Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old August 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Dungeons and Dragons!?

How to explain....its like an adventure but in a dungeon. Thats the best way I can put it.
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by b57123m View Post
can anyone sum up what dungeon crawl is???

I googled it and found that it is not just fighting with miniatures but exploring and getting treasures and stuff.

Star Wolf's scenarios

Q9-"I'm poor, I need more points. Please won't you help me?"

Taelord-"BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................NO!"
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Player: I want to advance Throgdar five feet into the maze.

*ten minutes of strenuous rulebook examination and paperwork later*

Player: So...can I finally move now?

DM: *sigh* Yeah, I guess so.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

are the d&D figures in this 3rd master st exclusive for heroscape?
they have orginal hs bases, maybe for heroscape players.

because i think that the orginal d&D figures(with their click weehl) will not work in the heroscape system. ok we had tons of costum figurs, some are balance other not.
and only an eyecandy for the d&d players is 3d not a great, think that could doby a master set since 2004.

maybe it is because the heroscape ms are sold out and so new scapers could get more terain.
but if there is a editor for making your owne heroes that would be cool.

Last edited by dra(gon); August 15th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hate promoting myself like this, but please for the love of god go read my thread in this forum called "D&D Heroscape Information Thread." It will explain a lot.
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post

because i think not that the orginal d&D figures will work in the heroscape system . ok we has tons of costum figurs, some are balance other not.

annde only an eyecandy for the d&d players ist realn not a great thing the could by a master set since 2004.

maybe it is because the heroscape ms are out and so new scapers could get more terain.

What?
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart

I found the troll on D&D website and he is called SKALAMD THE TROLL KING!

Sounds awesome!

I found the dragon also but it just says LARGE BLACK DRAGON

Star Wolf's scenarios

Q9-"I'm poor, I need more points. Please won't you help me?"

Taelord-"BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................NO!"
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:14 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerean View Post
What?
Dra(gon) is from Germany, english is not his first language.
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
Quote:
What?
Dra(gon) is from Germany, english is not his first language.
Oh ok that make some more sense then.
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
I'm not sure where the 'Valhallascape is being discontinued' paranoia is coming from. When Marvel came out were there any fears that the normal stuff was being discontinued? Valhallascape has been successful for five years and gone through more than 10 new releases. Why would they throw out their product with a great track record for an untested license?
Marvel was a separate, compatible game, though. This IS Classic Scape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio View Post
if i don't like marvel, i don't have to play it but the game did not become "only marvel". dungeons and dragons is integrating itself into the heroscape game in a way that marvel never did.
Yep, that's what's at issue here - and then your next point is an important one (which I think most of the people generating this debate are well aware of - we're not being "doom and gloomers" but we are speculating at what the future might hold based on this development.)

Quote:
if waves 11 and 12 are brand new random cross-genre figures then i am wrong (thank goodness) and my concerns were either listened to or unwarranted. but when THE ONLY MASTER SET is a dungeons and dragons themed one, it's hard to imagine waves 11 and 12 being anything but more repainted dungeons and dragons figures.
So we'll wait and see, but there are certainly more signs pointing in this direction than before this set was teased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
1. How is it now a "very strong possibility"? That is just paranoia plain and simple. COULD it happen? Sure. HAS it happened? No. Are there plans to make it happen? Not that anyone on this board has seen.
when someone asks "how long do you think wizards can keep releasing sets with no new molds?" and grungebob answers "very valid concern" i'd chalk that one up in the "strong possibility" column.
I think this is where you're making assumptions without having any evidence. "Valid concern" and "strong possibility" are two completely different things. I have life insurance, because my dying and my family being without income is a "valid concern". But my dying in the next few days, weeks, or years is not a "strong possibility".

Every exclusive figure was also a repaint of an existing figure, and nobody worried about that being the future of the game...
Agreed - it's a "valid concern" not a "strong possibility." But that's just semantics. I think a "valid concern" is worth discussing, particularly when we know members of WotC and our own set of playtesters and designers read these threads and value our feedback.
Blind praise is nice, and I certainly have a lot of (not so blind) praise to offer the guys in the know around here for all they've done over the years, but what's the point of a forum if that's all we're going to offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I personally think there are two somewhat credible complaints/issues:

1) That the figs just don't match in size, style, etc. It looks to me like in the specific case at hand that they tried hard to find figures that do get pretty close. I think if we didn't know they were repaints, we'd just feel like WotC had adjusted the theme ever so slightly. (I see the differences, yes; but I'm not turned off by them as of yet. I trust that time was spent trying to do this as well as possible.)

2) That this could spell drift away from some of Heroscape's core aspects (like the genre-blending--Earth/historical units, Alpha Prime/sci-fi, etc.). But honestly it seems way too soon for us to stress over that. As has been said, let's see what Wave 11 brings. (Of course, there is a good chance Wave 11 might not have been at all, w/o this, but that too is just my speculation.)
Just for the record, since I'm clearly coming up on the "not overly pleased" side of this discussion, right now it's #1 that has me "not overly pleased" (particularly the overall style issue - not just the figures, but the box art, the character names, basically a lot of the "game flavor" that's been leaked in general).
As for #2 I absolutely agree that it's way, way, way too soon to make any assumptions about anything like that. Obviously if that happened it'd be a huge disappointment, but I don't anticipate it happening as it'd be a pretty large departure from what this game has always been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
It just annoys me that various people frown upon (albeit viable) Scape becuse the sculpts are recognizable from somewhere else. I find it much more preferrable to no Scape at all, and if this is what they can do for the time being, than lets praise them for that fact.
Don't get me wrong. I'll accept it. I'll buy it. I'll play with it. But I won't pretend I love it as much as the Scape that's come before or that I'd love it if this aesthetic shift were permanent one. Again, this forum is for more than blind praise, right?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post

because i think not that the orginal d&D figures will work in the heroscape system . ok we has tons of costum figurs, some are balance other not.

annde only an eyecandy for the d&d players ist realn not a great thing the could by a master set since 2004.

maybe it is because the heroscape ms are out and so new scapers could get more terain.

What?
Dragon's from Germany, go easy on him. I'm sure his English is better than your German.

Edit: Super ninja'd there, sorry!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Holy crap new update...

Behold the next step in the destruction of our game...
Haha I got bad rep for this one... Did anyone even think I was serious...
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM

D-OOSH is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Holy crap new update...

Behold the next step in the destruction of our game...
Haha I got bad rep for this one... Did anyone even think I was serious...
I thought it was funny... +rep

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News