Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 6th, 2023, 06:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

Here's an update on my last post 3 months ago:

Arrived: Kingmaker (The Second) Did a full five player, and enjoyed the new revisions. Had a second play cancelled due to the big flooding rain we had last weekend, and hoping to reschedule this month.

Arrived: The Last Kingdom Started with 7 solitaires at various player counts. Then did a 2, 3, 4, and 5 player with live opponents. Looking to play again soon.

Delayed: Dune: War For Arrakis (CMON KS) From October now to November. Can hardly wait! Getting both expansions--Smugglers and The Spacing Guild.

Delayed: Bretwalda (Phalanx Gamefound) From the Fall now to the Spring. Solo mode cancelled, but with extras being offered to compensate. Getting Danelag, the Viking expansion.

Withdrawn: Song For War: Mediterranean Theater (New Company KS) Offer failed, but expected 2024 reoffer. Highly anticipated by many wargamers, with innovative features and nice graphics. Expected with new shorter scenarios and other enhancements for this unusual treatment of moderate difficulty for land, sea, and air combat all around the Mediterranean coast and in the sea--Gibralter, Corsica, Sardinia, Italy, Sicily, Algeria, Libya, Tunesia, Egypt, Greece, and Crete.

Last edited by chas; October 6th, 2023 at 06:22 AM.
Old October 10th, 2023, 08:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm thematically interested in Battle For Sampo: Kalevala Chronicles, which just showed at Essen 2023. It is based on Finnish myth, which is not something you see every day. And its by Stepen Baker! There's almost no info about it yet, but I saw it on a preview video by Sam Healy, who didn't know much about it.

Last edited by chas; November 21st, 2023 at 08:01 AM.
Old October 10th, 2023, 10:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today I got Freelancers and Pirate Fluxx. Next month I plan on buying The Adventures of Robin Hood.

Old October 12th, 2023, 02:52 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
A minor update on Timescape by Adventure Together Games: it is now called TimeStrike. Also, clicking around their website, I noticed that they actually have a prototype card:

(I took the liberty of giving her one of ryguy266's shirts. She looked cold)

Definitely similar, yet also definitely more complicated. Still no update on when the Kickstarter will be, but clearly things are still happening.
I don't know if anyone gave on update on this yet, but the kickstarter will launch October 24, 2023. Yes, the figures will be prepainted Pretty cool stuff! More information below!

https://www.adventuretogether.games/timescape
Old November 21st, 2023, 08:08 AM

Two designs I preordered some time ago have been hanging fire forever from GMT:

Commands & Colors Napoleonics Expansion 7: La Grande Battles
I own all 11 C&C games with all of their dozens of expansions, but this is my favorite. It will include a revision and more scenarios for the larger than Epic format LGB format, some rules revisions, some new troop pieces, and a few Standard and Epic scenarios.

Commands & Colors Medieval Expansion 1: The Crusades This will have many rules revisions and different troop types, since the core game covered Byzantine battles.

I did get the new C&C Napoleonics laser printed dice, to replace the old stickered ones.

Dune: War For Arrakis has had several delays; even a Christmas delivery would be optimistic. Orders are currently being boxed in China. Which will come first; the game or Part II of the new movie?
Old November 21st, 2023, 12:53 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I'm all in on Cyberpunk which was the campaign before Dune, and that's being packed right now. If shipping starts next month then I'll expect Jan or Feb for that. With Dune being after Cyberpunk, I'd probably expect a month or two after Cyberpunk then. Sucks though, wanted a holiday game with Cyberpunk.
Old December 5th, 2023, 04:09 AM

Song For War: Mediterranean Theater: After its first Kickstarter failed to fund, we've been waiting months for the retooled second attempt. Now a new video is just out on BGG, which hopefully presages the new offering. This includes an update on new scenarios being added and how to play, with coverage of the major components. Its an innovative new WWII medium weight wargame that has gotten great reviews. Here is the BGG Forum:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...ranean-theater

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games