Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: It's coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
I like! But you had me worried, i was E-mailing truth about the downtime, didn't realize what was happening. .
huh, a window pops up every time i try to view a pic on here....
Well I was laughing at the panic on the inter tube yesterday while the conversion was happening.

Window: Ya Xotil is aware of it and we tried to get the test site login, what you are seeing, removed. He has been at this for 19 hours so he's grabbing some sack time right now and will attack it later this evening when he wakes up.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Wow, 19 hours? Ouch.

Whoever made the banners at the top needs a medal, those are amazing.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What makes me sad is that jerk on the Yahoo group who took this as a hack and made it be known just how thrilled he was that our site had been hacked. What a jackass!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

I don't really like this new site. It's so different.

Old April 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yay! Now thats one slick presentation!
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
And look at all the shiny new toys you've got to play with!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

The new site is pretty cool. I like the new features but not the format. It's very hard to navigate and this pop up is keep coming up telling me to "test to connect" or something. Good job though.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

The Newscapers site looks pretty.

All you hard working guys/gals deserve a cookie.

BTW, Is there any way to make the site wider? On a widescreen monitor I have all of the site squished into the middle third of the screen. Sure, the other two-thirds are a pleasant shade of blue, but I hope there is a way to increase the width.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:18 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

My only complaint is that i preferred the avatars and post count stuff on the side. But no biggie.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

BTW, Is there any way to make the site wider? On a widescreen monitor I have all of the site squished into the middle third of the screen. Sure, the other two-thirds are a pleasant shade of blue, but I hope there is a way to increase the width.
Hey Xotil deserves Scaper of the month. The entire process took 19 hours....and home boy was up straight like a good coder should be!

I know wide screen is on the list but is was a minor fix. Getting this bad boy up and running was Job #1

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
The new site is pretty cool. I like the new features but not the format. It's very hard to navigate and this pop up is keep coming up telling me to "test to connect" or something. Good job though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

You all will get used to the navagation, just like we all got used to HQ after .net, and then Heroscapers after HQ>

As far as the widening, we have been through all this and have had much heated discussions for quite a while about it. It seems as though this is a current trend in web design that is hard for some to get used to(I'm one of them). You are not the first to mention it and won't be the last. Just relax and enjoy the new features, play around a bit and keep peace while we go through this change for the better.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
And look at all the shiny new toys you've got to play with!
I find that I have to click "cancel" on an authentication box many times on lots of pages to do anything. I think it's because you're storing some images, such as the small icons for wysiwyg functions, and the "edit" and "quote" buttons at the bottom of posts, in protected directories. It's crippling to site navigation.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News