Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 19th, 2018, 01:00 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (10/18/2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
All your stuff is looking great. Are you making heroscape custom cards to go with them?
I do for most of them, but most of them are in the draft stages as I don't have a whole lot of time to play test, or photoshop the figure images for MSE. Here's an example of one of them:

and this card is for this figure:
Old October 28th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (10/28/2018)

This time I did quite a bit of painting and here are the results.

I did another gelatinous cube this week this time with the one from the Nolzur's D&D miniature line. I originally used a wash on the cube, but it ended up too opaque to see what was inside it so I had to scrub it with a sponge while still leaving a bit of green wash on it.

This was Pathfinder Silver dragon from the Deep Cuts line that I painted up as a bronzish dragon while experimenting with games workshops' hexwraith flame technical paint as a wash. It ended up giving a very green metallic which is interesting.

I recently bought a box of Unmarried Zulu Warriors made by Warlord games that I painted up to use with Scytale's custom Zulus. I also made the extra Zulus into two different unique squads.

This one is a Chimera from Reaper bones that I painted up with a red dragon head.

This was a Shade of Bleakewood copy that I painted up that was my first run at using a mold to copy a figure.

This one is Hordes model from Privateer press that goes along with some more Hordes models that that I have unpainted.

This is the figure for Gothlok that I painted up a bit because the wolf had broken spikes and to try and get his skin to be grey like the deathchasers. Eventually I want give his flag a Valkrill symbol instead of the red hand.

This one is a Minc and Boo miniature in the D&D paint set for Nolzur's and uses a Gale Force Nine D&D miniature.

This is a Reaper bones bugbear that I painted up and is next to one that I previously painted. I also have another reaper bugbear that I'm going to paint up, hopefully this week.

This one is a reaper bones miniature of a barbarian that I painted at the same time as the bugbear I painted this week.

These are some Nolzur's Aasimar that I painted up to be Aquillan Kyrie. I painted these up to match the previous two that I painted.
Old November 4th, 2018, 06:09 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (11/4/2018)

I took some time this week to work on newer figures that I ordered as well as trying to repair some older miniatures.

A Reaper miniatures Vampire miniature that I got for free from my order from their site's Halloween promotion as well as some paints and a translucent grey shadow. I painted her up with very pail skin with the paints they gave me.

Another Reaper Bugbear miniature that I painted up this week.

A Reaper bones armored ogre that I painted up. I eventually want to get and paint up the other ogres in the Bones line.

Some Tharn Ravagers and a leader that they have from the Hordes game. I got them from ebay with a paint job that was chipping so I fixed them up and sealed them to make them look nice.

With the newer Tharn Ravagers I got I was able to make a mold of their weapons and shields to fix some older ones up and repair them. Currently still have two more that need some arms and spears still.
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:28 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
Quote:
All your stuff is looking great. Are you making heroscape custom cards to go with them?
I do for most of them, but most of them are in the draft stages as I don't have a whole lot of time to play test, or photoshop the figure images for MSE. Here's an example of one of them:

Awesome Mods and painting as always. Just seen this again as I had photoshop up. Hope you don't mind me throwing this together for you.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
Quote:

Awesome Mods and painting as always. Just seen this again as I had photoshop up. Hope you don't mind me throwing this together for you.
Thanks man that's awesome! I'm definitely going to put that in my customs thread later.
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (11/4/2018)

You bet. It wasn't too hard and I was in Photoshop already.

Old November 18th, 2018, 11:59 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (11/18/2018)

This past two weeks I've been working on a couple of mini's I had before as well as buying some new ones.

These were the tharn ravagers that I fixed up finally painted, some look better than others, but it's good that they have all there parts back.

I bought a bunch of Myconids from the Nolzur's miniature line, and speed painted them up today which is why they look a little wet due to the drying sealant.

I found this guy in the miscellaneous miniatures bin and really liked the idea of a pirate dog. I have no idea what line it is from or what miniature it is though.

This was another figure in the miscellaneous miniature bin that I painted up. I think it is either a hordes or warmachine model, but I'm not sure. I wanted to practice painting yellow, and it was a fun mini to paint.

