Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old September 6th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Experiance/Rewards/Items for killing another army card

I was toying with the idea of making a deck of cards much like out of the old heroquest game for treasure items when you kill another players pieces.

Each time a army card was destroyed that player that destroyed the army would draw a treasure card, these cards would have things like
restore 1 life
add 1 defence to next dice roll
reroll an attack
add 1 attack to next dice roll
reroll an defence roll
move an extra 3 spaces
walk on water
even the good ole wandering monster...something like and angry orc or something that rolls 2 attack as soon as the card is drawn and goes away after defence is rolled.

thats just a few i could think of off the top my head...

1st question, I searched through the threads but wasnt sure what to search for, SO has this been worked on yet or is there another thread i could refer to on ideas.

2nd if this hasnt been started yet can you scapers toss out some more thoughts as i was wanting about a 60 card deck of treasure ranging from cards that help and hurt
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
There are many similar additions, such as HeroScape Gear, HeroScape Equipment, Heroscape Enhanced Boons, SpellBound cards, etc. However, I do believe your exact idea as a reward for offing others is different and should be explored.

Notes/Suggestions:

• If you are planning on creating CCG sized cards, you can fit 8 cards to a single US standard 8.5" x 11" page. So keep the number of cards divisible by 8 (24, 32, 40 or 48 ). I would not do more than 48 cards initially (preferably 32), as you can always do more later if there is demand. The cost of printing gets prohibitive when too many cards are required for use.

• You don't want to imbalance the game too much, so keep the "reward" simple 1 shots. Such as "Walk on Water" All figures on the rewarded Army Card may move across water spaces without stopping on one future turn. Discard after use.

• Even more important than the cards themselves at this point are the rules of use. This is the foundation of the expansion, without these rules solidified the cards may contradict themselves and/or may simply make the cards themselves incongruous for gameplay without the rules set up beforehand.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:14 AM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks Malechi, I had hoped you would be one of the scapers to reply, you answered specificly on card size something i had been thinking and had not figured out yet. As i do intend the cards to be Playing card size.
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:44 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
There's a CCG called "Racer Knights of Falconus" or something that had constructable race cars kind of like Pirates.

In that game there is the concept of "valor" and "victory" markers that you gain for certain actions and then can "cash in" at various key times. If you see any packs of those on sale (I think the game didn't do too well) pick them up because the valor markers are actually hex shaped and would fit in HeroScape nicely! (I'll try to post a picture).

Anyway, with or without the markers, I have been interested in some solid rules for rewardeding players for certain actions in the game that they can use later on important rolls, etc.

Old September 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I wonder if the system would be unbalanced if you draw after killing every figure.....for example, if I field a swarm of Orcs and you field an army of big Jotun/Charos/Q9 baddies, I'll be drawing far less cards than you.

Perhaps cards should be drawn based on point value somehow? Or perhaps once a full army card is elminated to slightly slow down the draws against swarms?
Old September 7th, 2006, 12:28 PM

My thoughts would be that you only draw a card for every ARMY CARD you destroy. So if you kill 1 orc you would not draw a card.

Good point JCB with that said i will plan it being based also on point value. So you get 1 card for every 50 points destroyed. Big bosses would naturally have BIG loots
Old September 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
JCB has a good point. Killing a Swog Rider or Dumutef Guard (25 points) and killing Jotun (225 points) should not be viable for the same rewards.

Perhaps a Talisman-like Collection System could be set up ... Collect opponent's destroyed Army Cards. Players may exchange 100 points to gain a draw from the Reward Deck. All unused points at the time of exchange are ignored. So this creates a situation where a player has a destroyed Jotun Army Card, they can now either turn Jotun in to draw 2 Reward Cards (and lose the 25 extra points); or hold Jotun's Army Card until the player gains another 75 points in destroyed units and pulls 3 Reward Cards.

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
We switched to a point system a long time ago as many of our large scale games end before players get eliminated. Using points to purchase benefits is something we have dabbled with by allowing a player to exchange so many points for a random pull of a glyph from a bag. It better be worth it though, as points are the determination of the victor at the end of the game. I will see if I can copy in our points rules as a reference. Some of the points refer to other house rules we play with, just ignore them for now. Hope this helps...

