Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old November 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws & Map Submittals

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
I didn't see this anywhere so sorry if I missed it but do we have a current list of the judges. Right now I think the list includes peteparkerh, Shades Fan, Ugly-Caco, and myself. This is only four and I think that before we approve either the by laws, or a map that we need all of the judges set in place so we know what the majority is and so that all judges can have a say. This means that Ugly needs to vote for SS so we can either accept him and get going or find somebody else.
Ok, I'm going to make one last pitch for Silver Surfer. He started this whole idea in the beginning and has been the only one that has successfully stayed with this thread consistently. He also built the board that I submitted, showing that he is really committed to this thing. Just my 2 cents.

I think we need Caco to weigh in on the rules and SS and we are going.

Others who are paying attention, please submit a map if you have one. We will get to it eventually and it would be good to have some maps to go through when we get this started.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

If I can vouch for myself to become a judge, if Shades Fan or Caco is worried about my not having enough terrain, although I don't have any Large Expansions besides FotA, as long as a map doesn't use a FotA and something else that includes LOS blockers, I should be able to build it using the Castle walls as Tree subsitutes, or put several together to act as Glaciers, ect. And as Peteparkerh said when he first nominated me, if I need lava or Swamp terrain, I can always just substitute sand or something else as the needed.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:18 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Okay sorry but how do you convert your virtual scape file to a pdf?

Last edited by pti8; November 30th, 2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:28 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pti88888888 View Post
Okay sorry but how do you convert your virtual scape file to a pdf?
Ok, first download CutePDF Writer (at least that's what I use), and anything else needed to run it (it'll tell you what). Then, once you have a map completed, go to print on VS, then select CutePDF writer. After that, click print, and then it will ask you where you want to save the file. Simply select where you want to save it, and what you want it's file name to be, and presto! instant PDF file.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old November 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Ok sorry but on my laptop I have to be logged in as an admin to download things and my username doesn't have admin rights. Is there anyway I could e-mail it to you TSS and could you change it for me. I understand if you don't want to you and would rather not take the time but I can't download it here on my computer.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Ok sorry but on my laptop I have to be logged in as an admin to download things and my username doesn't have admin rights. Is there anyway I could e-mail it to you TSS and could you change it for me. I understand if you don't want to you and would rather not take the time but I can't download it here on my computer.

Yeah, that's fine. I'll PM you my email address, although I can't uplaod stuff to the downloads section since I'm not a site supporter, so you'll have to figure out some way to get it onto heroscapers yourself.

Old November 30th, 2008, 11:20 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

You can e-mail it to me pti and I'll put it up for you.
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:25 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
You can make your file as JPEG. The process is not as easy as using CutePDF to create a PDF file, but it is doable, assuming that you have Microsoft Office Image Writer (which can be installed easily if you have Microsoft Office).

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I personally feel that this project isn't really going anywhere it should and may have been doomed from the start, so I am going to step down at my position. Maybe it's the fact that we did a lot in public, or that their isn't a calling for a Marvel official map.

sorry to my fellow judges, but I've been thinking about this for a long time, and said to Stumpy that if the project wouldn't go anywhere, I would not be a part of it. I just don't see enough interest in the whole project from the public to really warrant the time needed to keep it going.

So I will vote Yes on Silver surfer taking my place in this thing.

~Shades

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I personally feel that this project isn't really going anywhere it should and may have been doomed from the start, so I am going to step down at my position. Maybe it's the fact that we did a lot in public, or that their isn't a calling for a Marvel official map.

sorry to my fellow judges, but I've been thinking about this for a long time, and said to Stumpy that if the project wouldn't go anywhere, I would not be a part of it. I just don't see enough interest in the whole project from the public to really warrant the time needed to keep it going.

So I will vote Yes on Silver surfer taking my place in this thing.

~Shades

Sorry to see you go, Shades fan. I personally would have liked for you to stay on, but if we get this project off the ground, I would glady allow you back as a judge.

Now, because Shades fan has voted for me, that does make me an official judge, now, correct?

If that is the case, I vote Yes to the By-laws, and to review Scapecity Tower Bridge by peteparkerh.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 06:10 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm waiting eagerly to see what comes of this. Scapecity Bridge is awesome! Can't wait to see what else comes of this.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I totaly agree with jodocast. And sorry to see you go Shades Fan.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios