Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
On our trip to New York I finally bought Sushi Go
Got this one for Christmas and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Yesterday a few of us met up for a few games of Heroscape (including a new player, because HS is just that good!). The four of us also played a few games of Monstrous, another Christmas present and a fun dexterity game. @Viideosayg got quite good at that and won handily. Then we played some Coup. I'm not into social deduction games, but this was probably the best one I've played so far. Definitely need to have a firm grasp on all the actions/counter-actions to get good at it, though. Finally, two of us ended with 7 Wonders Duel, in which my science was stifled, but I stopped an early military push so I was able to go on and beat @Phantom on points.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
On our trip to New York I finally bought Sushi Go
Got this one for Christmas and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Yesterday a few of us met up for a few games of Heroscape (including a new player, because HS is just that good!). The four of us also played a few games of Monstrous, another Christmas present and a fun dexterity game. @Viideosayg got quite good at that and won handily. Then we played some Coup. I'm not into social deduction games, but this was probably the best one I've played so far. Definitely need to have a firm grasp on all the actions/counter-actions to get good at it, though. Finally, two of us ended with 7 Wonders Duel, in which my science was stifled, but I stopped an early military push so I was able to go on and beat @Phantom on points.
Did y'all get Sushi Go Party or the original version?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Original version. I’m suspicious of hand swapping games at higher player counts. Makes it harder to play gotcha, which to my eye defeats the purpose.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:24 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Sushi Go Party even at 2-5 players is better in my opinion. Er, let me clarify that a bit. Sushi Go grows stale for me after about a dozen plays--by that point everyone pretty much has figured out how to value all the various cards and several things become clear. Sushi Go Party allows for unique combinations of cards every round, so you still have that interesting drafting game going on, but now you also are getting that experience you do when you first play Sushi Go--do I want this pudding or this triple Maki roll? In the base game you'll figure out what you want after awhile, so I've found Party to be a great way to constantly keep things feeling a bit fresh.

As for the cooperative two player game that can be played multi platform, there is Hanabi available on BoardGameArena. You can just play in any browser, so I think that might fit what you're looking for? I'm pretty familiar with most major board game apps and I don't think there's anything in the app world that fits. I'm wracking my brain for any other online cooperative game I know--well I'm assuming you're talking board game? Else there are quite a few online cooperative video games available for stuff on PS4 and the like, although cross platform play there probably doesn't exist.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 9th, 2018, 03:26 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Sushi Go Party even at 2-5 players is better in my opinion. Er, let me clarify that a bit. Sushi Go grows stale for me after about a dozen plays--by that point everyone pretty much has figured out how to value all the various cards and several things become clear. Sushi Go Party allows for unique combinations of cards every round, so you still have that interesting drafting game going on, but now you also are getting that experience you do when you first play Sushi Go--do I want this pudding or this triple Maki roll? In the base game you'll figure out what you want after awhile, so I've found Party to be a great way to constantly keep things feeling a bit fresh.
These are my feelings exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. I didn’t realize they were that different. I confess I didn’t even ask if they had Party at the cluttered game shop where I found the base game. I’d just seen Party elsewhere and rejected it as a hand swapping party game. Ah well.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 9th, 2018, 01:14 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Hmm. I didn’t realize they were that different. I confess I didn’t even ask if they had Party at the cluttered game shop where I found the base game. I’d just seen Party elsewhere and rejected it as a hand swapping party game. Ah well.
Yeah, no worries. You've got a good game in Sushi Go!. If it turns out you like it enough and it eventually grows stale, well by that point you've easily got your money out of it anyhow if you then decide to get party.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 9th, 2018, 02:31 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am in the process of building a replica of Affentennis, a hex grid tennis dexterity game. Instead of monkeys, my version will have Hello Kitty vs Big Bird for now. Hopefully, Snoopy, Woodstock, some Smurfs, the KoolAid Man, Garfield, and what ever other figures holding tennis rackets I can find that are approximately the correct scale, will join soon. I have tried offering hugely lopsided trades to get a copy, to no avail, in case someone here has a copy.

I have also been preparing for my first official Blood Bowl league by playing as many different teams as possible to decide who I want to play. I am leaning toward Skaven, but Goblins with 2 Trolls is a fun team also.

Played Battle for Rokugan recently and it was surprisingly good. It captures the differences between the clans well and didn't over stay its welcome like most area control games, for me at least.

In a similar vein, Clockwork Wars surprised me as well. It has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years, so we decided to open it and give it a try. Liked it enough to buy the expansion and bonus tiles from Eagle-Gryphon, while I was picking up the Kickstarter stuff I missed for Vinhos and Gallerist, and a Lisboa upgrade kit.

Dusted off Colt Express Sunday because somehow my son had badgered my wife enough to get her to play. I will need to employ this strategy more as the whole family had fun.

Looking forward to Star Wars Legion soon. Hope it takes off.
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
I hope it takes off too G.O. I have 2 core sets, 2 airspeeders and an AT-ST ordered. I have 2 buddies that are ordering similarly, though for one, he's also getting the little troop expansions.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:21 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I hope it takes off too G.O. I have 2 core sets, 2 airspeeders and an AT-ST ordered. I have 2 buddies that are ordering similarly, though for one, he's also getting the little troop expansions.
This game looks so stinkin' sweet!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
This game looks so stinkin' sweet!
Yeah Spidey, it should be pretty fun! I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I have seen all of the movies, except The Last Jedi, but haven't read any of the book series' or re-watched any of the movies other than the original 3. But, it's a miniatures game, and I have a few buddies that are really Star Wars fans and will be into this game. If a couple of them weren't going to buy into this system and commit to playing, I wouldn't have gotten into it either, as I have too many other things going on. So that was my stipulation, that it gets played and not just bought to sit on the shelf

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just completed my first Star Trek Ascendancy Borg Assimilation Expansion game; a Federation solo against the dreaded cyborgs. I was concerned that they would be invincible, but I after an increasingly deadly situation where the cubes managed to build four out of the six Borg Worlds they need for victory, actually managed a win after ten turns! Hooray for the Good Guys!

This outing yesterday was a 'dry run' for my first multiplayer Borg outing later today, which should be a 3-4 player. And since there still isn't a single session report up on bgg with the new expansion yet...

This game will follow my first episode with the new Cry Havoc Aftermath Expansion, which is why we're shooting for four players, which is all that game takes. I've played each base game about 20 times now, but only managed one full game of each (STA 5 Player and CH 4 Player) so far.

Let Science Fiction Game Day commence!

(Edit) Since this game day has now been delayed for three days, I have continued with my STA Solo Series, which has seen the Romulans beaten and assimilated by The Borg after a promising start, after only six turns. Now, how will the Klingons fare? Session Reports will appear on the Borg Assimilation Expansion board on Boardgamegeek. (Edit: Klingons win on Turn Eleven, having previously taken out a Borg Cube on the first round at The Battle of Kronos! Amazing; nine hits out of ten dice rolled.)

The release of the NPC Borg Assimilation expansion has changed the parameters of STA from 3-5 players now to 1-5. GF9 has also announced two new faction expansions for the game in 2018: Vulcans and Andorrians! This will allow 6-7 Player games with different factions, or simply a larger array of possible factions for games with fewer players. It has been rumored that The Dominion will be released as a second NPC faction in the future, perhaps after another active faction such as The Tholians, the only other faction noted on an Exploration Card which is not yet included in the game. This would repeat the existing expansion release cycle of three active and one NPC faction being introduced.

In this, Gale Force Nine continues its excellent launch of intellectual property games such as Spartacus and Firefly, planning out the development of an individual game design far in advance, over the course of various expansions. So far, while this has resulted in various production delays, it has also produced excellent games!

(Edit) Had fun playing STA/Borg and CH/Aftermath with my pals!

Last edited by chas; January 14th, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games