Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2021, 10:42 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I've only heard of the cards in an anime! They are the Flower Cards, right?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 9th, 2021, 03:29 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Can you post a photo of them?
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:57 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This covers it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 10th, 2021, 02:02 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Pretty! I liked this video, which includes history and how to play:

Its interesting that Nintendo started out in 1899 as a company that made Hanafuda playing cards--quite a connection!

Last edited by chas; May 11th, 2021 at 11:11 PM.
Old May 11th, 2021, 11:15 PM

Titans has arrived from Poland! I'll be playing it all this month on Saturdays! It also has a Solo Mode and a Solo Campaign for weekdays, as well as 34 regular scenarios with 2-5 Players. Its the first game ever on 17th Century Eastern Europe. Its dudes on a map for The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Sweden, The Holy Roman Empire (Austria), Russia, and Turkey.
Old May 27th, 2021, 09:03 AM

I'm now in the middle of what I think is a new record for me: six straight days of gaming with live opponents! Games have/will include: Undaunted North Africa, Heroscape (5 Players), Commands &Color Medieval, Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rising, Kemet: Blood and Sand, and Titans. The last two are brand new Kickstarters that have just arrived; KBS to a neighbor and Titans to me.

I've now played seven 2 Player games of Titans, four of which have been "2 Player Solos." The first was to learn the base rules, and then I've been adding 3-4 variations, of which there are about 20, to check them out as well, and think about what the best mix of rules will be.

This is a fun and simple dudes on a map war game, but its pretty thinky, because you have limited resources and time to get your Victory Points. It has unique combinations of rules including a bit of card drafting, card market action and support selection, card play, maneuvering different types of units on an area movement board, and unique asymmetric abilities for each of the five nations in 17th Century Eastern Europe: The Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, and Austria. This lesser known period/arena is brought to life by a Polish designer who is both familiar with the history and a fine craftsman! So its a joy to explore the game's possibilities for ingenious play. I hope to get in a game with more players soon, as more pals become vaccinated and available.
Old May 31st, 2021, 06:47 AM

I've just extended what I'm now calling my Eight Days A Week Marathon of gaming with live opponents today with a Day 7 4 Player game of Titans, my first of this brand new Kickstarter with more than 2 Players. What started out to be a simple 2 Player session of BattleCry morphed after more pals came out during this Pandemic Reopening for the holiday!

I also have an online TTS 2 player game of Undaunted North Africa for tomorrow. It will be my second play of this sequel to Undaunted Normandy. The publishers just set up the scenarios on their official mod. We had fun trying out the introductory scenario last week. The game adds a few new rules and vehicles.

Last edited by chas; June 1st, 2021 at 03:55 AM.
Old June 1st, 2021, 11:35 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

May gaming. We were on vacation this month, one of those busy vacations, not one of those relaxing vacations so virtually no games got played during that time.

Cloudspire x 5
10 Days in the USA
Dungeon Mayhem
Quicksand
Qwirkle
Marvel Champions x 22
Too Many Bones
Maximum Apocalypse
Ghost Stories
Hexplore it (won on epic mode)
Heroscape x 4
Bang! the Dice Game
Godtear

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 1st, 2021, 11:51 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

This past Sunday:
Who Goes There?
Sunset at Silver Creek (an rpg module I wrote for Dark City Games)
Scythe (which I enjoyed much more than the first few times I played it)

Old June 13th, 2021, 08:17 AM

Playing lots of Titans now, and starting to add some of the many optional modes and expansions when my players are experienced, as I've tried almost all of them out solo. Hosted my first 3 and 4 Player games; don't know if I'll ever get a 5 player done.

This is a game that is not what you expect when you sit down to it, unless you've done your research before hand. Everyone likes it. Like Mezo, its sort of a sleeper hit since its by a small, new company. And its great that lesser known historical/mythological subjects like the Mayans and 17th Century Eastern Europe are now being covered by dudes on a map board games.
Old June 20th, 2021, 06:01 AM

Just finished playing all 40 scenarios of Commands & Colors Samurai Battles, which I started back on March 27, soon after the game arrived! Its been quite a journey. I played most of them solo, but several other gamers joined in here and there.

The hundred year period of "Warring States" of feudal Japan came alive in some of the most famous battles. Oddly enough, the clans that were defeated at the close of the period around 1600, were the same ones who finally pulled down the Tokugawa Shogunate during the Meiji Restoration a hundred and fifty years later! Talk about a long game.
Old July 1st, 2021, 10:23 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

June gaming:

Pirate vs Pirate
Marvel Champions x 55
UNO
Spot It
Dungeon Mayhem
Bang! the Dice Game
5 Minute Dungeon x 3
Kingdomino
Forbidden Island
Apocrypha x 3
Lord of the Rings LCG x 5
Too Many Bones x 2
Myth x 5
Cloudspire
Heroscape x 5
Shadows Over Camelot

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games