Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old April 12th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Hearthstone

Yeah. I'm happy to play against anybody, but it's very easy to find yourself playing against someone from another rung on the ladder. Particularly, Aldin, when you're new. After your feet are wet and your decks are a little better, I bet you'll feel more evenly matched against more of your opponents.

I thought you played fine, and your deck was fine. If I hadn't been holding that one card, there's a good chance you would have won. If you're having fun, stick with it. Any time you want a rematch against my Druid, who is a work in progress, let me know. Or, I guess, any of the other 8.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Sweet, I was thinking a while ago about making a thread for this to see if there were any other HStoners around. I've been playing this for almost a couple years now and enjoy it maybe a lot more than I should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Thanks for the game last night, DS! If I can manage the personal disappointment of a 1:5 win:loss ratio I might survive long enough to learn what I need to know. Here's hoping!

~Aldin, who lost to an amazing Druid combo last night that did, I think, 22 damage in a single turn - the other player said "I'm Sorry" three times as they were setting it up (used a series of cards to get three little ents and buff 'em to 6/6 while making the hero output at least 4)
Ha, yeah the designers have all but explicitly stated that they're going to nerf that Druid combo in a couple weeks. Until then you can expect it from most Druids you come against.

And I feel like all players go through a rough streak towards the beginning of play. At least, my friend and I both did. Once you start picking up better cards that match your play style things should go up in no time. (Though, let's be honest, I still have awful days... and weeks...)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm waiting for the nerf to Inner Strength.

= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, @Heroscaper Guy hooked me up with a link to an improved basic Mage deck list. I went from 2-12 with the starter deck to 3-1 with the new one. What a difference!

~Aldin, happily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Great!

Maybe that'll be the last deck you download from the internet, though. :/

= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Great!

Maybe that'll be the last deck you download from the internet, though. :/
It's only the basic cards, not really anything special imo. But to each his own. I didn't give him any other advice aside from that (I offered though).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You're right, of course. To each his own. And I've read a couple strategy articles; my hands are not clean.

I just hate playing against e-decks. I remember the first time I played against a Rogue Coldlight Oracle deck, and I thought "Oh, cool! This guy is so clever, with his Brewmasters and Vanishes and making me draw cards!" And then I played against one exactly like it every day for the next two weeks. It was annoying.

edit: Naxxramas being gone for good reminds me, I still have to get in there & do them on hard mode. I got mauled last time I tried, though.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 12th, 2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old April 12th, 2016, 03:00 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You're right, of course. To each his own. And I've read a couple strategy articles; my hands are not clean.

I just hate playing against e-decks. I remember the first time I played against a Rogue Coldlight Oracle deck, and I thought "Oh, cool! This guy is so clever, with his Brewmasters and Vanishes and making me draw cards!" And then I played against one exactly like it every day for the next two weeks. It was annoying.

edit: Naxxramas being gone for good reminds me, I still have to get in there & do them on hard mode. I got mauled last time I tried, though.
The thing with a large playerbase (and this applies to mtg, and Heroscape, and pretty much anything), is they will find the op stuff a lot quicker than you by yourself, and then you have to deal with them playing it. Now, this means that they get more time to practice against and with it, rather than searching for it on their own. I respect people's opinion, but I would rather practice with it, then to flail around on my own.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 12th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, I'm a big fan of flailing, and finding my own way. For me, the exploration is a significant part of the enjoyment of the game.

I figure I'm not going to spend the time and/or money to get to the very top, so I'll enjoy myself by wandering in the forest.

= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I feel very comfortable with dustless basic decklists. For me, they feel like the "proper" learning decks. Once I start crafting beyond that, I like to do my own thing. It is funny how different the game gets at a certain level though. I watched one of HSG's games and only recognized maybe a third of the cards being used

~Aldin, for whatever it may be worth-ly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yeah, I figured you'd probably like the exploring like I do, Aldin.

= =
Old April 12th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, who lost to an amazing Druid combo last night that did, I think, 22 damage in a single turn - the other player said "I'm Sorry" three times as they were setting it up (used a series of cards to get three little ents and buff 'em to 6/6 while making the hero output at least 4)
Unfortunately, that will not be the last time you see that combo.

Also, if you own Naxx now, you will be able to play it forever. You just won't be able to buy it if you don't own it now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games