Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
XBOX Live problems

I am having issues connecting to XBOX Live right now, and I can't find a way to get this info....how do I find out what numbers to put in for these items?

I need:

Ip Address

Subnet Mask

Gateway

Primary DNS

Alternate DNS

and various PPPoE settings...

I don't even know what most of these terms mean, let alone where to find the numbers associated with them.

Please help!
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Have Comcast? Comcast DNS servers were down recently... and would keep you from getting on... assuming the Xbox uses DHCP etc... DHCP will auto-fill-in most of that stuff...
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:12 PM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Have you ever connected to XBOX Live before? Are you behind a router?

Glory to the Many.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehandofzarquon
Have you ever connected to XBOX Live before? Are you behind a router?
I have connected a couple times before, and as far as I know nothing has changed, setup-wise, since then. I'm not real internet-savvy, but here's how I can best describe my connection setup.

The FIOS comes into my garage, then runs into a device which puts it into the power lines....not the phone or cable, the actual electrical power lines. Then there is a device which plugs into the outlet and the ethernet cable runs from that device to the computer or Xbox. Right now the outlet device is running into a wireless transmitter and both PCs in the house have wireless receivers.

When I attempted to hook up the XBOX, I ran an ethernet cable directly from the outlet device to the XBOX, no wireless. That worked before but now it doesn't.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Unplug everything (don't just shut it down, also unplug it), and let it set for 30 secs. (this includes your PC's)

After this is done, plug in your internet connection device, and wait until it turns on completely.

Plug in your router, and wait until it turns on completely.

Turn on your 360, and wait until it turns on completely.

Go to your system menu and test connections, and wait until it finishes completely.

If you are still having problems give it a few hours. The problem may correct itself, or at least, that's what works for me,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Unplug everything (don't just shut it down, also unplug it), and let it set for 30 secs. (this includes your PC's)

After this is done, plug in your internet connection device, and wait until it turns on completely.

Go to your system menu and test connections, and wait until it finishes completely.

If you are still having problems give it a few hours. The problem may correct itself, or at least, that's what works for me,
Thanks. I'll try this later today when I'm home. It's a plain Xbox, not a 360...does that change anything?
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:

Thanks. It's a plain Xbox, not a 360...does that change anything?
Not really. It's good to turn off electronic equipment every so often. Sometimes they just wig out if they've been on to long. It's mainly just a matter of getting rid of all of the static information and cleaning the electronic slate,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not really. It's good to turn off electronic equipment every so often. Sometimes they just wig out if they've been on to long. It's mainly just a matter of getting rid of all of the static information and cleaning the electronic slate,
I usually do. My PC is never on when I'm not using it, ditto for XBOX and all that. The router stays on though...it's out in the garage and up high so it's hard to get to without getting out a step ladder. I'll take your advice and see what happens.
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Erasmas Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I usually do. My PC is never on when I'm not using it, ditto for XBOX and all that. The router stays on though...it's out in the garage and up high so it's hard to get to without getting out a step ladder. I'll take your advice and see what happens.
Well, just because an electronic device (most nowadays) is "off" doesn't mean that it's really off. When you unplug it, it more or less "resets" the storage caches.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
has been BANNED

Oh, when I mean off I mean totally off and unplugged. I unplug a lot of things...basically everything except lamps or stuff that is hard to reach the plug, when I am not using them to avoid that little boost to the electric bill. You ever read statistics about how much we pay per year for electronics that are on standby mode? It is pretty shocking.

Oh, and my Xbox still wont connect properly to live and is still asking me for information that I simply do not know. Now that the holiday weekend is wearing down maybe I will be able to get a hold of some tech support folks on the phone.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
has been BANNED

double post
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
has been BANNED

Well the problem still exists....I've ignored it lately as I've been travelling a lot and have been plannign to buy a 360 soon. I found out today though that there are a couple free maps to download for one of my XBOX games, so I want to do that before I buy and connect the 360.

Any more insights? Short of having geeks on call come out here, I'm running out of things to try. Microsoft isn't much help. Darn me and my abnormal means of connecting to the net....I wish I could just plug straight into it like other folks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games