Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old November 25th, 2014, 08:21 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

Could you design a weaker Han in snow gear to use after the tauntaun gets killed? There's a mini available but it would be more work for you guys.
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'd rather see something more like the draft in the SP than any figure-switching shananagins.
Old November 25th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Could you design a weaker Han in snow gear to use after the tauntaun gets killed? There's a mini available but it would be more work for you guys.
I'd like to see it, and it was discussed a bit, but I don't think it's on the radar at this point. The concern was differentiating it enough from EpIV Han.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'd rather see something more like the draft in the SP than any figure-switching shenanigans.
Fixed. Hey, if you're going to disparage an idea, at least have the courtesy to spell check.

I disagree. I think the current write up adds some interesting gameplay options. However, I'll defer to the direction @weebaer would like to go.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:05 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like shenanigans, I mean I like switching figures.
Old November 26th, 2014, 03:08 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I'd like to see it, and it was discussed a bit, but I don't think it's on the radar at this point. The concern was differentiating it enough from EpIV Han.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'd rather see something more like the draft in the SP than any figure-switching shenanigans.
Fixed. Hey, if you're going to disparage an idea, at least have the courtesy to spell check.

I disagree. I think the current write up adds some interesting gameplay options. However, I'll defer to the direction @weebaer would like to go.
I am not a fan of the switching figures either. C3G does have switching of figures, and I enjoy C3G a lot, but C3G and Classic are very different. HoSS is very compatible to classic and as a result (and in my opinion) should stay true to the classic feel of the game.

That being said, I am totally OK with whatever the HoSS top dogs want. I mostly would like to sit back and enjoy what you have all put together (and win tournaments along the way).
Old November 26th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If you don't mind me sticking my head in - why not use a Marker?

TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, add 2 to Han Solo's Move number and Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.

AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may you may choose a wounded small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Han Solo and remove the Tauntaun Marker from this card. Place Han Solo and the chosen figure on his card on any empty spaces in your Start Zone.

I think that skews a lot closer to the Classic feel while still capturing the mechanic... and allows players to swap out "Tauntaun Han" and "Hoth Han" if they're so inclined without making it a necessity. Not 100% sure what you'd want to do with the actual "rescue" power but there's a lot of leeway.
Old November 26th, 2014, 09:41 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
I mostly would like to sit back and enjoy what you have all put together (and win tournaments along the way).
This made me smile

johnny's idea would work...
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, add 2 to Han Solo's Move number and Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.

After moving and instead of attacking, you may you may choose a wounded small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Han Solo and remove the Tauntaun Marker from this card. Place Han Solo and the chosen figure on his card on any empty spaces in your Start Zone.

I think that skews a lot closer to the Classic feel while still capturing the mechanic... and allows players to swap out "Tauntaun Han" and "Hoth Han" if they're so inclined without making it a necessity. Not 100% sure what you'd want to do with the actual "rescue" power but there's a lot of leeway.
Your thoughts and any other thoughts from anyone following along are most welcome here. This is a public design after all. I like your suggestion too so I'm glad you brought it up. Would just need to add something in about the figure size changing form large to medium along with the marker.
Old November 26th, 2014, 03:44 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

TAUNTAUN MOUNT

Your thoughts and any other thoughts from anyone following along are most welcome here. This is a public design after all. I like your suggestion too so I'm glad you brought it up. Would just need to add something in about the figure size changing form large to medium along with the marker.
The thing is that technically hit zones would change, too. So a change of figure is practically a must.
Old November 26th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

While I prefer the figure switch, the marker would work without having to have 2 separate figures. Consider it like flying. Han hops on his trusty steed to move and hops off to fight, much like a Kyrie takes to the air to move then lands to fight. If we go the marker route, I think snow and ice enhanced movement should be a separate power. Hoth Han is wearing his snow gear and should be able to maneuver through the arctic conditions much like the Snowtroopers and Rebel Snow Troopers. Perhaps the marker should be able to be removed in lieu of wounds on Han. It would represent his "horse" getting shot out from under him.

TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, add 2 to Han Solo's Move number. Whenever Han Solo would receive one or more wounds from an attack, you may ignore the wounds and remove the Tauntaun Marker instead.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 26th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that, Mac. Combine that with the rescue power and it forces you to choose what to use the Tauntaun marker for.
TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, add 2 to Han Solo's Move number. Whenever Han Solo would receive one or more wounds from an attack, you may ignore the wounds and remove the Tauntaun Marker instead.

Old November 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like it too. As far as the hitzone issue, we can always make the Han part of the figure the only hitzone from the get go. A couple of changes ->

QUOTE=Arch-vile;1985691]I like that, Mac. Combine that with the rescue power and it forces you to choose what to use the Tauntaun marker for.
TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, add 2 to Han Solo's Move number and his figures size is large. Whenever Han Solo would receive one or more wounds from an attack, you may ignore the wounds and remove the Tauntaun Marker instead.

[/QUOTE]

Combine him with 2-1B and you can 'rescue' a wounded Rebel hero with Han, then heal him/her up in the start zone before sending him/her out to battle once again. The FX-7 droid would also work for non-Rebel armies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape