Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Documentary about Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
NHSD is coming up .... good time to get some great footage of heroscapers playing. You are welcome to attend the Tree Town Open, we currently have 55 registered and I would think by October 15th we should end up with around 60 players in attendence.
I second some footage of the Tree Town Open being in the documentary. Also you just missed out on Gen Con, but that's another big time of year for Heroscape.
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm sure several of us at C3V and C3G would be willing to say a piece. IAmBatman and Griffin are probably the most go-to people, but I would happily contribute as well. And if you want a piece about the User Strategy Review Circle, I can speak for that.

Old August 15th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This sounds good! I'd love to help in any way.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
This sounds good! I'd love to help in any way.
Fuzzy: When did you first receive your vision that Heroscape was on its way out?

Clan: Well, once they gave it to WotC, I could see the writing on the well. In Elven.

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:26 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Speaking to the funding options, I'd like to recommend Kickstarter. In this way, anyone that's a Heroscape fan could contribute to funding the project.

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like a great project. I'm in no way a person that would be condsidered important on Heroscapers, but I'm up for any type of help I can give.

I have a feeling that if this gets started properly that the community will jump at any chance to help out. I wish you the best of luck with this project.

~Su-Bak

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM

fuzzyfoot is surprisingly tart

I'm so happy about the support from you guys. I'm sitting down with my producer very soon to discuss the project and start moving things in the right direction.

As things develop I will let you guys know.

Last Match Highlight:

3 Player Castle where Major Q9 obliterates the Castle Door allowing squads of Blastatrons and Gladiatrons to pour in on the now outnumbered 10th Regiment!
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:55 AM

PinkFloyd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would love to see this and I would also love it it actually helped bring scape back (=
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

It might be better if it focused on more than just heroscape. If it just focuses on Heroscape then no one besides us will want to see it and people will dismiss it more readily. However, if it focuses on the gaming community as a whole and Heroscape is 1/3 of the movie or less, more people will see it and it would actually bring more notoriety to heroscape as a great example of what the movie is trying to say about gamers.

Take it or leave it, but I think everyone at BGG and all the Gaming cons would love to see it. Although there is already "Going Cardboard" being produced and there was Uber Goober already - so you might want to differentiate yourself.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

No, I believe that it should feature HeroScape and some member of the site should talk about their experiences playing the game preferably Jexik as he is going to TTO anyways

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
It might be better if it focused on more than just heroscape. If it just focuses on Heroscape then no one besides us will want to see it and people will dismiss it more readily. However, if it focuses on the gaming community as a whole and Heroscape is 1/3 of the movie or less, more people will see it and it would actually bring more notoriety to heroscape as a great example of what the movie is trying to say about gamers.

Take it or leave it, but I think everyone at BGG and all the Gaming cons would love to see it. Although there is already "Going Cardboard" being produced and there was Uber Goober already - so you might want to differentiate yourself.
I disagree and I think the mini's game that failed as a business but not as a community is the right angle for this.

If done using this angle it already differentiates itself while bringing in the rest of the miniature gaming community. Promoted properly (unlike the game) this could actually be bigger than it sounds.

This is more of a community development through business failure story. More of a human success story from a game than being about the game itself.

I've probably worded this all wrong but I could see a decent documentary coming out of this.

Good Luck!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 18th, 2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Of course we could argue over this but it's really not up to us. :)
Old August 18th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I disagree and I think the mini's game that failed as a business but not as a community is the right angle for this.

If done using this angle it already differentiates itself while bringing in the rest of the miniature gaming community. Promoted properly (unlike the game) this could actually be bigger than it sounds.

This is more of a community development through business failure story. More of a human success story from a game than being about the game itself.

I've probably worded this all wrong but I could see a decent documentary coming out of this.

Good Luck!
THIS!

I could see a documentary talking to Van Ness, Daviau, and Baker about their vision, the direction they took it, and where it went. Throw in some stuff with Truth, Grungebob, The Guru, and others about the WotC era. Sprinkle in some comments from the decision makers at Hasbro and WotC (if they will talk). Take that all and superimpose it over a backdrop of the community's history of websites, tournaments, and the new era of custom projects. There is plenty of material to cover and tell a compelling story. The rest of the gaming industry could get some mentions and nods, but making it only partly about Heroscape would water down both angles enough that it would minimize their impact. A focus on Heroscape's "rise and fall" has a lot of potential, and it could go a few different ways.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion