Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 30th, 2014, 07:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks

So, the Heroscape community here has been one of, if not the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Despite different backgrounds, opinions, and the like, the people here are always welcoming and fun. And for that I really need to thank you guys. Over the past fiveish months I have been dealing with some issues (some depression stuff and other psychological things which I'd really rather not get into but have apparently been affecting a lot of my life for a long time). Throughout this time frame I didn't really talk about what I was going through (I think hummingbug is the only person on these boards I confided in and that's mostly because I knew her in real life) but this community allowed me a safe and welcoming environment away from what was going on in my head and was a great source of encouragement and enjoyment for me while I was going through some rough stuff whether the people involved knew it or not. I am currently getting help for this and am headed toward a place of recovery and the people on Scapers are a nice chunk of why I've made it to where I am today (along with a very supportive family and close real life friends).

So thanks to the OHS organizers and players, the CoN community, the C3G and VC people, the Codex Staff, and everyone else I've had the opportunity to interact with or read what they wrote. You guys have been extremely helpful to me. You never know how much you might be affecting someone on the other end of a computer screen. Continue being a great and wonderful community.

~Dysole, gratefully
Old November 30th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Thanks

I'm glad to have you around as a friend, Dysole. I hope things will work at well for you. I hope you're still be able to stick around. If not, I hope to see you around again soon!
Old November 30th, 2014, 07:37 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'm glad to have you around as a friend, Dysole. I hope things will work at well for you. I hope you're still be able to stick around. If not, I hope to see you around again soon!
I'm not going anywhere. Sorry if I gave that impression. I intend to be as active in this community as ever.

~Dysole, clarifying
Old November 30th, 2014, 07:46 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I'm glad the community here was able to help you along during this time. I think we make connections to people online that are stronger than we realize. I hope you continue to do well and encourage your continued participation.
Old November 30th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Even though I may be only your puppet when I play CoN with you (whether or not you are a puppet) but I will always be your friend and will support you whenever you need it.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Last edited by marrowick; December 1st, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old December 1st, 2014, 12:20 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'm glad this community has been a help to you, even when we didn't know it.
Old December 1st, 2014, 11:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
What he said.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 1st, 2014, 01:20 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 1st, 2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks for sharing Dysole. That is something we may not hear until a person leaves the community. I am glad you are staying with us. Best wishes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 1st, 2014, 03:40 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So, the Heroscape community here has been one of, if not the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Despite different backgrounds, opinions, and the like, the people here are always welcoming and fun. And for that I really need to thank you guys. Over the past fiveish months I have been dealing with some issues (some depression stuff and other psychological things which I'd really rather not get into but have apparently been affecting a lot of my life for a long time). Throughout this time frame I didn't really talk about what I was going through (I think hummingbug is the only person on these boards I confided in and that's mostly because I knew her in real life) but this community allowed me a safe and welcoming environment away from what was going on in my head and was a great source of encouragement and enjoyment for me while I was going through some rough stuff whether the people involved knew it or not. I am currently getting help for this and am headed toward a place of recovery and the people on Scapers are a nice chunk of why I've made it to where I am today (along with a very supportive family and close real life friends).

So thanks to the OHS organizers and players, the CoN community, the C3G and VC people, the Codex Staff, and everyone else I've had the opportunity to interact with or read what they wrote. You guys have been extremely helpful to me. You never know how much you might be affecting someone on the other end of a computer screen. Continue being a great and wonderful community.

~Dysole, gratefully
Something I've learned from my experiences with myself (and something I've talked to with some of the members here), is that letting things out is some of the best therapy you can get. So even if we don't know what exactly you are going through, just knowing that you have a problem will make us more accepting of you. There will always be people who look at you strange for being abnormal (why, I don't know as no-one is exactly similar to anyone), but there will also be people who will accept you for who you are. You just gotta find who they are.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:56 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Just want to say that it's an honor to have you as part of our community, Dysole! And I totally get you on what you'really saying; so many amazing folks here have helped me out so much.

~JS
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:53 AM

Update

So I'm making progress but the road isn't exactly easy. At this point I'm really in a spot where I could use whatever prayer (or whatever that might mean for your particular set of beliefs) you can send my way. I'm not really in a spot where I think I'm comfortable talking about it publicly or privately but I'm quite confident I need all the support I can get. Thanks.

~Dysole, updatingly

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General