Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 27th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Consistency and going beyond NM24

OK, but doesn't Thanos bring a very powerful and unique presence to the game? You may not know who Count V. is right now either, but what I am trying to say is that if he is extremely cool and interesting to play with, then and only then will he have proven his position in a DC Master Set.
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:22 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am withholding my vote on the current Count, I am curious how the rest of the group feels with him compared to Deathstroke or Deadshot.
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
You may not know who Count V. is right now either, but what I am trying to say is that if he is extremely cool and interesting to play with, then and only then will he have proven his position in a DC Master Set.
Agreed. This is what we should strive for with all characters. Though Hulk/Abomination and Spidey/Venom are pretty similar, they do bring something different to the table. One thing I've noticed about supers is that they seem to fall into having a movement power, an offensive power, and a defensive power. That's a good group of powers to have, but it makes it more difficult to make each character unique. However, I'm confident that this process is going to create some wonderful customs.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:29 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I am withholding my vote on the current Count, I am curious how the rest of the group feels with him compared to Deathstroke or Deadshot.
I voted Nay. I'd prefer either of the assassins.
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I voted yes. I think it would be good to have a "who in the world is that?!" figure. The controversy over whether he should've been selected will be free advertising for the set!!
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM

I went ahead and voted nay since it seems like Whitestuff isn't to thrilled about the count either.

Whitestuff. If the Count is shot down, and there is an opening for a new nomination, please nominate Deadshot or Deathstroke before someone nominates the Count again or worse. If I have a chance to I will as well.

The only way I can be sold on the idea of Count Vertigo is if I hear some really good ideas as to how he can make this set interesting and still competitive.
As it stands,
Techno Ninja Assassin > Little man with a cape
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:17 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Whitestuff. If the Count is shot down, and there is an opening for a new nomination, please nominate Deadshot or Deathstroke before someone nominates the Count again or worse. If I have a chance to I will as well.
Sorry to tell you that you'll have to fight the good fight on your own - it is my sleepy time...
You certainly have my backing though.

Quote:
The only way I can be sold on the idea of Count Vertigo is if I hear some really good ideas as to how he can make this set interesting and still competitive.
As it stands,
Techno Ninja Assassin > Little man with a cape who looks lame to boot...
What is this Count guy all about? What does he actually do that makes him worthy to be in the first DC wave? Aren't there more iconic badies?
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM

I think he looks kinda cool actually with his large green cape and flipped out collar. He looks almost identical to Neron the demon.
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

As I slipped into the building I immediately made my way over to the Guild office. The door was locked but those internal doors are flimsy with locks that my sister, if I had one, could bust just by leaning on it.

The lights were out so I left them that way. No sense in waking any of the sleeping guards just so I'd have to end up killing them. I wasn't in the mood. Besides, desk, 2 chairs, small bookcase, it wasn't too difficult to navigate without my eyes.

I flipped on the zippo when I was at the desk and grabbed the piece of paper on top. "Count Vertigo?" I said to myself.

I guess I can live with it but don't expect the younger generation with their pants hanging off halfway down the back of their thighs to even give him a second look. How do they walk like that anyway.

Well, I thought it was time I dropped a little message for these amateurs, a message that would hopefully smarten them up. So I scrambled for a pen and went to work. It was a long note, but hopefully these thugs knew how to read past the 4th grade level.

Forget the Count, I'd put a bullet between his eyes before you even finish the card. If you want balance and obscurity, I'll toss this one out there for you. Think about, "Black Adam". With the Kryptonian boyscout in the game, the old rip off, Captain Marvel, makes no sense for a while. However, a Captain Marvel look-a-like will have enough recognizable features to wow the fans and at the same time give the bad guys some real power. Don't worry about actually rivalries, even the pros matched Iron Man with Doom.

I then broke the pen just for flavor and let the ink run on the paper like spilled blood. On the way out, I simply shook my head, "Amateurs."

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 27th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Matt Helm is the Man! All others are punks.

Dude, that is a great idea, the only problem I could possibly see with Black Adam is he in not a very good counter for Green Arrow and I would much rather see a Shazam (OK, really his name is Captain Marvel but you have to say Shazam! if you want people to know who you are talking about) vs. Black Adam match up.
There is something very appealing about having Black Adam vs. Superman. Black Adam rules!

Griffin wears a belt with his pants at the appropriate waist line, 2 inches below his navel, where Matt Helm probably keeps his pants at about 6 inches above his navel.
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Make that proposal my friend, I think it works. By having Black Adam in the game, it sets up a Superman vs. psuedo-Shazam which is just plain awesome. Then you could revisit as to whether you want Darkseid or Lex (I like the Darkseid choice but it really all comes down to balance of power between the teams).

I'd suggest you toss up Black Adam for discussion and get him in there.

And I'm glad Griffin wears pants, Matt Helm on the other hand, works from home.
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM

I will consider the idea, I still think that Deadshot is a better choice though.
I did some research on Count Vertigo, and it turns out that his current state of bitterness and depression is based all around the story of how Black Canary and Green Arrow defeated him and put him behind bars. While in prison, he lost his family castle. It appears that he may belong in this set after all.

I work from home as well, and that is why pants are only for company and public, and when I have to go play music for people. Oh, my life is so hard.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project