Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 7th, 2018, 04:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread

What about giving them a class which would also be a quick reference to occupancy? i.e. Compact - 2 people; Sedan - 4 people; SUV - 6 people; Truck - 2 people plus item or items; Public - up to 20 people (thinking bus or train here, possibly passenger jet, if ever needed.) These are just my initial thoughts.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 7th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would rather not have the class written on the card and just keep Occupancy there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 7th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, keep these as DOs, just ones you can start with.

Honestly, I'm wondering if we should make draftable DOs their own category/rule, one that includes both regular and VDOs... but not all of them. I can theoretically see the point in a draftable static DO (shield generator to start with - not necessarily that, but there are possibilities), and that way we could do those as well if we wanted to but have no actual requirement to make any given DO or VDO draftable... so, if we wanted to make a non-draftable VDO, we could, or a draftable DO, we could. Just a more flexible, useful system.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 7th, 2018, 04:56 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with you, L_O, but that's a big project. Let's start with VDOs and see where it leads.

Quote:
Old August 7th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'd like to end up there eventually. Starting with Vehicles as a test case, though!
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm with you, L_O, but that's a big project. Let's start with VDOs and see where it leads.
It's not, actually. I'm just talking about putting the rule in place, not making any present DOs draftable (in fact there aren't any static ones right now I'd want to be draftable). It's just the introduction of a set of 'drafting DO rules' that mean that any DO with a points cost, Vehicle or otherwise, can be drafted and placed in your start-zone, and if it doesn't, it can't (even if it's a VDO, so it gives us room for non-draftable VDOs if we wanted to make any). We'd only have to start with the two existing VDOs since they're the only existing DOs we'd want draftable, and it would mean that any future DOs we make, vehicle or not, could be made draftable or not as we see fit. It's literally no more work initially, it just gives us more room to manoeuver, on both sides.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Vehicles come with some additional challenges, so I'd like to make sure we work those out. Once we have the mechanics for Vehicles finalized, though, we could definitely write it up in the rules as a general draftable DOs rule and then have the Vehicle Rules just clarify the extra stuff relevant to Vehicles.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Vehicles come with some additional challenges, so I'd like to make sure we work those out. Once we have the mechanics for Vehicles finalized, though, we could definitely write it up in the rules as a general draftable DOs rule and then have the Vehicle Rules just clarify the extra stuff relevant to Vehicles.
That's basically what I was suggesting.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Symbiotic

Old August 8th, 2018, 01:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1

Do those sound like reasonable cost guesses for what we're trying to do here? Any concerns? Big rules gaps we need to close?
Sorry I'm late replying here.

Anyway, I only barely understand the VDO rules (never looked at them before now, I couldn't be less interested in the whole thing personally), but I think the core rules here are sound. My issue is really more with how all the vehicles are going to have a variation of Carry and an auto-wound power, as those are two of the very best things a card can have. I don't think the Mole Machine is going to come in at 200 for example, it is more useful than that.

Personally, I'd shoot for these being... not overcosted but like on the high side of what feels right... anyway. Like they should be available to those that want to use them, but they shouldn't be so good that they're something people feel obligated to draft to get the best army they can. C3G already does a lot of complicated stuff just within the basic game, requiring people to learn VDO rules or spell rules or whatever just to be able to run a half decent army is something I'm very wary of as it feels like a great way to kill off any newcomers' interest in the game. Not saying we're at that point now, just that it is something to be mindful of.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:43 PM

They are considered optional, like Knockback, so any tournament could just say they're not allowed.

Quote:
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1

Do those sound like reasonable cost guesses for what we're trying to do here? Any concerns? Big rules gaps we need to close?
Sorry I'm late replying here.

Anyway, I only barely understand the VDO rules (never looked at them before now, I couldn't be less interested in the whole thing personally), but I think the core rules here are sound. My issue is really more with how all the vehicles are going to have a variation of Carry and an auto-wound power, as those are two of the very best things a card can have. I don't think the Mole Machine is going to come in at 200 for example, it is more useful than that.

Personally, I'd shoot for these being... not overcosted but like on the high side of what feels right... anyway. Like they should be available to those that want to use them, but they shouldn't be so good that they're something people feel obligated to draft to get the best army they can. C3G already does a lot of complicated stuff just within the basic game, requiring people to learn VDO rules or spell rules or whatever just to be able to run a half decent army is something I'm very wary of as it feels like a great way to kill off any newcomers' interest in the game. Not saying we're at that point now, just that it is something to be mindful of.
Yeah, definitely agree with that philosophy. A generic Sports Car or whatever especially doesn't need to be some kind of juiced competitive beast.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library