Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 20th, 2016, 09:07 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Yeah, Arcane Exchange is very potent but as you say, as a d20 power it has an easy dial to turn if the design isn't working right for you.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:06 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I will probably end up dialing down the Arcane Exchange and dialing up her points some. Thanks for all your input!

In the meantime, here's some Elementals for you all!

First up: Tar!

Spoiler Alert!

I picked 3 of these guys up for $1 each. I don't own the Obsidian Guards (my VW set is ersatz), but rather than make them proxies for a so-so unit I decided to do my best to improve on their design. The Tar Elementals will work with Kurrok, and while they do like Lava terrain, they can still do ranged damage without it. Sticky Tar is a tweaked version of Cyberclaw.

In addition to Kurrok, they also have synergy with my other fire guys, the Magma Elementals, the Flame Wraiths, and Vukanaar.

Next up: Ice!

Spoiler Alert!

I forgot to label the figure, these are Heroclix "Living Lightning," also about $1 each.

"Ice Cold" is of course lifted from the Greater Ice Elemental. I gave them Dauntless Hero Bonding so you could use them as a pseudo-squad of two (with four ranged SAs per turn), or to activate the GIE, or to work with this dude:

Spoiler Alert!

They'll also work with Vurgoyle and Scytale's Myconid Guards, and a smattering of C3G figures.

I had a number of different ideas to round out their power set -- using a weaker version of Ice Spikes, for instance, or increasing their defense while on ice or snow (similar to the C3G "Ice Resistance" power). But flinging shards of ice works for me thematically, and means you can give some range to a GIE + Hjalmar + Ice Elemental build, which I am eager to try!

Thanks for taking a look. I have a new faction coming together. Stay tuned!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great work on all these Ish. I really like the Tar Elemental in particular. Kurrok could make good use of that one

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 27th, 2016, 11:29 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

The Namesakes

I'd acquired a bunch of modern police / detective-type figures, and thought a Lawman faction would be fun to build. Somewhere along the line the "namesake" idea occured to me; hence the story that explains why the ancestors / descendants all show up in Valhalla. As always, these cards haven't been tested yet, so everything's subject to change and open to suggestion. As currently priced, the heroes will make a 500 unit army.

Some (Carr, Maverick, Woo) are directly inspired by their namesakes. Lt. Murphy & Sgt. McCreech have coordination, initiative & bonding leadership powers. The "Law & Order" power common to several units serves two functions: it gives them +1 in melee (since the figure is engaged with a Lawman), and also +1 on ranged attacks if the defender is engaged with a different Lawman. Woo's version ("Backup") only works with non-adjacent figures, since he already has the auto-skull on melee attacks. "Way of Win Chiu" is directly lifted from C3G's "Close Combat Expert".

I've taken many liberties with the story, which is set after Vydar's betrayal. Apologies for stuff that's non-canon, and to @wriggz for using Flettu as I needed an Aquilla Kyrie to show up.

Here are all the units together, if you don't feel like reading the story:
Spoiler Alert!

The Kyrie met on the shore of the Sigling Sea at the appointed hour.

Raelin looked up and down the beach. She did not like the thick morning fog that rolled off the water. Too many possible surprises. Especially when meeting with a traitor. She beat her silver wings with impatience, causing interesting vortices in the air.

Saylind's eyes were scanning the line of trees that paralleled the shore, trying to read the movement of leaves. In the fog, the trees looked like looming figures, waiting to charge. His spear glimmered slightly. If an attack did come, he was ready to get as many to safety as he could.

Flettu had been sent as Aquilla's Herald. The other Kyrie did not know her, as the Moon Tribe mostly kept to themselves. Her bright wings were folded back like a butterfly at rest, and she gazed out at the point where the water disappeared into the fog.

The Empress Kiova spread her feathered wings regally, unperturbed. Whatever his military prowess, Vydar was, still, only a General. She was an Empress. And besides, her loyal Imperium were on patrol. What was there to fear?

The sun shone weakly through the fog as they waited, along with the humans who had been requested to attend this unusual meeting.

A horn sounded, three notes in succession -- the Imperium had spotted Vydar's party. Kiova nodded to the other Kyrie. That particular horn call meant that the approaching General was not arrayed for battle, but also not alone. Yet Raelin and Saylind did not relax. Flettu arranged her scroll and spread her iridescent wings. The Empress assumed a station of honor before the others.

And then General Vydar himself stepped from out of the fog, walking as casually and confidently as if he were entering his own palace. Flanking him were Agent Carr and James Murphy, bearing the Vydar standard and the Herald's flag. And behind them, other heroes that none recognized. A large enough party, in fact, to evenly match their own, should things go that way.

None of the Kyrie present had seen Vydar since he had broken with the Alliance. Hands went toward weapons instinctively, but the clatter of weapons silenced as the Empress held up her hand.

"General Vydar. We welcome you here, as you have requested, under the Herald's banner of truce. By the terms of the Wellspring Compact, none may offer violence at this conference. Yet I see you have not come alone."

Vydar bowed to the Empress -- he knew his protocol still -- and acknowledged the other Kyrie. "And I see that my fellow generals have sent yourselves instead of coming personally. Well, no matter. You will hear my story, which touches on all of us, and especially on these humans here. We are here to talk, not to fight. Not today, at least." With that, Vydar drew his guns -- and offered them, with the barrels pointing at his own breast, to the Empress. Protocol. In response she unbuckled her sword, still sheathed, and plunged it into the sand. The general holstered his guns. Raelin had not realized she had been holding her breath.

"We shall relay your message to General Einar, as will Raelin to Jandar, Saylind to Ullar, and Flettu to Aquilla. What is it you wish to tell us? Your request to meet with us, and with specific warriors in our armies, has been a source of great curiosity since we received your scroll a fortnight past."

"It is a curious matter I wish to relay. As do your commanding generals, I am ever attentive to the timestream, looking for those heroes I might bring under Vydar's banner. You know Agent Carr, of course. He told me of an ancestor of his, a Lawman of Earth in their 20th Century. Cut down in the line of duty as he confronted a gang of criminals in his city. I thought this human might join us, and so I opened a portal at the place and time that Agent Carr told me of. My fellow Kyrie, allow me to present Agent Carr's great-grandfather, Detective Addison Carr.

Spoiler Alert!

The detective stepped forward next to his descendant. Both were about the same age here in Valhalla, although more than a century separated them. The resemblance was clear, as much in their attitude than anything.

"As has happened before, more than one hero was worthy enough to step through the portal I had opened. The leader of their Lawman group, Lieutenant Jane Murphy, has also joined our ranks." A woman came forward, her overcoat billowing in the sea breeze, matching the duster of the cowboy next to her.

Spoiler Alert!

"In speaking with her, a curious fact came to light -- she is the great-granddaughter of my Lawman, James Murphy."

"But the odds of that happening are --"

"Yes, Saylind, they are astronomically small. But smaller still were the chances of the next hero to appear. Did Deadeye Dan accompany you, as I requested?" Ullar's sharpshooter stepped forward, rifle slung over his shoulder. "Dan, I would like you to meet your great-grandson and namesake, Officer Daniel Maverick. I believe he takes after you in certain respects." The cowboy and the SWAT sniper clasped hands, and began quietly conversing about rangefinders.

Spoiler Alert!

Vydar motioned to Jandar's Lawman. "Mr. Sullivan! My I present your great-granddaughter, Detective Joan Sullivan?"

Spoiler Alert!

A number of uniformed policemen were behind her. In the fog, it was difficult to tell exactly how many. This was a common occurence in Valhalla. "Raelin, along with these brave heroes a number of police officers came through the portal. I believe that they are eager to join your ranks."

Spoiler Alert!

"Guilty McCreech, your great-grandson, Sergeant Al McCreech."

Spoiler Alert!

"And finally, for Aquilla. Flettu, there are no Lawmen in your ranks. But in that same shootout that brought these others to Valhalla was Detective James Woo -- your great-grandson, Master Woo." The detective bowed to his ancestor, whose martial arts had been handed down through the family.

Spoiler Alert!

"I am still confounded, General. How can these disparate heroes here in Valhalla all have relations with one group of lawmen in the same time? This cannot be a matter of coincidence."

"No, Raelin, I think not. It is beyond my ability to explain."

Flettu spoke for the first time. "Perhaps, General, it is like this. I stand here in Ostrivick and throw this stone into the Sigling Sea." She picked up a pebble and did so. "My brother Saylind stands in Ekstrom at the same time, and does the same, while my sister Raelin throws her stone in Nastralund and my sister -- er, Her Majesty throws a stone into the same sea from the shores of Laur. Each stone makes a ripple in the water. And as those ripples spread out --"

"Yes, it is possible, they could converge at a single point. Well spoken. The opening of portals could cause fluctuations in the timestream. And if those fluctuations meet, the point of convergence could result in an historical aberration."

Of the Lawmen new to Valhalla, it was Lt. Murphy who spoke first. "I don't pretend to know just what is going on here, and why. But now that we're here, what is to become of us? I understand from James that you all are fighting each other. And against some 'nasty critters of ill repute,' as he put it." Her great-grandfather gave a toothy grin. "But I won't let your conflict split us apart."

"In other words," the sergeant cut in, "whatever beef you all got, we won't fight each other, that's for damn sure."

"And we won't fight against our own kin," said Detective Woo, stepping closer to his ancestor.

Maverick continued. "I'm glad that we're still on the job here in the afterlife, or wherever we are. We can keep on doing what's right. Protect and serve.

"We're cops, not soldiers," said Detective Sullivan. "Maybe that difference doesn't mean much to you. But it means everything to us. We will fight if we have to, kill if we must. But it's to keep the peace, not to win any wars."

"Well spoken, all. Although I have brought you all here, it is clear that you will not all serve under my banner. Blood calls to blood. And it is also clear that you will not be separated. So your question remains, Lieutenant. What will become of you?"

"A solution has occurred to us, General. To the west of our palace lies Crumland, and beyond that Athenoek. There is a town, Farsund, on the western coast. It is a haven for those Kyrie who do not wish to take part in our wars, for refugees of Valhalla displaced by the fighting, and for deserters from all of the Seven Armies. It is growing fast. The Master of Farsund, Arlend, has appealed to us and to General Einar for troops to maintain law and order. But we have none to spare."

"It sounds like our kind of beat, your Majesty."

"We do not know what this 'beat' is of which you speak, sergeant. But if you will all accept this commission, we will send word to Master Arlend in advance of your arrival."

There was a short conference among the police.

"Your Majesty, we accept your offer."

"Now just hold your horses!" "Shotgun" Sullivan addressed the four Kyrie. "We've served you folk faithfully, and fought hard. But we can't just meet our kin one minute and send them off into danger the next. They don't know Valhalla or what they're up against. They don't know the territory. It ain't right. If Detective Joan here is gonna wear the badge, then I'm gonna stand with her."

And so it was that the Lawmen of Valhalla all elected to go and keep the peace in Farsund. Agent Carr elected to stay with Vydar's troops; Master Woo needed to assist the Shaolin Monks, but promised to make the journey to the coast of Athenoek to visit his descendant and continue his training.

Saylind turned to the other Kyrie. "I can send them, but for a group of this size I shall need your assistance." And so five Kyrie grasped the Spear of Summoning. Saylind warned all present to close their eyes, and at a word the spear grew bright enough to burn off all the morning fog.

When they opened their eyes, Saylind and the Lawmen were gone. Without a word the others parted ways, to face each other as enemies or fight as allies another day.

Soon the tide had washed away all evidence of the meeting -- save for a single ripple that was still spreading toward the far shores of the Sigling Sea.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old December 28th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I've taken many liberties with the story, which is set after Vydar's betrayal. Apologies for stuff that's non-canon, and to @wriggz for using Flettu as I needed an Aquilla Kyrie to show up.
Nice work, No apologies necessary. I'm sure the name Flettu means something in some language, but my memory has failed.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 28th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting faction. Lots of units; all I'll say is that "I'm getting too old for this." is a great power.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 29th, 2016, 05:00 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
OK, so let's look at our next contestant on Crawl That Dungeon, it's that crazy prince with all the toys, Prince Ahmed!

Credit for the Diplomacy power goes to @Grishnak (although I reworded it so blame goes to me for any loopholes I opened in so doing). Royal Treasury could of course be broken with an overpowered custom Treasure Glyph. But he's too princely to stoop to such tactics.
The Prince is very cool ~ but yes, he's probably a little broken.

uber-competitive version >>

Prince Ahmed ... 100 {gains Disengage treasure}
Q-9 ... 280 {gains Healing Potion from Ahmed}
Raelin RotV ... 360 {gains Healing Potion from Ahmed}
Deathreavers x3 ... 480
Marcu ... 500

Of course, I'm picking on an Army of A+ figures. I personally think Healing Potions are the best treasures for big heroes. Doesn't work as well for Bonding heroes but still solid if you time it right.

Might be fun to drop treasure glyphs on the Marro Hive too!!!

I still like the design, so maybe you can limit it to some of the lesser powered treasures.

The other powers are very cool, too.

Keep up the great work and inspiration!!
Old December 29th, 2016, 09:13 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Very cool idea to expand the game by using callbacks to older figures! I'll have to keep that in mind for C3V if we ever run into appropriate figures.

Quote:
By the way I updated my versions of your Invisible Woman and Dr. Octopus cards based on your lava update:

Spoiler Alert!
FYI, I also updated my Spider-Man and Venom cards recently. Sorry to make you waste ink and paper with all my tinkering...
Old January 3rd, 2017, 05:09 PM

Some overdue replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Nice work, No apologies necessary. I'm sure the name Flettu means something in some language, but my memory has failed.
Apparently, Google translate has “Fletta” as “Scroll” in Icelandic. Appropriate! I have her now, by the by, along with 3x of your Moon Tribe. And, finally, Durtil Ironskin, who was just too awesome not to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Interesting faction. Lots of units; all I'll say is that "I'm getting too old for this." is a great power.

~TAF
Thanks! That’s my favorite power too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
The Prince is very cool ~ but yes, he's probably a little broken.

[. . . .]

Of course, I'm picking on an Army of A+ figures. I personally think Healing Potions are the best treasures for big heroes. Doesn't work as well for Bonding heroes but still solid if you time it right.

Might be fun to drop treasure glyphs on the Marro Hive too!!!

I still like the design, so maybe you can limit it to some of the lesser powered treasures.

The other powers are very cool, too.

Keep up the great work and inspiration!!
Thanks! I think we discussed an earlier version of the Prince before. I probably should limit it to small and medium Heroes, that is a good catch and will prevent him from powering up a Giant, Dragon, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Very cool idea to expand the game by using callbacks to older figures! I'll have to keep that in mind for C3V if we ever run into appropriate figures.

FYI, I also updated my Spider-Man and Venom cards recently. Sorry to make you waste ink and paper with all my tinkering...
Feel free to steal the idea! It was fun to think about and use the official figures as a springboard for design, as well as giving them synergy etc. Oh, and now that I figured out just what was changed, I have updated my Spider-Man and Venom cards. I like them better now.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:26 AM

I’ve mucked about with making a card for The Doctor before, and the Christmas special inspired me to give it another shot:

I’ve taken inspiration from three different designs: @Matt Helm , @A3n , and Heroes of Fiction.

I liked the stats on the HoF version. The attack of zero felt right, since he doesn’t do a lot of actual fighting. (Although apparently he can defeat Robin Hood with a spoon.) Mostly he just does something “Brilliant” that the enemy cannot defend against. So I kept Brilliant SA (from HoF and MH), changed Sonic Screwdriver, used MH/A3n’s Run! (slightly modified), and used MH’s Regeneration power. Dropped the stats by 2 Life, since there’s the (very strong) possibility of regeneration. I’m still on the fence about which version of Regeneration to use. MH uses Rejected By Death (10% chance every turn), while A3n has his at 25%, but at the start of each round. The former is of course more reliable, especially if you have bonding units that let you take multiple turns per OM. I am considering changing Regeneration, so you roll after revealing a numbered OM, not every turn. Especially because of Amy Pond:

For Amy, I used A3n’s base stats for Martha Jones, which seemed about right character-wise. “Doctor!” also worked to translate to Amy. But what else for Amy? She is very strong-willed and a major driver of the plot, but not a major player in a Heroscape-type fight (despite the alt-Amy from “The Girl Who Waited”). I thought that re-theming Combat Leader as “Ginger” would work for her, and The Girl Who Waited gives her a boost to The Doctor’s regeneration chances. Over multiple rolls, that 5% difference compounds! My concern right now with her is that she is mostly a passive support figure; you’d want to keep her away from the fray, which makes sense tactically I suppose but doesn’t feel Amy. Another option would be to change the initiative roll boost to an OM boost — give her bonding with a Time Lord or another Companion?

Rory is another tricky one. He’s a nurse, so I used A3n’s Healer from Martha Jones. And he’s a rebooted Roman (I’m using Marcus DG as the figure), hence “The Last Centurion”. Loyal Companion gives him the “hands off my wife” moment.

Captain Jack Harkness is directly taken from Matt Helm’s version. Just has Vydar now, and John Barrowman’s deadly cheekbones.

And here's my attempt at River Song:

Right now I'm using the Star Wars "Arica" figure. The hair is all wrong, of course. I may attempt some Green Stuff sculpting! Unless anyone has a better suggestion for a River proxy...

Hey, how about some bad guys?

I made some slight changes to A3n’s Assault Daleks. Clarified Dalek Shields (and moved disengage to the Movement power.) I also changed their class to Cyborg, so they are covered by my version of the Sonic Screwdriver now.

I’m using the “Character Builder” Dalek figures.

For the Cybermen, Cyborg is now the class, with “Humanoid” as the species (you see there are two versions of the Cybermen from two different planets and… yeah, go read about it.) I simplified Electro-Touch somewhat. And I didn’t quite understand “Cyberman Armour” as an “Explosive Attack” is not really defined. So I upped their base Defense to 6 and left it at that.

The figure is a Heroclix “M11”. They’re not actually that expensive; I should just pick up some more. (More minis! More!!!)

And, just to complete things, here’s my Weeping Angel, previously posted:

And the “Constructed Destructible Object” version of The TARDIS:

(In case you need a refresher on my made-up rules for Constructed DO’s, you can read this:

My first TARDIS design is below:

The TARDIS ¤. Making the noise is optional. 40 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Well, that's all for now! I seriously need to update my index posts...

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old January 31st, 2017, 02:53 PM

It's been a while since I posted a card. Here's a Velociraptor for you:

Those are Horrorclix Velociraptors which are sadly not that available. I managed to get my hands on 3 of them. I took the basic idea from this post from @JC McMinis . Once you get low on other Velociraptors for Pack hunting you can switch over to Pounce and Spider bonding.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 11:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards