Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 14th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Funny you say that, Jim, because now I'm not sure which I'd part with. I'll wait & see what the choices are.

Akden, I've kickstarted three including Pairs, but I thought I could go ahead with this one because (1) this looks like a game that will get played quite a bit, and (2) one of the others looks like it may not fund, so I figured I could do another.

I am resisting, or trying to resist, Kickstarting games that are expensive or unlikely to get played. Ask me again in a few months.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
For anyone interested in minatures and neat themes, I have found myself going "all in" yet again for Fireteam Zero.
I was in this and then I went Recon and now I am out of both. Is this growth? Am I learning restraint. Maybe Dad_Scaper is providing balance to the KS force. Seriously though, I would like to see extended gameplay of both. What little I saw of Recon was a little blah.
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
For anyone interested in minatures and neat themes, I have found myself going "all in" yet again for Fireteam Zero.
I was in this and then I went Recon and now I am out of both. Is this growth? Am I learning restraint. Maybe Dad_Scaper is providing balance to the KS force. Seriously though, I would like to see extended gameplay of both. What little I saw of Recon was a little blah.
Alternate History Game with good cheap minis?

WHY MUST I HAVE NO MONEY RIGHT NOW???
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's another thing, GO. I'm nervous about spending $80 on a gorgeous, thematic game with untested mechanics.

= =
Old March 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That's another thing, GO. I'm nervous about spending $80 on a gorgeous, thematic game with untested mechanics.
If you aren't going for a pledge with the stretch goals, which start at $140, you are better off waiting for retail anyway. Personally, I don't find the miniatures all that appealing. I would rather play Dust Warfare/Tactics which are bringing in an alien faction, possibly as soon as this year. I also have All Quiet on the Martian Front KS coming soon which will fill this space for me as well. Of course, all of this might not stop me from pledging, but mainly because it is pretty well established I have a disease and the prescription is more plastic (cowbell).
Old March 15th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Akden, I've kickstarted three including Pairs,
Rookie.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Akden, I've kickstarted three including Pairs,
Rookie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I know, I know, and like I said, I only did the third because it looked like the second wasn't going to fund. ().

I'm just trying to be particular, that's all. Risk 2210 is a really good game, but we don't like it as much as we like some of our others, so it /never/ gets to the table. I don't want to fill my basement with comparable games, no matter how deserving, and no matter how much of a bargain. That is the pep talk I give myself before I browse Kickstarter.

= =
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
That Recon looks pretty cool G-O. I have never played the MERCS system, but the Recon seems different as being a coop. Have you ever tried the other MERCS stuff?

Old March 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That Recon looks pretty cool G-O. I have never played the MERCS system, but the Recon seems different as being a coop. Have you ever tried the other MERCS stuff?
I read through Mercs 1.0 and was going to try it out, what seems like 2 years ago, but never did. I am interested in Recon, but the gameplay video they did was lifeless. I am a big fan of enemy signals moving around, like Recon, instead of knowing what and where the most difficult enemies are. It is one of the main reasons games like Galaxy Defenders is at the top of my list right now. We started trying this with Zombicide to throw a little unknown hordes into the mix. If a group would spawn out of line of sight, we put the card down and wait to flip it until it is in line of sight. That way it might flip at a higher threat level than originally and most likely be worse for us. Of course it helps when it would have been runners, so it isn't perfect.

I have to say I am about at saturation with games now. I have become relatively picky now because I am now struggling, even when it is just me, to figure out what to play. My buddy Stephen and I had games charted and would roll a d20 and and then a d4 to choose from about 80 games, if we couldn't figure it out, but now we would probably need 2 d20 rolls. That being said, I am KS 8 things right now, but only 6 are games.
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I am a big fan of enemy signals moving around, like Recon, instead of knowing what and where the most difficult enemies are. It is one of the main reasons games like Galaxy Defenders is at the top of my list right now.
You should try Space Hulk if you like the whole unknown movement thing. It adds a ton of tension to watch the blips move around and have no idea what they are, and as the Tyrannid player, it is great fun to surprise the Marine by flipping over a "3" blip when they least expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Oni View Post
I have to say I am about at saturation with games now. I have become relatively picky now because I am now struggling, even when it is just me, to figure out what to play. My buddy Stephen and I had games charted and would roll a d20 and and then a d4 to choose from about 80 games, if we couldn't figure it out, but now we would probably need 2 d20 rolls. That being said, I am KS 8 things right now, but only 6 are games.
Boy, again that sounds like a tough life.
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
I am a big fan of enemy signals moving around, like Recon, instead of knowing what and where the most difficult enemies are. It is one of the main reasons games like Galaxy Defenders is at the top of my list right now.
You should try Space Hulk if you like the whole unknown movement thing. It adds a ton of tension to watch the blips move around and have no idea what they are, and as the Tyrannid player, it is great fun to surprise the Marine by flipping over a "3" blip when they least expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Oni View Post
Boy, again that sounds like a tough life.

Yeah, I think the Recon gameplay video looked lackluster. I mean it could be a blast to play, but maybe not translate well in the video. Perhaps because there are a lot of decisions to make or whatever, the the play doesn't move really fast to capture the fun in video.

One thing our group is trying this year is the 10 x 10 resolution. Where we each choose 10 games we want to play 10 times each this year. Because we have so many members in the group, I think it will be impossible really to accomplish, as while there is some crossovers on the lists, schedules also dictate when those people can even get together and get some common listed games played. But, it does help us focus on some games that are either newer that we want to get played to get value from them, or ones that are older that we want to dust off and get played. So while we do play some games off the list, it does help to have a list to focus on. Last night I helped one guy when four of us played Tzolk'in on his list, he helped me get another game of Suburbia played from my list.

Never played Space Hulk, but did play the Death Angel? card game and that was pretty fun the one time I tried it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games