moving and before attacking, Kung Fu Masters may swap places with any adjacent friendly Kung Fu Master, ignoring all engagements and elevations for both figures."

This is pretty much what I visualized when I thought of this ability. Like in those martial arts movies where 2 or 3 good guys would constantly swap places and jump over each other to get to the bad guys.

So you could in effect attack with KFM-1 normally, then swap KFM-1 with KFM-2 and attack with KFM-2 normally while KFM-1 is where #2 was.
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:28 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Nice new custom. I don't think that Kung Fu fighting really makes sense but it is still an awesome custom. Great work as always.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Quote:
I'm sure Newb., Doc, or nether could hammer out more official sounding text, though.
Kung Fu Fighting
A Kung Fu Master may attack any figures engaged with another friendly Kung Fu Master if the two Kung Fu Masters are adjacent.
I vote for this one. It's clear and concise.
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Ok, I updated the card to read...

"Before a Kung Fu Master attacks it may swap places with any adjacent friendly Kung Fu Master, ignoring all engagements and elevations for both figures"

This way as you go to attack with each seperate KFM you can swap places with another adjacent one. This enables you to attack as the original description intended, but also makes sure its counted as a normal melee attack.

Its also fairly simple... i hope

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards