Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Converting MIDI to MP3

I'm trying to convert some MIDI files to MP3 files, but it isn't working. I just downloaded Blaze Media Pro. I need help!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
Re: Converting MIDI to MP3

I'm not sure, but I think the MIDI source has to be played and then you can record the audio. You can do this through your systems mixer (windows), and an analog recorder. Hope this helps...
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:00 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokshilaTo View Post
I'm not sure, but I think the MIDI source has to be played and then you can record the audio. You can do this through your systems mixer (windows), and an analog recorder. Hope this helps...
So you record it directly onto the computer? I suppose I could get one of those cables, so that there isn't much echoing and stuff.

Old October 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?

I assumed your source was already on the computer, sorry. What is your source? If it has stereo out, you can just plug it into the line in on your computer. Or maybe you have digital (coax or optical) ins and outs?
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM

Astronaut Jones is surprisingly tart

I don't know much about midi, my synths don't have it and I'm not sure what Blaze Pro Media is; I use Adobe Audition and a 12-track recorder. At least for both of those, tracks recorded through midi can then be mixed down into wav or mp3 files using the program/unit itself. I wouldn't be surprised if that program can do it as well.

If you can give me more info on it, I can ask friends of mine who know alot more about it than me.

"Whoa hold on! There's still plenty of meat on that bone."
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM

Khenemutankh is surprisingly tart

A midi file itself has no sound. A midi file triggers sound from another unit that does have sound. If you have a midi file, you'll have to open it with something that can read midi files and trigger the sounds from another source. I know this sounds a bit confusing, I don't know the best way to explain it.

If you have some way to send the midi file, I can put it in to Reason and try to apply the proper instruments to each part, but that could come out wonky.

Look up midi notation software, I believe it is able to translate a midi file in to audio.

If you want to send me the midi file, send it to EtherealFlame1200@Hotmail.com

Good luck,

-E.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM

notjedge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Converting MIDI to MP3

Keep in mind quality is never as good. Loss of quality from the creation of the MP3 can not be restored by converting it back to a file for CD.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Try downloading Audacity, loading up a file in one format, then exporting it as another. It has worked for me with mp3 to wav... I don't know how many file types are supported, but it works with quite a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
I'm trying to convert some MIDI files to MP3 files, but it isn't working. I just downloaded Blaze Media Pro. I need help!
Elaborate.

I use the FL studio demo to save my MIDIs as MP3s.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:41 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

I don't know if you ever got this resolved but like the others have said we need more info to be able to help you.

If it were me I'd load it in Cubase, assign VST instruments as I thought appropriate and export as a .wav file. If I needed it to be mp3 I'd run it through Audacity to convert.

I realize this probably won't help as most casual users don't have Cubase (or FL Studio, or Logic, or Reason, etc) but without more info none of us can really help.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:07 AM

Oh, I got it resolved. I got a link for www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3 That site really helped me. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music