Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 14th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!
Jandar the Paladin - Where are the Jandar Customs?

I have been going through the customs I have been creating not to mention those created by individuals and projects on this site and it strikes me that Jandar is under represented.

As the Chief Protagonist you would think that Jandar would get more love, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It is said that the Paladin was created in D&D to give people a reason to play a lawful good character, that the combination of healing and damage dealing was the over powered incentive to play an otherwise bland yet demanding character that could make a whole campaign grind to a halt at the slightest suggestion of a moral dilemma.

Is this why Jandar falls to the wayside? Coming up with a Pure and Good units is either too boring or to predictable that the majority of us shy away from it? I think Jandar needs to spice it up. I think Eltahale, Dzu-Teh and even Erevan were good starts, but we have a long way to go to make Jandar that star of again (think back to the days of Wave 2 where the KoW, 4th mass and Raelin ruled the day).

For Jandar!

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Jandar the Paladin - Where are the Jandar Customs?

I made a dragon for him, that doesn't count does it?

I think that people tend to find minis that're just so close to what Jandar already has that they place them in other generals. The knight figures from confrontation are quite often found fighting for Einar or even Aquilla, just because Jandar already has Knights. We could definately come up with more Jandar based things, though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - Apr 6 (Truly Unique 600 pt)
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:33 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

I'm actually doing a project at the moment to finish all the main armies off with 3-4 common units and 4-5 heroes per major army.

Some of the Units I have purchased but havent gotten quite around to painting yet and unfortunately wont until sometime next year, they are:

Tau Drones (Flight Common Squads)(3)

Chromium Chargers (Calvary Common Squads)(3)

Firewall (Hero)

The downside of these new units for Jandar means I'm going to be using alot of white paint in my airbrush

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:44 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Also Repainted this to

to this, it's not the best paint job ever but it works.

I wish more Models had a standardized paint scheme.

Old December 15th, 2014, 05:08 PM

iamadoorknob is surprisingly tart

I came up with these Jandar units recently....

Old December 15th, 2014, 05:42 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I've made many Jandar units -- but probably fewer than any other General, it's true. Partially I think it's about the timing of the releases -- Aquilla and Valkrill aren't "finished" so there's an urge to provide more units for them. Also figure availability -- most of the pre-painted figures I've used are fantasy (so Aquilla and Ullar), monsters and demons (so Utgar and Valkrill), robots and agents (Vydar) or historic (Einar). If we could find more good Vikings, and Soldiers etc. I think you'd see more Jandar units.

I do think you are right, it's a little more fun to design an Evil or Chaotic figure than a Lawful Good one. Heck, we have a healing Cleric and a Paladin in the game, and neither went to Jandar! Go figure.
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I think he has less because Jandar's units fit fine with most other generals. The 4th and Knights could easily go to Einar, for example.
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:47 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Kobolds of Idona Keep have something to say to you.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Marro_Warlord:
I think he has less because Jandar's units fit fine with most other generals. The 4th and Knights could easily go to Einar, for example.
Yeah... It's because he's a bland general. I have a hard time breaking up what goes to Jandar, Einar or Aquilla, I resolved this by modifying all knights that are classical Paladin types to Jandar and more the Demon Hunter to Aquilla. To be honest Einar has a pretty extreme double theme going on with Asian and European cultures, I know they are both Imperial but it's kinda difficult when you take the two biggest history cultures and put them in one general.

I guess Einar's is more Loyal to the King, where Jandar's is more loyal to the church? but then that goes with Aquilla's Holy hunters theme, it's a mess with a very thin distinction.

Templar = Jandar, Knight = Einar, Paladin = Aquilla? I dunno.

One thing I was planing to do with the confrontation Knights is make them into Camelot Knights of the Round Table and have Lancelot and such for Jandar, it would be a cool idea...

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

I'm sorry but as it stands the Kobolds seem wrong to me for Jandar.. Maybe I have killed to many in D&D.

So we have Knights, Heroic Soldiers, Omicrons, and Snow types (except Giants). Maybe it is lack of minis, maybe the theme lines are too hard and creating more of the same isn't as exciting. Really who wants to start a who new faction of Dwarfs or Elves to fit in with Jandar, when you can tap into under explored factions like Insect or Raptorian.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:42 PM

I'd love to see more Vikings to be honest, What is Valhalla without vikings... just a tarn land with a few odds and ends I guess.

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:47 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Gnomes? Dinosaurs? The list is quite small and basically requires them to be "Lawful Good". We've got Knights, but how about Lions or something of that sort. You know, like the KoW's lions on their sheilds. So you've got the KoW's pets or Knight Archers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards