Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Stepbrothers

I went out with my girlfriend tonight to catch the 7:20 showing of Stepbrothers at my local theater, and I'm very happy that I did. This movie is hilarious. I don't know how else to sum it up. Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are funny as anything and the entire movie, start to finish, is really just non-stop laughs. There was a lot of crude humor, but that's to be expected. Unlike a few comedies I've seen lately, the story of this movie really doesn't seem off-place or take away from the funny. Ferrell and Reilly are just two big kids, it almost reminded me of the 40 Year Old Virgin in a way.

Anyway, if you've thought about seeing it or if you love comedies, heck even if you don't, I highly recommend this movie to everyone. That being said, it is rated R.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Stepbrothers

I would very much have to disagree with you Chilli... I found most of the humor very immature. Basically, they think merely saying profanities and making inappropriate anatomical references is funny. You can merely say the word, and not incorporate it into a joke and then it will be funny. It had a few funny moments, I will give it that, but overall I would save it for a rental if that. For me, it was not only a waste of 9 bucks, but a waste of my Saturday evening.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought it was funny, but not their best. It wasn't even as good as Talladega Nights in that at least that had a plot and a moral and this was just spliced together for lulz. And nothing can touch Anchorman. I'm glad I saw it, it had some good one-liners, but not the best from this group.

EDIT: And they left the best part, as in the trailer (He'll NEVER know you're gone!) out. The one liners (The best friends thing) saved this movie, but, that's really it.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old August 6th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

So what you're saying is apart from the line "Boats and Hos!" this movie was worthless? I'd agree.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceitfulBeauty View Post
And nothing can touch Anchorman.
You know it!

I will still see this movie even though I didn't really like Talledega Nights.
Old August 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceitfulBeauty View Post
And nothing can touch Anchorman.
You know it!

I will still see this movie even though I didn't really like Talledega Nights.
I didn't either! I always hear people talking about how that was such a great movie compared to their other stuff but it really wasn't my favorite. I saw it, I enjoyed it, but it really wasn't all that great. In my opinion the story was what got in the way in that case. I went to see a comedy, I want to laugh. It had some laughs but, I don't know, meh.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old August 9th, 2008, 03:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Must be nice to have $30 to blow on a movie that you could watch on your TV and get the same level of enjoyment out of.
Old August 9th, 2008, 03:29 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
So what you're saying is apart from the line "Boats and Hos!" this movie was worthless? I'd agree.

I feel the same way. It's not something I'd watch more than once, if that.

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies