Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 6th, 2018, 05:08 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

How much does a backstab power, like Sir Hawthorne, devalue a figure? I tried digging through his book but gave up after about 2 pages of weird corner case questions. Obviously, it's gonna be proportional, and there are no hard and fast rules to custom creation, but what do you guys think?
Old March 6th, 2018, 05:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Compare Denrick to Hawthorne.

Hawthorne has one more life, and has a special attack instead of Giant Killer. Coward's Reward is almost entirely a flavor power, so it doesn't change Denrick's cost much.

It looks like Stab in the Back keeps Hawthorne at least 10 and probably 20 points lower than he would be otherwise.
Old March 6th, 2018, 05:20 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks, I totally forgot about Sir Denrick. (I'm a bit out of touch with the classic 'Scape cards I never owned) The card I'm making is somewhere between a HoSS card and a C3G card, so I'll have to see what cards they've made with backstabbing powers...
Old March 6th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Trying to recall those types of C3G cards and drawing a blank.

Ask over in C3G land and I am sure someone will have a good answer for you.
Old March 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einarian Rifleman View Post
Hi, as I was browsing around on the site I came across the notion that people were wanting to get the HeroScape cards scanned to preserve them.

I was wondering if this task was completed or if there is something still happening with it?
All the official cards have been scanned. There may be some cards that could use a higher resolution scan, but I don't know which ones those might be. If you look at the Books of (each character) the scan is at the beginning of the book.
Old March 7th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I believe that the official card scans were all done with a potato. And it was just the one potato, producing lower and lower quality images as it got more and more ink smeared on it and also it got a little slimy somehow. On the plus side, though, it didn't have to be plugged in, because potatoes produce a small amount of electricity. Not much, but considering the quality of the images, not much was needed.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 7th, 2018, 12:39 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I believe that the official card scans were all done with a potato. And it was just the one potato, producing lower and lower quality images as it got more and more ink smeared on it and also it got a little slimy somehow. On the plus side, though, it didn't have to be plugged in, because potatoes produce a small amount of electricity. Not much, but considering the quality of the images, not much was needed.
A new recipe: Sarcasm Au Gratin

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 7th, 2018, 01:52 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Are we looking for a new potato? This is the potato at my work. I just scanned this for another user to make a card for them. In PDF format it even comes out the right size to print.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is he wearing shades in that pic?
Old March 7th, 2018, 02:28 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is he wearing shades in that pic?
Yes

Old March 7th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks good.

The poor quality of the official card images has come up from time to time, over the years. What it would really take is (1) a person willing to do the scanning, and (2) an Admin who can breeze through the threads in question and swap in the improved images. I suppose a Mod could, too, but my Mod powers do not extend that far. @japes ?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 7th, 2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
It looks good.

The poor quality of the official card images has come up from time to time, over the years. What it would really take is (1) a person willing to do the scanning, and (2) an Admin who can breeze through the threads in question and swap in the improved images. I suppose a Mod could, too, but my Mod powers do not extend that far. @japes ?
It would take a lot of time because this would be at work while the scanner is not in use but I could scan these all in. I have every official card. Some of mine are in poor condition with rips and bends as you might be able to make out here. Other than those the rest of my cards are in good enough condition to get scans like these in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's