Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Armoc Vipers

The Book of Armoc Vipers
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - Greeks and Vipers

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: When Ullar saw the visions of the Armoc Vipers, he was pleased. He knew pure power and feocity would not be enough to win the most critical battles. The role they play on Valhalla is the same role they played on Marr: they are the protectors of the Venoc Warlord. Their speed in water and advanced defensive abilities make them well-suited to work on the front lines in any of Ullar's Campaigns. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
ULLAR WARLORD BONDING
Before taking a turn with Armoc Vipers, you may first take a turn with any Warlord you control who follows Ullar.

SLITHER
Armoc Vipers do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- ULLAR WARLORD BONDING : How Many Warlords
How does Ullar Warlord bonding work? Can I take a turn with all the Warlords that follow Ullar I control first?
No, you can take a free (move & attack) turn with any one Warlord that follows Ullar before taking a turn with the Armoc Vipers. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
As a unit that follows Ullar, Armoc Vipers may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, Armoc Vipers may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- ULLAR WARLORD BONDING : Ullar Warlords
*Venoc Warlord
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Armoc Vipers- Though not the most point-efficient melee squad, a group of Armocs with Warlord can be devastating. B-

OEAO: Armoc Vipers- Armocs just do not have much going for them. 65 points for 3 figures with 3 defense who's best bonding option is Mittens is just not worth it. 1-2x Armocs and Mittens is mediocre but not horrible; however, that has more to do with Mittens and less to do with the Armocs themselves. B-

Cleon: Tier 4 (150/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Armoc Vipers- Hello, Azurite Warlord. B

Master Index
Are Armoc Vipers Worth it in Your Opinion?

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Just got these guys yesterday, and I must say, they really are quite good with the Warlord. Send in Venocs to swarm the opponent, and use the Armocs and their leader as a second wave.
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Akkarin Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Argh, 65 points. I love these guys but 65 is the hardest number to fit into your army. [...]
... and what makes it worse is that they are among the few common squads that can fulfill their role quite well when only a single squad of them is drafted.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't know if this is heresy, but sometimes I draft two squads of these as a counter to range.

No, I mean, without the warlord.

The 7 move does it (and the 3 defense makes them superior to simply using venocs.)

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik
I don't know if this is heresy, but sometimes I draft two squads of these as a counter to range.

No, I mean, without the warlord.

The 7 move does it (and the 3 defense makes them superior to simply using venocs.)
The move 7 is certainly sweet, but a defense of 3 won't last long against most ranged attacks of 2 or 3, (or more if they're on height... which is pretty typical for ranged units).

I would still have to say that Venoc Vipers are better suited for anti-range roles than the armocs, given wise use of available cover, and even one lucky roll for the frenzy ability. (plus at 40pts a pop, it doesn't hurt too much if you lose a viper here and there... just draft LOTS of 'em... I always view the venoc vipers as cheap cruise missles to launch at the enemy and see what damage they inflict before expiring.)

But use the Elite Vipers as the ultimate anti-ranged / melee figs. They get 10 Defense dice against both normal and special ranged attacks, can frenzy, and have a respectable A of 3. Just don't throw them into a vast horde of ranged figs or they'll be eaten alive when the remaining opposing figures move into adjacency. EOV are best suited for rushing and picking off the ranged figures or squads who wander from the main force and can be picked off relatively quickly.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old April 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Although they may be a bit expensive, and 65 points is still somewhat difficult to manage with, I wouldn't overlook their potential on a few small inconveniences.

They have a move of 7, which make them some of the most, if not the most, mobile units on the field. Their ability to get up onto a ranged unit quickly, plus without having to stop for a water space, gives them a large advantage on the field.

I have had some success with these units mostly in 3 player games. I would bring them out onto the field, but have them inactive for about half of the game. Then, when my opponents begin closing in, they have a squad of Armoc Vipers adjacent to them, and their ranged squad figures are in a bit of trouble.

Most people overlook the vipers as a minor threat, and therefore do not pay enough attention to them. I see them as a common squad capable of doing a lot of damage when played in the right army, and some advanced strategy.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Armoc Vipers

In Aldin's 450-pt Army thread Red_Sox_1 suggested an army that I'm really excited to test drive, and the Armocs are an integral part of it:

Fyorlag Spiders x2 80
Sujoah 265
Venoc Warlord 385
Armoc Vipers 450

I love the synergy within this army, and the Armocs are a key component, even with only a single squad.

Of course, their seemingly awkward point cost is balanced nicely with Sujoah's, so that helps!

Returns for more.

Old January 10th, 2014, 09:34 AM

Owlman is surprisingly tart

It's been about 8 yrs. since these poor guys have been mentioned, so I figured I'd drop in and say a quick "hey".

Be polite: Don't tell other people not to put politics or religion in their signature
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have alwaysss liked thessse guysss. There sssculptsss are cool, but sssadly their ssscrawny brothersss get all the love. Typical.
Old January 10th, 2014, 03:57 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

The Armocs are very cool but they do get over shadowed by their Frenzied scout brethren.

Northwest Customs did a custom Warlord to help them out (Kyssandra) and she helped a lot to get them off the shelf and add a new dimension to the Viper army build.

This might not be the right place to share customs, but hey - maybe it will give the Armocs a chance to get onto the battlefield again.
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
It's been about 8 yrs. since these poor guys have been mentioned, so I figured I'd drop in and say a quick "hey".
Wait when did it become 2016, I was just getting used to 2014?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old January 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Speaking of customs, you can try my take on helping the Armocs too, the Armoc Warlord. Zogross Hardscale and Azurite Warlord are also great. Though I will say that this is enough chatter about customs here.

She is a Yuan-Ti Swiftscale from the DnD Starter set.

Backstory:

Wielding the sword and shield of Raptorian Supreme, Daenoterrix, the young Viper earned her rank after leading the Raptorian's assassination prior to the war.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units