I got two more reaper bones deep ones painted up to match with my previous two, and was able to color match them pretty well.

These are some reaper bones hobgoblins that I painted up. I wanted to go with a more red skin tone as compared to Kurrok's brown skin tone, because I prefer the color.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 06:48 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (12/3/2018)

I've been a bit busy with school lately, so I haven't been painting as much as I've liked and my paint pile has grown a bit since Miniature Market's Black Friday sale. I did end up getting some more paints, which will end up expanding my palette (I also recently got a proper wet palette which has been nicer than my homemade one).

On black Friday I bought a few of the toys from Michael's that I'm thinking of repainting. This is the first one I did repainting a bald eagle as a Roc for D&D or Heroscape. This one also has a Heroscape double base that I started making from a mold.

This is an Ogre Matriarch from Reaper minis that I painted up.

Some more Reaper mini Ogres that I painted up and I plan to use one of the cards from the custom contest that was a while ago.

Another Reaper mini bugbear that I did finishing all the bones bugbear sculpts

These two are from the female wizard Deep cuts line from Wizkids.

This last one is a Elf mini from Reaper that I painted up as a Drow.
Old December 12th, 2018, 05:02 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (12/12/2018)

I was able to make some more progress in my painting as well as finally finishing up the shades of Bleakewoode I made copies of.

These were the shades I made finally painted up. I think the one on the left turned out the best, the middle one had a muddied up face and the right one had a bunch of flash.

This one is a Reaper miniatures hobgoblin.

I picked up some more minis of a cat and a tiny hippo. I don't know what line their from because I got them loose from my FLGS.

This mini is the Owlbear from the Nolzur's paint set that I got. I like how he ended up and currently he's my favorite owlbear mini I have.

This one is the Bathalian Primarch from Reaper miniatures that I used to try my new paints from the paint set I got.

These were the last two Relic Knights miniatures that I needed to paint up. To paint the green I used Game Workshops HexWraith Flame paint (which is sort of a wash). I ended up knocking over the pot and lost like 2/3 of the paint. At least it wasn't on any carpet and didn't get on my clothes.

These guys are some miniatures from the Runewars miniatures game that I painted up.

This miniature is the Gargantuan Red Dragon from Wizkid's unpainted pathfinder miniature line. He was pretty easy and fun to paint up, the main issue I had was reaching some spots under his spikes and wings.
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:35 PM
"like" happy

Great stuff Toog. I also cloned some of the heroscape ghosts years ago. I used greenstuff and instant mold. I always enjoy seeing your new paint jobs of minis from other games. I have so many I need to paint.

Old December 20th, 2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Great stuff Toog. I also cloned some of the heroscape ghosts years ago. I used greenstuff and instant mold. I always enjoy seeing your new paint jobs of minis from other games. I have so many I need to paint.
I do plan to clone more stuff, but I'm not totally sure which, as I don't want to cut up any of my heroscape stuff (I am thinking about cloning some Armoc Vipers). The resin and mold stuff I use is just the stuff from Michaels. I'm eventually going to need to get some greenstuff to do some gap filling on my Reaper Terrasque. I've managed to keep my mini pile pretty small by trying to keep it under 50 miniatures (though the larger ones have been piling up a bit as I focus on painting the smaller ones)

With winter break I've had a bunch of free time to paint up some of my unpainted pile, as well as starting some of my larger projects. Most of the miniatures that I painted this time are Runewars miniatures because both Miniature Market and Coolstuffinc had sales on them recently.

These were some Runewars Elves that I speed-painted with my new paints.

These are some Runewars Elf heroes that I painted up to match the other ones.

Some more Runewars miniatures that are from the Uthuk faction.

And here are the corresponding Uthuk heroes from Runewars.

These are some Rippers from the Uthuk faction from Runewars that I painted up as Marro/Wulsinu.

This is a Hobgoblin from Reaper miniatures.

This is the T-rex from the Nolzur's line that I painted up to be C3G's Satanus.

I started painting my Kaladrax figure's base as well as staining its wooden base. I'm going start painting him up today.
Old December 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM
"like" happy

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (12/18/2018)

I made a few squads of armocs as well with sandwich molds. They work out well. Great work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions