Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old October 5th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My game is starting now-ish. I have full wolves he has his army minus a havech and a full squad of rats.

EDIT: Just finished with mtl1998. My wolves got amazing fury rolls which helped with my victory. I had four or five attack most the game and even got two 19s boosted to 20 thanks to Khosumet. Thanks for the game mtl1998.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; October 5th, 2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old October 6th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft (Signups Until 10/4)

The answer to the age-old question, "Who would win, 20 MacDirks or 14 Zombies?", is about to come. I have the Zombies and Twigleg has the MacDirks
Old October 6th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Me and Dok starting now
Old October 6th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I was able to get the win with the Zombies. I started out cold, but twigleg went cold before he could start limiting Zombie activations. He got me down to 7 Zombies, but ran out of MacDirks close to the fight in the middle of the board. After a grind through the Scots still there, the game came to a standstill with 9 Zombies on the middle hill and 13ish MacDirks on the side hills. Twigleg had done an excellent job preventing all Onslaught locations. I made the only play there was and engaged on OM3 of a lost initiative round, and I got lucky to have it pay off with two dead MacDirks on the top of a hill. Twigleg did not really have the resources on that side of the map to effectively respond, so I was able to chew through about half of his MacDirks before he conceded, as I was back up to 14 Zombies. Good game, really tough matchup but you made it close.
Old October 6th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deathwalkers go down (big surprise). DW8000 took some crazy massive hits and still kept standing, but he wasn't able to dish out enough enough damage to take down TKN. Deathcommander even stood his ground for a while as well, and got TKN down to 1 life left, but, luck can only last so long. Still a fun game though, an interesting format.
Old October 6th, 2015, 11:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just finished up with Smithy. DW8k was rapid firing grubs and Raelin, so TKN had to go chase him down. He avoided the DW roll for a while, but the 5th attack of 6 brought the tin can down. By then I was out of nagrubs, but the Deathcommander had to fight TKN in Raelin's aura, and with a dwindling supply of Zettian Infantry. The ZIs managed to kill Raelin before the Tomb skellies killed the last one, giving Deathcommander a fighting chance. It was a near thing, but a 1-life TKN took out the big bot. Isamu only got one try at TKN before the stomp hit. I won with a 1-life TKN, the Warden, and all my Tomb Skeleton Archers. GG Smithy.

stats:
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 8th, 2015, 04:46 PM

Mew28 Woo who?
Re: Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft -- Round 1 until 10/11/

Finished my game vs Kinseth the army's we ended up using were
Kinseth
9xrats Major Q9, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fen Hydra, Krav Maga Agents
Mew28
Airborne Elite, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Roman Legionnaires x3, Ne-Gok-Sa, Major Q10

It was a back and forth till the end. Some key moments were when Kenseth's Hydra One shot Q10 when all order markers were on him. My two surviving airborne elite geting perfect grenade rolls and and wounding Raeline and killing several rats. At the end it was down to Ne Gok Sa and Marcus vs Major Q9. How ever despite there best efforts to mindshackle or kill Q9. However the robot still killed them both.

Last edited by Mew28; October 8th, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old October 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey,

I really like this format! It's a very nice balancing system. After thinking about how much this format offered, I realized that it could also make asymmetrical maps workable in a competitive setting (and not just slightly asymmetrical maps where you can barely tell the difference between sides). I wanted to point this out in case it had not occurred to anyone else.

The way I see it working would be when the first army is chosen, that player also would choose a start zone for that army. Then the other player would have the choice to counter bid as normal, factoring in the start zones value. So even if one start zone has a major advantage over the other (such as being on higher elevation or starting right by a good glyph), the bidding could even things out!

I think you'd have to make the start zone a fixed thing after the first choice.

So adding this in to the example in the first post...

Quote:
dok brings Rats x3, Raelin, Q9, Krav Maga Agents.
Dysole brings Sudema, Ashigaru Harquebus x4, Nilfheim.
The game will be played on an asymmetrical map.
  • Dysole wins the diceoff and elects to make the opening bid. He chooses dok's army, sitting 4 rats and chooses 'Start Zone A' (the rat/Q9 army is now locked for that start zone this game, but will not be placed until armies are finalized. Whoever ends up with the rat/Q9 army must place it in 'Start Zone A').
  • dok counter-offers to sit 2 rats and Raelin.
  • Dysole counter-offers to sit 4 rats and Raelin.
  • dok accepts the bid.
The matchup will be:

Dysole: Rats x2, Q9, Krav Maga Agents in Start Zone A
dok: Sudema, Ashigaru Harquebus x4, Nilfheim in Start Zone B
Old October 10th, 2015, 02:30 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon

jcustar and I starting right about now. I have Asian Invasion. He has Knights minus Gilbert and 6 knights.

~Dysole, mighty fascinated to see this go down

EDIT: I pulled it off with one Harq, Isamu, one Izumi, and a 4 life Taro. Hawthorne nearly killed the entire army by himself without ever betraying. Isamu two shotted Denrick, and the Ashigaru managed to kill enough to win (with the surviving Izumi also taking down a knight). I don't believe Taro saved anybody (or saved like one dude) or made any counterstrikes happen.

Last edited by Dysole; October 10th, 2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Arrow Grut and I are playing now.
Old October 12th, 2015, 12:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Interesting stuff sparkle. I hadn't considered how conducive this approach is to scenario play or other unbalanced formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
I think you'd have to make the start zone a fixed thing after the first choice.
This is the only inelegant part of it, but there's no better option I can see. It does give the first bidder a lot of power to dictate the nature of the matchup. If they decide to put the 4th Mass army on the castle walls or somesuch, then the bidding will have to be a lot more severe to balance the nature of the matchup. But then again, I suppose this gives some advantage to being the one making the opening bid, which currently doesn't really have any juice.

Thanks for the thought. Don't be a stranger.

EDIT: I had a weird thought: the tournament organizers could designate one of the two startzones the "weaker" startzone, when one is on low ground or such. Then bidding the startzone could be part of a bid. So first bidder can say "I'll take [army x], sitting [figures], on the high ground.", or "I'll take [army x], sitting [figures], on the low ground."

Once the bid includes being on the low ground, then that army is locked on the low ground startzone, but this means the armies aren't locked from the start that way.

Last edited by dok; October 12th, 2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old October 12th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
Round 2 is on Highways or the High Way.

The William099 (1-0) v. Chris Perkins (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Achillean Gladiatrix x3, Capuan Gladiators x4, Spartacus
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marro Stingers x4, Cyprien Esenwein, Iron Golem, Marcu Esenwein, Isamu
William099 chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The Soundwarp SG-1 (1-0) v. Taeblewalker (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Granite Guardians x4, Warden 816, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Isamu, Marcu Esenwein
* Capuan Gladiators x4, Spartacus, Crixus, Guilty McCreech
Taeblewalker chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, Soundwarp SG-1 chooses who places first.

The Crixus33 (1-0) v. MegaSilver (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Anubian Wolves x5, Khosumet the Darklord, Dumutef Guard x3, James Murphy
* Mezzodemon Warmongers x6, Kaemon Awa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Isamu
Crixus33 chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, MegaSilver chooses who places first.

The Dysole (1-0) v. dok (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Kato Katsuro, Izumi Samurai, Isamu, Hatamoto Taro, Ashigaru Yari x2, Ashigaru Harquebus x2 (drop 2)
* Tor-Kul-Na, Marrden Nagrubs x3, Tomb Skeleton Archers x4, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Warden 816
dok chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 (1-0) v. Kinseth (1-0) pool of armies is:
* MacDirk Warriors x7 (drop 8)
* Deathreavers x3, Major Q9, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fen Hydra, Krav Maga Agents
Kinseth chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Smithy Winfred (0-1) v. Tom_Bombadil_ (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 8000, Zettian Infantry x4, Isamu
* Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 9000, Zettian Guards, Zettian Infantry x4
Tom_Bombadil_ chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, Smithy Winfred chooses who places first.

The Mew28 (0-1) v. roballtogether (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Airborne Elite, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Roman Legionnaires x3, Ne-Gok-Sa, Major Q10
* Anubian Wolves x2, Wolves of Badru x2, Werewolf Lord, Khosumet the Darklord, Dumutef Guard x3
roballtogether chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, Mew28 chooses who places first.

The jcustar07 (0-1) v. twigleg2 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Knights of Weston x4, Sir Denrick, Sir Gilbert, Sir Hawthorne
* Zombies of Morindan x6, Zombie Hulk, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (drop 3) [RotV]
jcustar07 chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, twigleg2 chooses who places first.

The vegies dad (0-1) v. Arrow Grut (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Templar Cavalry x3, Nilfheim, Marro Warriors
* Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Corps, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Kozuke Samurai, Deathreavers x2, Achillean Gladiatrix (drop 1)
Arrow Grut chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, vegies dad chooses who places first.

The kevindola (0-1) v. mtl1998 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Kurrok the Elementalist, Earth Elemental x2, Water Elemental x5, Air Elemental x6, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Su-Bak-Na, Havech Eradicators x4, Deathreavers x2 (drop 1)
kevindola chooses to bid first or defer. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who places first.

Last edited by Dysole; October 16th, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events