Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 10th, 2019, 10:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

5 attacks that powerful in one turn is too much. Both of the special attacks are overpowered.

Please do not post a custom in here unless you have tested it several times against real armies (for example, armies that include multiple common squads).
Old July 10th, 2019, 10:50 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In your playtesting thread, I notice that you've tested this version of the design twice. In both games, he vastly outperformed his price point and caused his team to win in a landslide, yet the design I see here appears to be unchanged from the version you tested. I could bring up numerous issues with this design, such as 3 range being an odd and unthematic choice, his offensive potential being ludicrously high, or that his two different special attacks are too caught up in the concept of the ammo types used that they don't do any work towards providing interesting tactical choices. But I feel that harping on any of those points would be a waste of my time, as you have not demonstrated the ability to analyze results and apply critique.

You seem to only understand testing as a step you need to take on the road to SoV submission without actually understanding what testing is for from a basic design perspective. Testing is about gathering data, yes, but you have to interpret and apply that data for it to have any value. If you test a clearly broken unit and it performs clearly broken, and you nonetheless post it here anyway unchanged, it reflects very poorly on your ability as a designer.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 08:40 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Hey there, still new to this group. I have been working on customs of my own and testing them. Now I'm mostly doing customs of things from video games and such, I'm guessing SoV is intended to be unique stuff and not customs of existing properties? Just curious mostly.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:25 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Hey there, still new to this group. I have been working on customs of my own and testing them. Now I'm mostly doing customs of things from video games and such, I'm guessing SoV is intended to be unique stuff and not customs of existing properties? Just curious mostly.
Hey, welcome to the site! I've seen you give some pretty good customs feedback already, and you're more than welcome to continue that in this thread if you'd like.

You are correct that the SoV is for customs that come from 'Scape worlds rather than from worlds of other existing properties. So no TV show or video game customs (at least not directly).
Old July 24th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Thanks. Well, maybe I'll put some customs together using some old Mage Knight minis (I have hundreds of them)
Old July 24th, 2019, 10:46 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Thanks. Well, maybe I'll put some customs together using some old Mage Knight minis (I have hundreds of them)
Mage Knight does have a lot of great minis. It's worth noting, though, that if you want a design to be tested by the SoV for inclusion into the C3V/SoV list, the miniature used needs to be widely available for an affordable price. As a quick point of reference, we generally aim for 80+ copies of Unique Heroes available at online stores, with a preference for them mostly being a somewhat low price (so a squad with two members that cost $15 each would have a hard time getting support, regardless of the design).

Mage Knight's sculpts have unfortunately been pretty rare in my experiences. There's nothing wrong with using them in your own customs, of course, but it's worth keeping in mind that you might need to find a more available alternative miniature if you eventually want to take something to the SoV.
Old July 24th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Lumovanis Woo who?

@Astrokin112 That makes sense, though makes me a bit sad. I love the Steam Golem sculpt and was a huge fan of them in MK (I have over a dozen of them, most repainted). Good to keep in mind with the sculpts though, was wondering what the magic number for accessibility was at.
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:04 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Found this Pathfinder mini and was inspired to create

NAME = YOICHI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ???

Kyudo
Range 6, Attack 4.
If Yoichi did not move this turn, he may attack using Kyudo. Yoichi does not need clear line of sight to attack. May attack up to 4 times, reducing the number of attack dice per attack by 1 for each additional attack beyond the first.

Kyudo wording awkward. Intention is to allow 1 attack at 4, 2 attacks of 3, 3 attacks of 2, or 4 attacks of 1.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 25th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

What is Kyudo?
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If I understand the intent, maybe word it more like C3G’s Bo Staff?

BO STAFF
After moving and before attacking with a normal attack against an adjacent figure, you may subtract any number of Red Robin's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die. If you do, you may attack one additional time for each die subtracted.
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

What's the name of the mini?

Also, the Kyudo "explanation" you provide is very confusing. The way the power reads suggests that he'd get to attack 4 times TOTAL and it would go from 4 att, to 3 att, to 2 att, to 1 att.

Also, I'd just use something like Q9's special for reference on how Kyudo operates...

Quote:
Kyudo Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 1 or 2.
Yoichi starts each turn with 4 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1 or 2 attack dice. Yoichi may keep making special attacks with 1 or 2 attack dice until he has rolled all 4 attack dice. Yoichi may target the same or different figures with each attack.
This way the special attack is different than the normal attack in that you get more attacks but you get weaker power. This way it gives the player a decision to get 1 big hit or a bunch of little hits. Much more strategic that way. With the way the power is worded currently, there would be no reason to ever use the normal attack.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:52 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

NAME = YOICHI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ???

Kyudo
Range 6, Attack 4.
If Yoichi did not move this turn, he may attack using Kyudo. Yoichi does not need clear line of sight to attack. Choose any figure within range and attack by 1, 2, 3, or 4 attack dice. Yoichi may keep making special attacks until he has rolled all 4 attack dice. Yoichi may target the same or different figures with each attack.

The figure is Tsuto Kaijitsu from Pathfinder's Rise of the Runelords. Kyudo is the Japanese Way of the Bow. Shortened the range of his Special Attack to 1 below his Normal Attack. In any event, his Normal Attack could be preferable on height. See, for example, Deathwalker 9000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
What's the name of the mini?

Also, the Kyudo "explanation" you provide is very confusing. The way the power reads suggests that he'd get to attack 4 times TOTAL and it would go from 4 att, to 3 att, to 2 att, to 1 att.

Also, I'd just use something like Q9's special for reference on how Kyudo operates...

Quote:
Kyudo Special Attack
Range 7. Attack 1 or 2.
Yoichi starts each turn with 4 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1 or 2 attack dice. Yoichi may keep making special attacks with 1 or 2 attack dice until he has rolled all 4 attack dice. Yoichi may target the same or different figures with each attack.
This way the special attack is different than the normal attack in that you get more attacks but you get weaker power. This way it gives the player a decision to get 1 big hit or a bunch of little hits. Much more strategic that way. With the way the power is worded currently, there would be no reason to ever use the normal attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards