Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 6th, 2020, 05:30 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Superboy (Jon Kent) (Vote for Public)

yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 6th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Superboy (Jon Kent) (Vote for Public)

Awesome! Thanks guys. This passes
Old February 7th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Superboy (Jon Kent) (Public Testing)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Superboy (Johnny Kent)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Superboy (Jon) (120), Superman (II), Batman (I), Robin (Damian) (850) VS Raís al Ghul (II), Ubu, Lady Shiva, Merlyn, Batman Beyond (845)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Superboy (Jon) (120), Robin (Damian), Aqualad (Kaldur), Wonder Girl (Donna), Speedy (Roy) (600) VS Klarion, Teekl, Deathstroke (610)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Solid design and a great partner to either Superman or Damian Wayne. I like how he plays pretty differently when comboíd with each. He won both games, but only the second was really due to Jon, and I feel like a Nightwing Titans army still would have been stronger. It was fun to have a pretty effective all-Sidekick army!
Old February 7th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How did you feel about his movement speed Archie? That's my main thing I was wondering about needing to tick back up. I'm feeling pretty good even after yours, as it looks like while he did a fair deal of wounds in the second game, most were on Teekl, a cheap, high life low defense figure.
Old February 7th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

His movement is a little slow when paired with Superman - he obviously outspeeds Robin just fine. However the movement speed wasn't so much the issue as was the 6-space requirement for bonding, forcing Supes to go a bit slower so his son can keep up. I loved the theme of that and it helps balance giving another attack to a powerhouse like Supes.
Old February 16th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Superboy (Jon Kent)

Army Test 1
Map: City Park
Units: Team 1 (600): Superboy (120), Nightwing (200), Robin (Damian) (80), Wonder Girl (Donna) (140), Aqualad (Garth) (60)
Team 2 (600): Baron Zemo (Helmut) (200), Black Manta (230), Black Widow (170)

Pre-game thoughts: The Titans are planning to overrun their enemy with a sheer number of bonding turns. Meanwhile, Zemoís team is going for more of a quality over quantity angle. Iím a tad worried that I went too heavy on them not having any bonding powers at all, but Zemo and Manta have multi-attacks that can hopefully even things out.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: One of those games where most of T2 fell incredibly fast, but then underdog Zemo got on height and just started tearing fools up.

Jon worked well as a screen to protect Damian from harm, while also getting a fair amount of wounds in himself. I definitely feel like he was worth his 120 here.

Army Test 2
Map: City Park
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Superboy (120), Superman I (400), Liu Kang (260), Zatanna II (220)
Team 2 (1,000): Captain America (240), Luke Cage (190), Iron Man Mk IV (250), Tigra (170), Moon Knight (150)

Pre-game thoughts: Iím actually really excited by this team. Not amazing turn efficiency, but I think everyoneís powers compliment each other nicely.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Note that T1 won initiative every round.

I thought this army was a lot of fun. Like I said, I think their roles all complimented each other nicely. The Krytponians with +1 Defense from Liu and the dice changing from Zatanna felt incredibly durable.

Itís funny how Jon had almost the exact reverse roll here than with Damian. Clark was able to engage most of the enemy team, leaving Jon free to take pot shots. Of course, this strategy kind of ended up being their undoing as well, with Moon Knight forcing Supes to take those Heroic Duty LEAs. Jon was also rolling exceptionally well with Heat Vision, getting up to 5-6 skulls a lot of the time.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I like this guy at 120. I think it fits thematically, enables him to easily fit into his thematic builds, and I could see the army I played in game 2 being a playtesting regular for me at an even 1,000.

But Iíd be lying if I said he didnít feel like he exceeded 120 in both games. I do think both of the games were fairly lucky for him (positioning really worked in his favor) but still, I think what he offers to both Damian and Clark is pretty freaking great. If it was just my tests I wouldnít be too concerned, but after glancing and seeing he won both of Archieís tests as well I think itís worth looking into.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like him a lot! Itís really cool how his role reverses depending on who you play him with. With Superman, heís basically an extra ranged attack, so Clark has a vested interest in protecting him. With Damian, Jon himself becomes the protection, keeping enemies off of Damianís back while not triggering Bat Brat. Super cool!
Trying some new stuff with my formatting, lmk what you think.
Old February 16th, 2020, 12:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Formatting looks good, as so the tests. Zatanna II paired up with Krytonian Defense seems like a solid combo. Need to get a JL team going based around Batman, Zatanna, & Superman and see how it does for me.
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Book Wyrm

I'm thinking maybe bumping move up one and dropping his attack 1. I think that'll keep the thematic feel of the pairings (encouraging melee with Damian and Heat Vision with Clark) while also keeping things reasonable (Jon hitting a potential 6 attack dice when working with Damian is probably a bit much IMO).

If we are really thinking he's a bit too hot at 120 right now, maybe dropping Rookie Heat Vision's range by 1? That'll keep it feeling a tad different from regular Heat Vision when running with his dad. Of course, if people think maintaining the range of regular heat vision is better, that's cool too. I'm thinking the stat tweaks will likely bring him in line well enough.
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like all suggested changes. Certainly not thinking he needs a huge nerf, but those make a lot of sense.
Old February 16th, 2020, 07:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seems like some good tweaks. I like the idea that as a rookie he maybe isn't as confident with his heat vision accuracy and needs to be closer than a veteran is with it. Miss and you can burn and innocent bystander or damage some property/equipment that you really don't want to damage after all.
Old February 16th, 2020, 11:14 PM
Archie

Base 3 attack just feels low for a Kryptonian. From a balance perspective, that's probably a good change since you're aiming for 120 points. Otherwise I'd suggest just raising 10-20 points.

Either way, I like the range drop on the Rookie Heat Vision. It's certainly not necessary, but it's a nice little thematic change.
Old February 17th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Base 3 attack just feels low for a Kryptonian. From a balance perspective, that's probably a good change since you're aiming for 120 points. Otherwise I'd suggest just raising 10-20 points.

Either way, I like the range drop on the Rookie Heat Vision. It's certainly not necessary, but it's a nice little thematic change.
Eh. He's half Kryptonian, and he's 10. The idea that Clark is encouraging him to control his punches a bit whereas Damian is encouraging the fighting makes it work more I think. The alternative would be tweaking the boost Damian provides, and it feels a tad late in the game for that kind of a move. This way's probably cleaner.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library