Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 10th, 2022, 12:25 AM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post
And it's capped at 3 because one of his arms got cut off fairly early on iirc.
Ah yeah, even the mini has one of his arms as a bandaged stub. Mea Culpa!
Quote:
I'm not sure if this would be pushing it, but would it be possible to add Chemming as a 4th power instead of getting rid of the SA?
It would fit on the card probably. I personally feel like 4 powers on a relatively minor character is pushing it, but that's a personal taste thing.
Quote:
WARBOUND
While Miek is adjacent to at least one friendly Gladiator, add 1 to his Attack and Defense numbers. After Miek defends against an attack from an opponent's figure, you may move one Gladiator figure you control.

CHEMMING
When rolling for initiative, you may add 1 to your roll for each Unique Gladiator Hero you control engaged with an enemy figure.

FOR THE HIVE! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4 + SPECIAL
When attacking with this special attack, Miek may attack one additional time for each Wound Marker on his Army Card, to a maximum of 3 total attacks. Miek rolls an extra attack die with this special attack while he is adjacent to at least one friendly Gladiator figure.

NEVER STOPPING
When a friendly Gladiator adjacent to Miek attacks an opponent's figure with a normal attack and does not inflict any wounds, you may immediately roll an unblockable attack die against every figure adjacent to Miek.
What if you combined the Chemming effect with the SA?
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, Miek may attack one additional time for each engaged figure you control, to a maximum of 2 additional attacks.
Quote:
NAME = MIEK

SPECIES = SAKAARAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GLADIATOR
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

WARBOUND
While Miek is adjacent to at least one friendly Gladiator, add 1 to his Attack and Defense numbers. After Miek defends against an attack from an opponent's figure, you may move one Gladiator figure you control.

Range 1. Attack 4 + SPECIAL

After attacking with this special attack, Miek may attack one additional time for each engaged figure you control, to a maximum of 2 additional attacks.

NEVER STOPPING
If Miek successfully wounds an enemy with his normal attack, he must roll an unblockable attack die against all adjacent enemies.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Is this better at all?
Old January 10th, 2022, 12:34 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Change Never Stopping and it has my support!
Old January 10th, 2022, 12:53 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
NEVER STOPPING
If Miek attacks an opponent's figure with a normal attack and does not inflict any wounds, roll one unblockable attack die against each figure engaged with Miek.
How about this, it's a little more balanced and pretty much guarantees that he'll wound, getting across the power name. Similar to the earlier one, but based on his attacks, not his allies, which makes more sense to me. Also I've had a lot of frustrating turns with single attack figures not wounding, so one that is pretty much always going to dish out something on normal attack is a good "get" for the Gladiator faction and any army overall.
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Quote:
NEVER STOPPING
If Miek attacks an opponent's figure with a normal attack and does not inflict any wounds, roll one unblockable attack die against each figure engaged with Miek.
How about this, it's a little more balanced and pretty much guarantees that he'll wound, getting across the power name. Similar to the earlier one, but based on his attacks, not his allies, which makes more sense to me. Also I've had a lot of frustrating turns with single attack figures not wounding, so one that is pretty much always going to dish out something on normal attack is a good "get" for the Gladiator faction and any army overall.
My concern is more with theme. Miek's defining characteristic is that he's a bit of a zealot. When Hulk arrives on Sakaar, he teaches Miek the lesson of "Never stop making [the people that hurt you] pay" and Miek takes it incredibly literally. He gets upset and violent when Hulk and the other Warbound show mercy or try to slow their warpath of vengeance. His big character moment is that when Hulk is finally content, Miek commits mass murder, blaming the earth heroes in order to get Hulk fired up again.

So a Never Stopping power should really be about Miek lashing out when his allies "show weakness", and a Miek design in general should have a little bit of treacherousness in it.
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:40 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh wow, yeah I haven't read it, so I'm out of my element here haha.
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:43 AM

Quote:
When a friendly figure in clear sight of Miek attacks an opponent's figure with a normal attack and does not inflict any wounds, you must immediately roll an unblockable attack die against every figure adjacent to Miek.
Probably just do something like this then off the earlier one.
Old January 10th, 2022, 02:02 AM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
So a Never Stopping power should really be about Miek lashing out when his allies "show weakness", and a Miek design in general should have a little bit of treacherousness in it.
Quote:
NEVER STOPPING
When a friendly figure attacks an opposing figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Miek and does not destroy that figure, Miek must move adjacent to the enemy figure and roll an unblockable attack for against all (enemy?) figures adjacent to him.
Does this sound about right?
Old January 10th, 2022, 02:06 AM

So I wrote this a few months ago I think, I remember people talking about how Cyborg I isn't a go-to draft for the Titans and wrote up one that would work better with them.
Quote:

NAME = CYBORG
SECRET IDENTITY = VIC STONE

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = TROUBLED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240?

"BOOYAH!"
Once per round, after revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking a turn with Cyborg, if an enemy figure received one or more wounds this turn, Titans you control add 1 to their Move and Attack numbers and you may either:
• Take a turn with another Titan you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Cyborg
• Move with one Titan you control within clear sight of Cyborg and then attack with another Titan you control within clear sight of Cyborg

S.T.A.R. LABS' GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT
Start the game with a Glyph of EMP and one Invention Glyph on this card. Invention Glyphs cannot be removed from this card unless Cyborg is destroyed. Cyborg is not affected by Glyph of EMP.

UNHACKABLE DEFENSES
If Cyborg would be targeted by an opponent's special power that affects Cyborgs, that opponent must roll the 20-sided die. If they roll an 18 or lower, Cyborg may not be targeted by that special power.

SUPER STRENGTH
I gave him Troubled, because on top of being a very fitting personality for early Cyborg (from the original New Teen Titans comics I've read), it gets him some unintentional Doom Patrol synergy (or is it; I really like the show).

The original Teen Titans show was the main thing I enjoyed from DC when I was a kid, so I had to go with Booyah! for the Titan leader power, it's also a once per round so he would work well as a capable second in command with Nightwing when it's not Nightwing's Titans Go turn.

Power Armor seems to be the place to be right now so I worked that in, having him basically resilient to the downsides of being a Cyborg and the Power Armor synergies.

Here's the EMP Glyph design. I could possibly design another invention glyph or two to work with his arm cannon as well, the idea is that he's just integrating the invention tech in there.

Last edited by Splash; January 10th, 2022 at 09:10 AM.
Old January 10th, 2022, 02:13 AM

I also wrote-up a Beast Boy design around the same time to make Beast Boy more viable too, since he's another Titan that doesn't see much play. It's one that rewards you for drafting multiple Beast forms. I'll revisit it and post in a few days.
Old January 10th, 2022, 06:33 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Re: Cyborg.

I think his powers are well thought out and capture his theme and personality well.

Old January 10th, 2022, 06:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Being a Cyborg is not a Power Armor.
Old January 10th, 2022, 06:57 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Being a Cyborg is not a Power Armor.
I'm not sure if you were responding to me. I meant that Cyborg was the name of the unit, not the name of a power or Power Armor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project