Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old August 8th, 2019, 07:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I know in the video game the mutant suiciders were a pain in the butt if they caught you off guard without your power armor. Im kinda wondering if I should stash some money back and throw down on black friday sales for more of the legion stuff but its not a for sure thing that they will be on sale. As much as I like fallout Im going to hold off on that until I possibly get more tabletop time on other games. Just seen some unboxings of some shoretroopers and the others that came out at gencon, and they looked pretty ood. I think for a rule of thumb Ill probably just pick up one booster of each type so I get to experience them all. I dont play competitively so I dont need 6 of one kind. I only bought the extra core boxes because they were such a steal. Did you see the upgrade boxes for the stormtroopers and rebel troopers though? Extra heavy types to draft into the corp units. Ill be getting one of each of those for sure.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 8th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I saw the upgrade boxes and preordered 1 for rebels and 1 for empire. I figure they are cheap enough with the price I pay through my buddy, and only 4 more troops to paint per side. But they will offer more variety to existing units in a small package. Also, they come with a regular unit card, so it seems like if you add these guys to other units and don't add the extra standard trooper upgrade, you gain an extra squad. Or maybe just play these 4 as regular squad guys.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2019, 12:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, I saw the upgrade boxes and preordered 1 for rebels and 1 for empire. I figure they are cheap enough with the price I pay through my buddy, and only 4 more troops to paint per side. But they will offer more variety to existing units in a small package. Also, they come with a regular unit card, so it seems like if you add these guys to other units and don't add the extra standard trooper upgrade, you gain an extra squad. Or maybe just play these 4 as regular squad guys.
Yeah. Especially if you add a different personell card such as an officer that replaces your unit leader you could for sure mix and match giving you an extra full corp unit out of the deal. I think those two are a pretty good value if you already have a couple of core sets.

Old August 10th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here you go @TREX

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...or-the-bunker/

Seems like a nice terrain piece, but pricey for sure. I could probably get it for about $45 from my buddy, but I don't think I will. Though I do think the narrative missions are really cool.

Last edited by Hahma; August 10th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old August 10th, 2019, 01:01 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Here you go @TREX

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...or-the-bunker/

Seems like a nice terrain piece, but pricey for sure. I could probably get it for about $45 from my buddy, but I don't think I will. Though I do think the narrative missions are really cool.
Yeah. I was looking at this reviewed on youtube. Very cool looking like all their other stuff but not as interactive as the units. As with the downed ATST I find it to be a little costly, but even more irrelevant considering I dont have 1 of each of all the soldier boosters yet. I also have so much terrain that Ive built and 3d printed that I dont likely need it. Now that clone wars is out Id rather buy that. That bunker is almost the same price as a clone wars core set. Ill be buying the rest of the rebel and Imp boosters one at a time until I get one of each unless I see a really good deal. After getting the honey do list done today for my wife Ill be jumping in to painting another game. I still have 3 crews of rum and bones pirates to paint along with a stack of mercenary boxes to finish that game. Ive already painted 6 crews and another stack of merc boxes. I also have about 2/3rds of all my Imperial assault stuff painted. It would be nice to finish another full game instead of start a new one.

Old August 11th, 2019, 06:30 PM
"like" happy

I actually got to play a game of legion yesterday. It was fantastic. Probably my favorite game yet. I think what sealed the deal was the setup cards. Clear conditions, intercept the transmissions was super fun because of the flexibility of only having to be in contact with the objectives at the ends of round 2,4, and 6. Then lastly we used disarray. This was also very cool because you could set up to fight in multiple directions and also go for the transmission objectives. I got to see a bunch of new units in action. I was really impressed with the wookiees durability. Han solo kept rolling the luckiest white die saves, got to see the snipers in action as I have one box for rebs and one for imps. It was funny because both of us were rolling absolute garbage with them most of the game. I lost the game to my bro in law Steve by 2 victory points at round 6. I almost made a come back but he was able to hide han solo behind a building safe from sniper fire. Insanely fun though.

Old August 11th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Cool. Glad you got a game in. Yeah, Wookies are tough and Han can be a beast. I haven't tried the snipers yet, as I have 2 sets for each side but not painted yet.

I had scheduled to play DnD on the 17th and Rangers of Shadow Deep on the 31st, but one guy in our DnD group took a new position at the utilities company he works for and he is now 4 days on and 4 days off, with his 4 days on alternating between nights and days. So he happens to now work on the 17th, but can play on the 31st. Now we have to see of another guy in the group is available that day. My buddy Brian is the DM and his wife is also playing, but she's a nurse and we have to go by her work schedule. So now it seems to be an extra challenge to coordinate.

But since the 17th doesn't work for DnD, I hope Brian can play Rangers instead, since that day has already been scheduled for gaming.

I'll have to get back to painting Legion stuff at some point. Though, with the Landspeeder and Occupier tank painted now since last we played, I have plenty to play with even if I don't paint anymore for a little bit.

Old August 13th, 2019, 08:51 PM
"like" happy

Having the extra unit types really opens up a lot of fun options. Got my leia, jyn, and veers in yesterday. I gave their cards a closer look now that I have them in hand and am pretty stoked about them. The other day I pulled put my walking dead stuff. Turns out I have the core, 4 large expansions, and 5 small boosters. So I rolled a 20 sided die and randomly got the expansion with hershel green. I painted it up and washed them with a home made wash. At that point I decided to pick up some more army painters strong tone quickshade to use on my zombie hordes. Its not so much bad to use the home made washes but I dont want to do the extra work trying to get consistent batches. The quickshade is a bit pricey but itll be worth the time saving.

Old August 13th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

I have used quickshades for a few years and really like them. They have lasted a decent amount of time and I have just had to order 2nd bottles of dark and strong tone.

I occasionally use homade washes for bigger pieces. I just use some floor wax and a couple drops of paint, depending on which color I want and how much. It does make the piece shiny, but I end up spraying it with Dullcote anyway to get a nice matte finish.

For sure adding different units and combinations of units will be fun. Learning how to use them with each other. Nice to hear you working on some Walking Dead. I have a few left to paint, bit it may be awhile before I get to them. But, they are easy enough minis to knock out pretty quick.

Old August 16th, 2019, 01:12 AM
"like" happy

Well I got my rebel pathfinders in today just in time to call them a birthday present. I only had time to assemble them. Ive only had time to paint up 1 walking dead expansion. I left the walker minis without sealing and washing them as I plan to just hit the whole batch with the army painters quickshade when the time comes. Most likely ill be bumping them to paint up my 3 commanders and the pathfinders next. I think if I do it that way Ill stay caught up a bit for star wars. The other games are just back logs for now. Id like to finish up a fair amount before winter comes though. The cold and moisture is just horrible for sealing all things hobbywise. Ive almost rewatched the walking dead series up to the end of season 8 again. Its really making me want to play walking dead again. Especially with all the terrain I made that can be used for it.

Old August 16th, 2019, 06:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like you are keeping up well with Star Wars and having progress with Walking Dead. Get them painted before winter and then you can just enjoy the fruits of your labor and play for a few months. Walking Dead can be played solo if you can't find players at times, so you should for sure get some games in.

Old August 25th, 2019, 04:01 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Sounds like you are keeping up well with Star Wars and having progress with Walking Dead. Get them painted before winter and then you can just enjoy the fruits of your labor and play for a few months. Walking Dead can be played solo if you can't find players at times, so you should for sure get some games in.
I finally bit for some non craft paint. I still will be using all craft paint except just bought a little pot of Blood for the blood god. I havent really painted anything bloody really yet it seems. I did up a couple of the walking dead zombies with my regular red and it just didnt look that great. The regular red splatter looked ok on some of the vehicles and terrain but just didnt look great on the 3 zombies I had finished. So. Im excited to add that to my toolbox. I figured it would be a welcome addition with the hundreds of zombies I have to paint. Last week was my birthday and my bro in law steve dropped me a gift yesterday. Hes the one that likes playing walking dead with me. He got me a. 12in Negan statue for my mancave. I ended up stopping on the walking dead for a minute and switched it up by starting to paint a box of my massive darkness lizard men. I hit the first with quickshade strong tone then used a q tip dipped in mineral spirits to wipe the edges to pop out the highlights. Id never tried the wipe method that way before but it worked perfectly. Id also thinned the quickshade. It got great results quick. Im halfway done with that box. It was a nice change of pace instead of painting human models. I also 3d printed a couple of Rancors for legion and painted/based them. Theres some guys on the facebook page working up some rules for them as wandering hostile monsters of sorts. Lastly, even though I have plenty of terrain I found these 3d print files on thingiverse called dungeon sticks. This set is ruined walls that interlock. I thought they would be the perfect answer to smaller wall ruins to put inbetween all my bigger more established pieces for frostgrave.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures