Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old March 24th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Adventuring Parties – Rogues, Rangers and Bards

Adventuring parties often benefit from members that are highly skilled at trickery, scouting, and encouraging. There are three classes that perform this function. Bards help others achieve at a higher level. Rangers are the masters of mobility, easily conquering terrain for themselves and/or others, they may also have advantages against specific types of foes. Rogues employ devious trickery to undermine a foe and can be quite good at disarming traps as well. Quite a few of the local heroes are multiclassed, with features of a couple of these archetypes.

Rangers

Agent Carr: The original engagement ignorer, Carr is at his best taking on a single foe. 100

Kumiko: Death in motion, she leaves a path of destruction in her wake. 80

Moriko: Flexibility is her motto. 110

Shiori: Her incomplete training means she needs wise guidance to succeed. 60

Otonashi: The pint-sized monster slayer. 10

Brave Arrow: Reads the ground to find his foes. 50

Agent Skahen: A modern Ranger, helping others to find the path forward. 120

Emirroon: He uses his skills to silently move entire armies of Elves. 80

Saylind: She specializes in finding ways for her strong, but slow allies to come into contact with the enemy. 80

Theracus: A swift guide for troubled times. 40

Rogue

Darrak Ambershard: Trap disarming and backstabbing. A rogue’s rogue. 60

Dund: Befuddles his foes, causing them to lose track of what they were doing. 110

Morsbane: Befuddles his foes, causing them to forget who they are. 100

Ranger/Rogue

Brandis Skyhunter: A hunter of Kyrie who can traverse great distances as he lays enemy heroes low. 90

Atlaga: Assisting the Kyrie on their courses, Atlaga also bears a powerful magic item with which he can instantly slay a foe. 90

Bard

Finn: An inspirational leader in melee, his spirit lives on after his death. 80

Laglor: The feel of his cybernetic eye on their backs motivates Vydar’s followers to pick out even more distant targets to destroy. 110

Venoc Warlord: His mere presence throws his troops into greater frenzy as he masterfully demands swiftness from his scouts. 120

Ranger/Bard (this is akin to General or Battle Commander)

Sir Gilbert: Jandar’s Flagbearer helps his men get there the firstest with the mostest and gives them the courage to attack with even greater effect. 105

Marcus: An old soldier who knows how to get the best speed and combat efficiency from his troops. 100

Mogrimm Forgehammer: Deftly assisting his troops in getting the jump on their foes, his presence inspires amazing feats from nearby dwarves. 120

Ulginesh: Coordinating the Elf Wizards is a bit like herding cats, but Ulginesh does so without complaint. 150

Spartacus: His gladiators are better in every aspect when he is present. 200

Kato Katsuro: A genius with the Ashigaru and respected by the Samurai. 200

Master Win Chiu Woo: Aquilla loaned this Sensei to Ullar to improve his monks in many ways. 140

~Aldin, who thinks Fighters and Barbarians might be next - or possibly the central post explaining a bit more about the concept

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:01 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Adventuring Parties – Rogues, Rangers and Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Bard

Finn: An inspirational leader in melee, his spirit lives on after his death. 80

Thorgrim: Ditto. 80

Raelin (either): Sings her Aura of Protection. 80 or 120

Laglor: The feel of his cybernetic eye on their backs motivates Vydar’s followers to pick out even more distant targets to destroy. 110

Venoc Warlord: His mere presence throws his troops into greater frenzy as he masterfully demands swiftness from his scouts. 120
See scored entries.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 24th, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Raelin's a Cleric and Thorgrim's a Paladin, kolakoski

~Aldin, linkingly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Raelin's a Cleric and Thorgrim's a Paladin, kolakoski

~Aldin, linkingly
Why is Finn a Bard and Thorgrim a Paladin? When did Raelin get religious? Your lists are interesting as a point of departure, but as for being definitive . . . . . .
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Definitive? Surely you jest! I'm trying to do a rough sort of most of the non-Utgar classic figures to get a feel for where they fit into a D&D format.

If it heals or offers a defensive boost it's a Paladin/Cleric (I almost added Druid for Acolarh). If it offers attack bonuses it's a Bard. Movement bonuses are Rangers. Rogues have attack boosts or unusual D20 powers. I'll probably split Fighters and Barbarians based on defense and movement and maybe range. Magic Users I'm a bit baffled on how to approach at the moment - among other things, there are classic figures who perform like D&D mages in effect but are clearly not mages in theme. Shotgun Sullivan is an excellent example. He's a fragile figure with a ranged special. I just can't decide if I'm going to "cheat" and make those types of figures magical boomstick wielders. Mebbe I really do need to get the WIP umbrella thread up soon.

~Aldin, decending into the Underdark

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I like the call lists you've been assembling, but there are a couple places our opinions differ.

Quote:
Emirroon: He uses his skills to silently move entire armies of Elves. 80

Saylind: She specializes in finding ways for her strong, but slow allies to come into contact with the enemy. 80

Dund: Befuddles his foes, causing them to lose track of what they were doing. 110

Morsbane: Befuddles his foes, causing them to forget who they are. 100
All of these units seem to fit as Wizards better to me. That is the class that I connect with battlefield control, repositioning of allies and magical neutering on enemies.

Quote:
Sir Gilbert: Jandar’s Flagbearer helps his men get there the firstest with the mostest and gives them the courage to attack with even greater effect. 105

Marcus: An old soldier who knows how to get the best speed and combat efficiency from his troops. 100

Ulginesh: Coordinating the Elf Wizards is a bit like herding cats, but Ulginesh does so without complaint. 150

Spartacus: His gladiators are better in every aspect when he is present. 200

Kato Katsuro: A genius with the Ashigaru and respected by the Samurai. 200
Most of these units fit better as Paladins/Warlords (at least the 4e versions-I have a hard time classifying them into 3.X [which is odd since that's the edition that I am most familiar with], and I don't know anything about 1e or 2e).

I have more in-depth opinions of HS to DnD breakdowns in my HS Heroes and DnD Party Roles thread if you have any interest in checking them out.[/shameless self-promotion]

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Winin Woo who?

Don't forget about Taelord and his Attack Aura: All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Taelord the Kyrie Warrior get +1 to attack. Taelord’s Attack Aura does not effect Taelord.

When I was trying to create a custom bard for the good guys, I used Taelord as my inspiration.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:50 AM

Good thought, Winin. I was avoiding using Utgar figures since they're the "bad guys" of the piece. Actually, the whole thing died when I saw what Killometer had done and realized his 4e approach was going to work better than my 3.5e one.

~Aldin, dead threadingly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Winin Woo who?

Ah, sorry, I just realized the dates on the thread. I came across it when looking at what others had done with the notion of a bard. I haven't played DnD since it was AD&D, so I'm a bit outdated.

I come from a MMORPG background lately. They divide a party similarly, but not quite the same. The trinity is Tank, Healing, DPS, and then all the utility/buff/debuff classes are added in if they fit. Your list looked good to me, since it focused on the utility characters (which I usually gravitate towards).

And besides, bad guys need inspirational music too: Motley Crue, Korn, Lady Gaga...
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:28 AM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Considering how easily they can be picked off, I find drafting squads a challenging suggestion when faced with a dungeon crawl. So far I've only played the River of Blood, against myself at that, and while Second Wind is nice it's a 50-50 shot of reviving a dead squad member. What are some good squads to consider for a dungeon crawl? I imagine bonding is as valuable as ever, but where multiple life points and the ability to pick up treasure glyphs take center stage it must take a particular strategy to choose the right squad in lieu of another hero.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios