Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 25th, 2009, 12:54 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Marro Dividers

The Book of Marro Dividers
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - "Dividers and Defenders"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: NA

A. Yes. According to the wording on the card, a successful roll for CELL DIVIDE means the defending figure takes no wounds and "if possible" a previously-destroyed Divider may be placed adjacent to the defending Divider. This means that if it is not possible to place another Divider adjacent, either because there isn't space or because no Dividers have yet been destroyed, the Defending Divider may still be saved any damage from the attack.

CELL DIVIDE: & Area-Attacks:
Q. If a Marro Divider is the target of an area-attack (such as Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan's SHOTGUN BLAST) and that Divider rolls successfully for CELL DIVIDE, is the newly-cloned Divider also affected by the area-attack?

A. No. A newly-cloned figure would not be affected by the attack.

Synergy Benefits Received
- MARRO HIVE: Hive Mind
As a medium common marro squad, Marro Dividers may benefit from Marro Hive’s HIVE MIND ability.

- SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy

Belonging to the Marro race, Marro Dividers may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY d20 enhancement.

- TUL-BAK-RA : Teleport Reinforcements
Belonging to the Marro Race, Marro Dividers may benefit from Tul-Bak-Ra's TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS summoning.
Synergy Benefits Offered
NA
Synergy Benefits Revoked
- MARRO REBIRTH : Marro Hive
(Marro Replicators: Self-Replicating)
*The Book of Marro Hive

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Tul-Bak-Ra and Dividers Preview Discussion thread

Marro Dividers - What's your army idea?

Build a competitive army around Tul-Bak-Ra & Marro Dividers

Power Rankings

Jexik: Marro Dividers- It's a good thing the Dividers can't be revived with the Hive. A-

OEAO: B+

Cleon: Tier 7 (49/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by superfrog; April 5th, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Marro Dividers

But the Dividers can be activated with the Hive's Mind Link.

I like the Dividers with the Hive as a middle phase of the battle. Start off with Drones or Stingers, wait until a bunch have died, then send in the Dividers to fight until they're gone, all the while rebirthing the figures killed in the first phase.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

As Tai-Pan pointed out, just 2 posts above you , the Hive CAN be used to activate the Dividers while still trying for rebirth, as long as you have other dead stingers/drones/drudge laying around.
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that the real question is are they better than the Drones?

The Drones have 6 move, while the Dividers have 5. They both cost the same, etc.

The Drones can be rebirthed by the hive, but the dividers can't. They can both take a turn with Mind Link, however.

Now for their specials. The Dividers have a 20% chance to ignore any wounds and rebirth. Note that this works against Magestic Fires.

The Drones have a 20% chance to move six Drones, and 20% chance to move nine. Altogether, they have 40% chance to move at least six.

I think that the Drones are better, but the Dividers still sound awesome!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I think that they're comparable, yet different. The drones are more offensive- they average about 4.8 attacks per activation- that's 1.6 more than their squad size would normally tell you.

The Dividers are more defensive- they last about 1.6 times longer than their numbers would normally tell you.

I see them working well in tandem, especially with Su-Bak-Na and/or the Hive in a really big army, not used to replace each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I think that they're comparable, yet different. The drones are more offensive- they average about 4.8 attacks per activation- that's 1.6 more than their squad size would normally tell you.

The Dividers are more defensive- they last about 1.6 times longer than their numbers would normally tell you.

I see them working well in tandem, especially with Su-Bak-Na and/or the Hive in a really big army, not used to replace each other.
I'm not sure about that. The last time I told a Drone he smelled offensive, he got pretty defensive.

I'm hoping they will work decently as a cheap screen for the Groks. Hit one, he splits in half, and you can place the new one on any unoccupied space of the 6 around him, hopefully keeping your opponent locked down and away from your Groks. Particularly now that TBR can move everybody around and grab them out of engagements, I am hoping this combo works.

What's that, Rev? "This kind of speculation isn't what the Books are for"? Oh, Sorry.
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

As Swamper mentioned, they can replicate against Zelrig's special, meaning they offer a potential common squad cure to his common squad killer antics.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:31 AM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

The cell divide ability looks pretty handy. When measured against other similar powers of wound negation (home tree aura, death defy, stealth armor), it's a hair a weaker, but the ability to bring back a destroyed unit more than balances it out.
But playing against them, I would have a hard time shooting at these fella's and not have the Sorcerer's Apprentice running through my head.

Yeah, I agree... why no Hive lovin'? don't seem right to me.
I think it's a ploy to get people to buy 5+ sets of them.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think these guys would be one of the better options for TKR's teleport reinforcement abilities. If they get teleported behind enemy lines they are the one squad that can reinforce itself. Any other squad would be isolated and probably get wiped out pretty fast, whereas with the dividers with a little luck they can multiply and cause all sorts of havoc.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If these guys could be Hive-rebirthed, they'd completely overshadow the Drones. As it is, you can have Drones + Hive to replenish them, or Dividers, that can replenish themselves but lack the swarm movement...I think it's a good balance.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've been posting this all over the place, but these guys are really starting to grow on me. With Su-Bak-Ba on their team, and against an attack of 3, they have almost a 62% chance of surviving (without SBN it's still almost 60%), and almost a 13% chance per attack of giving you another figure (49.1% chance of blocking the attack + 12.725% chance of being killed and hitting Cell Divide). That means, if the Dividers are attacked 8 times with 3 dice, on average they'll lose two figures. I'll take that.

At 500 points, I think I'd really like to try:

Su-Bak-Na - 160
Nagrubs x2 - 220
Dividers x5 - 470
Guilty - 500, 24 hexes

My only beef about them now is that they come in a pack with Ullar's Protectors, which is probably going to be an expensive common squad that I don't need 5 of. Just like the Minions and Drones.... ahh well.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

While it looks like you are gaining one additional figure when a cell divide is successful, you are actually gaining two new figures because the original one doesn't die. That's pretty crazy. Neither water clone nor zombies rise give you two new figures. It can also keep your divider standing on a glyph or place a figure into engagement with an opponent's unengaged figure (who is about to attack) during their attack phase - preventing them from attacking your other figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units