We use a set of poker chips to issue points.

List of all of the Victory Points Used for HeroScape Games
Chip Values: Pink=100 / Blue=25 / Red=5 / White=1

PTS…How To Get Points / Condition
025…First Blood (Combat only)
025…First Kill (Squad Member) / (Combat only)
100…First Kill (Entire Squad) / (Combat only)
100…First Kill (Hero) / (Combat only)
100…Kill a General
050…Visit your own Tower
075…Visit a neutral Tower
100…Visit an enemy Tower
050…Visit a Shrine
150…Visit a Shrine / (Underground)
025…Pull a Glyph
200…Eliminate a Player
050…Possess a Gem / (Given at Game End)
100…Raise a Flag (Black Hex) / (Given at Game End)
200…Raise a Flag (Yellow Hex) / (Given at Game End)
100…Hunt the Hobbit
020…Each Zombie killed

When a unit is killed you get the value of that unit as determined by the full value of the card / # of units on the card, (Round up). At the end of the game each player scores points for units remaining in play. The value per unit is determined by the full value of the card / # of units on the card, (Round up).

Instant Victory Conditions (Must be decided prior to the game).
• Eliminate all other players.
• Get “x” number of shrines.
• Have “x” number of flags flying at the same time.
• Occupy “x” number of towers at the same time.

If a player is eliminated by another player, they are out and their points are forfeit. If the player is eliminated by another means, i.e. zombies, then their points are frozen and they still may be a victor at game end depending on their points. A player may not inflict damage on themselves to qualify for this, if a player is eliminated based on their own actions, then their points are also forfeit.

Optional Rule: Player may cash in 150 points in chips for a random glyph pull.
Old September 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

My thoughts on the subject was going along the lines of chips/chits/tokens when I remembered Talisman, no chips/chits/tokens the victor collects the destroyed enemy cards and exchanges a set amount of 7 to gain Strength. Like HeroScape the defeated Talisman enemies come in various point values, not always divisible by the Talisman exchange amount of 7. Therefore, players must decide to hold the cards until they have a divisible amount or lose the extra, basically the player decides to round down or not depending on their need at the time! No need for extra chips/chits/tokens required, no forced rounding of points.

Old September 10th, 2006, 04:01 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Sounds like there are some good ideas being thrown around here. Anyone familiar with the Zombies! board game? Me and my sons set up some experience rules for that game that enabled character progression, leading to some pretty intense games - if you have progressed and improved a character, you obviously get rather panicky if it looks like they are going to get killed. I'm all for Leifkickers idea of generating cards like a CCG. Will keep an eye on this thread...
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
JCB has a good point. Killing a Swog Rider or Dumutef Guard (25 points) and killing Jotun (225 points) should not be viable for the same rewards.

Perhaps a Talisman-like Collection System could be set up ... Collect opponent's destroyed Army Cards. Players may exchange 100 points to gain a draw from the Reward Deck. All unused points at the time of exchange are ignored. So this creates a situation where a player has a destroyed Jotun Army Card, they can now either turn Jotun in to draw 2 Reward Cards (and lose the 25 extra points); or hold Jotun's Army Card until the player gains another 75 points in destroyed units and pulls 3 Reward Cards.
I like this, but don't think you should lose extra points. When you kill an army card, the points should be tallied to your "bank" just like money. You could then spend them however you like to draw cards or whatever. You wouldn't lose the change.
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi

I like this, but don't think you should lose extra points. When you kill an army card, the points should be tallied to your "bank" just like money. You could then spend them however you like to draw cards or whatever. You wouldn't lose the change.
First off it is about the simplicity. You start giving out "change" then you need more tokens, there are plenty enough tokens to go round as it is.

Secondly it is about making tough descisions. Whether to turn in the Army Card before you have an even amount, directly forces that tough descision. This is a main tenet of good game design. If there is no risk by getting "change" for turned in points, then that completely waters down that descision to a non-issue. Taking it a step further, this would impact strategy during gameplay. Players may decide to attack figures that correspond in cost to that which they need to turn in!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions