Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
has been BANNED

MCCAIN-RAELIN 2008 Woo who?
A Notable Observation

Has anyone ever noticed that a board with a lot of "height" on it is one that greatly benefits ranged units? I have played many games to test this hypothesis and thought about it for many hours on many occasions. What I have concluded as being the reason for this is that the range figures can obtain "height" and attack with the standard "height" bonus typically early and for many rounds. This enhanced attack can prove to be trouble for non-ranged figures to deal with while they are trying to obtain "adjacency". So remember this the next time you are drafting figures to play on a board that has a lot of "height".
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: A Notable Observation

Yes, I believe that's the general strategy.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
has been BANNED

I would like some feedback on this please....when is leaving an engagement worth it? and should emotions play a role?
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCAIN-RAELIN 2008 View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that a board with a lot of "height" on it is one that greatly benefits ranged units? I have played many games to test this hypothesis and thought about it for many hours on many occasions. What I have concluded as being the reason for this is that the range figures can obtain "height" and attack with the standard "height" bonus typically early and for many rounds. This enhanced attack can prove to be trouble for non-ranged figures to deal with while they are trying to obtain "adjacency". So remember this the next time you are drafting figures to play on a board that has a lot of "height".
Oh crap I never realized this. Thanks.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Gee, I can't believe no one else ever noticed this.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I demand an immediate title change!!!!!!

Old January 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I demand an immediate title change!!!!!!

You're just afraid someone's after your title.

Edit: McCain-Raelin 2008, welcome to the site, and please excuse our friendly ribbing. We're just messin' with ya because your observation is a pretty basic one for people who've played the game for any amount of time.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:18 PM
has been BANNED

*L* The ribbing is fine with me. Maybe someday I will post something interesting that no one has thought of or dealt with before......awwwhhh nakita agents have smoke screen.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:21 PM
has been BANNED

is it fair to say that they should get a bonus to their role for the smoke screen when they are beside "bush"?
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCAIN-RAELIN 2008 View Post
is it fair to say that they should get a bonus to their role for the smoke screen when they are beside "bush"?

No they do not because the bush/palm tree bonus is for your DEFENSE ROLL not for you defense special ability.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:30 PM
has been BANNED

well some of you may find this a little interesting.....did you know due to what is called "The percentage probability of mathematical coefficients" that rolling one die at a time, when rolling a minimum of 3, mathematically yields a higher percentage chance of rolling a skull, when compared to rolling all the dice at once?
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
has been BANNED

this does not prove true for shields though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion