Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What else are you in at GC this year?

Hey All,

Just figured if we shared what other cool stuff we where in at GC others may see something they think is cool. Sadly I am really not in anything else besides lots of HS and the Board game Library Sat. Night.

I always hit the Ascension 8 person tourneyments from 8-10 pm on the hour ( although I think they run most of the day ), to get the new Promo cards they are giving out and selling this year. Last year we had 4 in a 8 person tourney and we all did terrible - twice, he he ( still got cards ). Oh yea just show up with Generic tickets. They want as many people as they can get.

I would have loved the AEG big game night, but I couldn't get tickets till day 2, and it went with in seconds I think.

I tend to have a handful of generics and just what I can get into last minute since HS takes up most of my time ( well, not last year but it will this year. )

So what are attending or hoping to attend at GC?

Game On'

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 7th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What else are you in at GC this year?

I'm doing the LotR LCG and True Dungeon with Lonewolf. Playing in a few Dragon Dice tourneys (of course). Hoping to get into a Mage Wars and / or X-wing tourney. Also plan on doing a Mtg draft at some point with a few buddies.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; June 7th, 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Forgot he swindled me into True Dungeon...again...
Old June 7th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am playing Grishnak's Super'Scape on Wednesday and I want to try to do more free gaming during the day as well as tour the local museum.

I am running my RPG(Heroes or Dead), Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and can hopefully squeeze in some Heroscape during the day.

I really want to get in True Dungeon this year or maybe one of those Zombie Apocalypse LARP stay-soft gun scenarios and perhaps a RPG. I also need to search for new minis for C3G.

I doubt I will have time for them all but a guy can dream. I am getting excited already for this year.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm playing Adventure Time: Card Wars.
Old June 7th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I was disappointed we couldn't get AEG event night tickets. Otherwise we got most of what we wanted: Shadowrun RPG, Star Realms tournaments, and Scape.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:47 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Have you played a lot of Shadowrun, Dad Scaper?
I always loved the setting but was not overly fond of the system.
Do you play any other RPGs?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:43 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After some thinking I ended up changing my schedule a bit. I really didnt want to devote an entire day to one event but they are only running 1 SWLCG event thats not 2v2. I also fell in love with the MTG Conspiracy draft we did at my LGS yesterday that I just had to do one of the events at the Con. The only magic I play anymore is either draft or commander so Conspiracy really hit the nail on the head for me. Im even thinking of redoing my Cube to mirror what Conspiracy does. I am a bit disappointed I missed out on the X-Wing events but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some games at some point.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No, T, no other RPGs. We've never played that one, either, because we normally play 2 player head to head games. I played D&D and Champions when I was a teenager, though,and I wanted to introduce him to that type of gaming. I liked the world and I heard the game system is simple.

= =
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM

Cool. I hope you get a good GM. I have found that is really the most important aspect of enjoying an RPG.

That should be fun for you. I did enjoy the games I played in but there were a few aspects I did not care for too much.
My advice is figure out what you are best at and stick with it. I was running a brute of a Troll and found I was better off smashing things with makeshift weapons(like a door ripped off its hinges) over shooting a gun.
I think everything goes off of six sided dice and was fairly straightforward except magic which could get a bit tricky.

I look forward to hearing how it went.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, T. I hope your RPG is a big success. I figured they'd have good GMs at GenCon, right? Either way, I'll let you know.

= =
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Yes, usually. I have run into a couple who were a little over ambitious(too many players). We will have three GMs for six players.

The best ones I have been in have been hosted by Palladium but we played in one last year(Six-cess?) that was a blast even though I had no idea exactly how the system worked. No matter, I never attacked anyone and got by on my wits and good looks.

The GM was a good sport as we completely derailed the game at one point. Everyone at that table was an incredibly good gamer.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm also hoping to get in on Grishnakh's Super 'Scape on Wednesday night. I'm in a few HS events and then I haven't decided yet which other events I want to do. There are (or were, at least) still some casual Star Realms events I was interested.

I might check out the areas where wannabe designers let people playtest their games (maybe I'll even have a game of my own to bring by that time) or the open gaming halls.

Would have liked to do some Pathfinder or D&D events, but I think they were all sold out. Maybe I'll get in with some generics.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con