Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Black Bolt

The Book of Black Bolt

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #096 / Black Bolt.
Character Bio - One of the most powerful and feared Inhumans, Blackagar Boltagon was exposed to the Terrigen Mists while still an embryo, causing him to be born with tremendous power that surpassed most other Inhumans. Black Bolt’s voice produces quasi-sonic energy that is capable of destroying entire planets if let loose, even a whisper can be fatal. After the death of his parents in a tragedy provoked by Black Bolt’s brother Maximus, Black Bolt was forced to assume the mantle of leadership of the Inhuman species at age twenty. In time, Black Bolt was married to his betrothed mate, Medusalith Amaquelin. Serving together as King and Queen of the Inhumans, they have guided their species through countless terrors, rebellions, assassination attempts, and cosmic wars. Black Bolt places nothing above the protection of his people, having committed unspeakable acts for the safety and betterment of their lives.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Black Bolt interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Black Bolt interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Flying special power, Black Bolt interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Lazy Orang
  • Third playtest: Yodaking
  • Fourth playtest: Arkham
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by japes
  • Black Bolt created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
  • Comic art by Olivier Copiel

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:44 PM. Reason: png
Old June 16th, 2017, 12:37 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bolt - Breathing Period

NAME = BLACK BOLT
SECRET IDENTITY = BLACKAGAR BOLTAGON

SPECIES = INHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KING
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 380

KING OF THE INHUMANS
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn normally with Black Bolt, you may choose one Inhuman figure you control to take a turn with, or up to 2 Inhuman figures you control to take turns with as long as you control a Medusalith Amaquelin-Boltagon figure adjacent to Black Bolt. Black Bolt may be one of the chosen figures. Chosen figures other than Black Bolt must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Black Bolt prior to taking a turn.

A WHISPERED WORD
Once per round, instead of attacking with Black Bolt, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to choose 3 spaces in a straight line from Black Bolt. All figures on the chosen spaces, and all figures other than Black Bolt within 1 space of the chosen spaces, are affected. Roll 1 unblockable attack die against each affected figure, one at a time.

VOICE OF DESTRUCTION
Once per game, instead of attacking with Black Bolt, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, one at a time, roll X unblockable attack dice against each figure on the battlefield, where X equals the number of previously destroyed Unique Inhuman Heroes in your army, to a maximum of 3. Black Bolt is not affected by his Voice of Destruction.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

ORIGINAL DESIGN:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; March 3rd, 2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old June 16th, 2017, 12:38 PM

This is the latest version we brainstormed for Black Bolt. I know there was still some discussion on how easily/frequently he should be able to use his voice-based powers, but personally I like where this design is at. I like the once-per-round/once-per-game parallel of his two combat powers. Thoughts?

Side note, but I’d like to get his cost in at 380 if possible, as that’d make him, Medusa, and Lockjaw a rounded 900 point army. We’ll see how testing goes though.

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

MINI BACKGROUNDS:
Spoiler Alert!

Old June 16th, 2017, 12:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do any of the other Inhumans use the X OM. If not perhaps tie his last two power to that so it's easier to track and he can't use both in the same round.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It will be interesting to see how he plays both with and without Medusa in his army. The fact that he can be one of the chosen figures means he and Medusa can move around the board together, which is cool. The X reveal mechanic isn't a bad idea if none of the other Inhumans want the X. It could help limit his power level when building an army mixed up with non-Inhumans. Just wondering, is 7 base attack appropriate for him? I don't recall seeing him fist fight enough to really gauge his power level compared to others who can hit hard. 7 life seems high too, perhaps 6 life with 7 defense would be better?
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I prefer the Higher Life and Lower Defense route pretty much always. It allows smaller attack figures a chance. Base Attack of 7 isn't a huge deal for me because he has been shown to have the ability to dish out some hurt at times. I also noticed the wording to allow the two of them to move about on their own.

Also after thinking about it...even if another Inhuman has an X power I think it works to keep it more in check. Honestly he shouldn't be dishing out his whisper every round but I also don't plan on pushing it any further than I have so the X would help tame it a bit. Perhaps we put an X power on Maximus just to play up the disfunction between them.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't think it'll be too hard to track, but I do like the idea of tying both powers to the X to keep them from being used in the same round. Like the direction on his leadership power.
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:39 PM

Ooh, I like the suggestion for the "X" mechanic being added to both of his voice-based powers. So far, Crystal is the only Inhuman that uses the "X", and even that is match-up dependent and a small fraction of her cost, so they'd still play together fine.

I could be wrong, but I think strength-wise he's supposed to be just below the level of characters like Thor and Gladiator, which is why I went with 7 attack. Not a fan of switching to 7 defense and 6 life, for the reasons japes stated. If he's coming in too strong, my first choice for lowering his power-level would be to bring him down to 6 life and 6 defense.

Old June 16th, 2017, 03:46 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Ooh, I like the suggestion for the "X" mechanic being added to both of his voice-based powers. So far, Crystal is the only Inhuman that uses the "X", and even that is match-up dependent and a small fraction of her cost, so they'd still play together fine.

I could be wrong, but I think strength-wise he's supposed to be just below the level of characters like Thor and Gladiator, which is why I went with 7 attack. Not a fan of switching to 7 defense and 6 life, for the reasons japes stated. If he's coming in too strong, my first choice for lowering his power-level would be to bring him down to 6 life and 6 defense.

Old June 16th, 2017, 04:30 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He fights hand to hand with Vulcan in the War of Kings storyline and it's pretty much a draw, and Vulcan is definitely a high-level cosmic character, so I don't think his stats are out of line.

I do question if Voice of Destruction shouldn't be harder to achieve, maybe like roll 1 attack die for each destroyed Inhuman in your army? Maybe even give an extra bonus if Medusa is destroyed. I don't like the idea of him ripping loose with a mega attack early in the game. I also fear that given his leadership power, Black Bolt + Lockjaw could set up early startzone bombing, which does not seem in line with his persona.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 16th, 2017, 05:30 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
He fights hand to hand with Vulcan in the War of Kings storyline and it's pretty much a draw, and Vulcan is definitely a high-level cosmic character, so I don't think his stats are out of line.

I do question if Voice of Destruction shouldn't be harder to achieve, maybe like roll 1 attack die for each destroyed Inhuman in your army? Maybe even give an extra bonus if Medusa is destroyed. I don't like the idea of him ripping loose with a mega attack early in the game. I also fear that given his leadership power, Black Bolt + Lockjaw could set up early startzone bombing, which does not seem in line with his persona.
I had the thought of him only being able to use it if he was the last figure left in your army but it was pointed out to me that EVERYONE is affected including his allies so you'd probably not be using it early anyway.

EDIT: But then again if your opponent has a mass of common figures in their army using it early would be an advantage. I could see him wiping out Hyrda Soldiers and Moloids early game and if he took out enough of them you wouldn't mind one wound on a few of your own figures...

Old June 16th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Voice of Destruction should probably have "one at a time" wording as well, unless that's not the intent. Also, we may want to throw a Symbiote weakness into the voice powers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library