Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 10th, 2022, 03:17 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Our Community only gets 5 figures

Imagine, a malevolent spirit presents itself to you. It will obliterate VC and its memory from humanity. In an uncharacteristic display of benevolence, the apparition allows you to save five VC figures. What figures do you save? Your five favorites? The Five that make for the healthiest meta? The ones that fill out factions the best? Something else? or a pleasant mixture of all the factors?

My picks
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 10th, 2022, 08:34 AM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart
Re: Our Community only gets 5 figures

In no particular order, I gotta go with:

B-11
Quahon
Cathar Spearmen
Marutuk
Deathcommander Mark 3

A good variety of units that stand out to me as being strong, fun, badass, and memorable.
Old April 10th, 2022, 09:18 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In no particular order:

1. Heracles

There isn't really another unit in classic scape that plays or feels exactly like Heracles. He's basically a Marvel figure, but in a good way.

2. Dreadgul Raiders

A B+ tier common squad that directly benefits 3 subpar/underplayed units in Jotun, Guilty McCreech and Valguard? I can't see these guys being anything but healthy to the classic meta.

3. Quahon

Love her or hate her, Quahon is undeniably one of the most iconic figures in all of VC. Making spiders actually relevant in the cheese meta is cool too.

4. Rygarn

Similar to Heracles, there's no figure in classic scape that functions like Rygarn does. He hugely benefits splash armies in particular and facilitates some very creative and unorthodox armies otherwise (see Vegie's winning VCheese 3 build).

5. Haduc

Being the fabled Ninth Elf Wizard, Haduc fills a massive hole in classic Scape lore. Gameplay wise, his defensive ability is hugely impactful for the elf wizards as well.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old April 10th, 2022, 10:19 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
1. Heracles

2. Dreadgul Raiders

3. Quahon

4. Rygarn

5. Haduc.
This list is really good in general. I love the cheese side of the game so I'm keeping that stuff:

1. Quahon

2. Rygarn

3. Brute Gruts

4. Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

5. Kuthnak

If I could combine them into one choice I'd keep the Slashers/Bashers/Koggo.
Old April 10th, 2022, 12:32 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1 Van Nessing
2 Haduc
3 Cathar Spearmen
4 Count Raymond
5 Zombie Hulk

Assuming you mean units and not figures...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 10th, 2022 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Can't have Cathar without the count. Well you could but...
Old April 10th, 2022, 12:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Neat game however I think the c3v worked best for factions not units. Most of the units people are picking could have been designed and playtested by one person. This is one of the reasons the c3v is set up the way it is, so you can take the big vision to reality.

I really think the strength of the c3v design is shown in factions like the Rogues, wildwoods, Varks, monks, demons and thralls. These big interconnected factions that offer completely different ways to play. Choosing 5 units limits so many figures.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 10th, 2022, 01:22 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Neat game however I think the c3v worked best for factions not units. Most of the units people are picking could have been designed and playtested by one person. This is one of the reasons the c3v is set up the way it is, so you can take the big vision to reality.

I really think the strength of the c3v design is shown in factions like the Rogues, wildwoods, Varks, monks, demons and thralls. These big interconnected factions that offer completely different ways to play. Choosing 5 units limits so many figures.
Totally agree...but this is a malevolent spirit after all and not a friendly ghost.

Hey does anyone have a Casper custom!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 10th, 2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Or can you see through that comment?
Old April 10th, 2022, 01:40 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

This is pretty easy for me, although no unique Varks is a downside.

1. Tomoe Gozen: She makes the Samurai stronger and much more fun to play.

2. Haduc: The 9th Elf Wizard.

3. Zogross Hardscale: Not the strongest, but he opens up a fun new way to play Greenscales.

4. Zaeus: Gorillinator Attack Bonding is sick.

5. Azurite Warlord: The Armocs finally have a good bonding hero.

I considered Omegacron, Morgoloth, Gorillitroopers, and Dreadguls, but they feel much less essential.
Old April 10th, 2022, 02:04 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'd probably pick some of my favorites
Quahon
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
Mounted Hrognak
Ashi-Dhulu
Arashara Goshiri
Old April 10th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

1. Azurite Warlord
2. Dreadguls
3. B-11s
4. Omegacron
5. Mok
Old April 10th, 2022, 03:58 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a fun one.

1. Quahon
2. Quahon
3. Quahon
4. Quahon
5. Quahon

Wait...I think I did that wrong

My actual guiding principle would be the units that I think bring the most out of existing classic 'Scape figures.

1. Quahon (obv)
2. Kuthnak (adds a ton to the blade gruts and I like the way he impacts them in the cheese meta)
3. Haduc (crucial for elf wizards)
4. Omegacron (crucial for 'crons)
5. Gothlok (questionable inclusion, but the lack of flag bearers for 2 generals was a big issue for me and this is one of them)

Close inclusions:

6. Dreadgul (bonding for Jotun & Guilty is a nice niche)
7. Hoplitron (X17 is fun and they help him)
8. Lao Xin (monks need help. lots of help. and he is some help)
9. Zogross (only because a classic card mentions his role and never filled it)
Old April 10th, 2022, 04:31 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just really getting into VC, so I don't even know all the units. But of the ones I do know/ have used here's my list

1. Zombie Hulk - zombies have been my favorite army, and he makes them playable in way more matchups
2. Haduc - Elves are way high on my list as well, and Haduc makes them much better
3. Asterios - Arguably the coolest sculpt in the game
4. Rygarn - haven't actually used him, but just got the figure and am excited for potential splash builds
5. Marutuk - another of my favorite sculpts, and such a great anti Q9

Honorable Mention: Cathar, Gothlok, Hrognak, Ebon Armor, & Clayton Pierce.

Might be in, but I've just never played them bc new to VC: B-11, Quahon, Omegacron

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs