Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
Has anyone read Elantris? I thought it was great, and I was wondering if Mistborn was a sequel.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090
Right now, I'm reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card. I've read all of the Ender's Shadow series except Shadow of the Giant, and now I'm working on Ender's Game.
Why would you read Ender's Shadow and Xenocide before Ender's Game? All three in the Ender's Game Trilogy are excellent, but are very different from one another. I think I liked Xenocide least, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie
Quote:
Right now, I'm reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card. I've read all of the Ender's Shadow series except Shadow of the Giant, and now I'm working on Ender's Game.
Why would you read Ender's Shadow and Xenocide before Ender's Game? All three in the Ender's Game Trilogy are excellent, but are very different from one another. I think I liked Xenocide least, but that's just my opinion.
No, I mean I have read the rest of the Ender's Shadow SERIES, in order, and now I'm working on the Ender's Game SERIES, in order. So far, Xenocide isn't very good.

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Just finished reading 'The Broken God' and now onto the second book in the Trilogy: 'The Wild'. Apparently the Author, David Zindell, lives in California (i think).
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Just finished A Clockwork Orange and I thought it was a very deep riveting novel. One of my favorites by far. I just started The Road by Cormack McArthy. It is amazing!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
No, I mean I have read the rest of the Ender's Shadow SERIES, in order, and now I'm working on the Ender's Game SERIES, in order. So far, Xenocide isn't very good.

Oooooooooh. right. My mistake. Xenocide kinda picks up a bit in the middle, but it gets "fuzzy" and weird at the end.

I just finished Guns Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond. It's a fascinating read as to why the world developed like it did.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
World War Z.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
World War Z.
I heard they are making a movie out of this with a killer budget. It's supposed to be the most extensive zombie movie ever made.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dean Koontz - Shadow Fires
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
I am reading the Legend of the Five Rings series: the four winds. It follows the clan war series which was very good. This is while I am waiting for the next Drizzt book to come out and of course while I am waiting for the next Dresden book to come out. Keep the pages turning, at least while you're not playing Heroscape.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
I'm reading Of Mice and Men for school, and gotta have it finished by Tuesday for a test, still haven't opened it yet. Anyone have any feedback about it?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:04 AM

conall has disabled reputation
The Judas Strain by James Patterson.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books