Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hellboy

Yeah, I do feel like he's stuck in counterdraft territory now. We really should beef up our investigator synergy.
Old July 14th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I do feel like he's stuck in counterdraft territory now. We really should beef up our investigator synergy.
Even when the thing he's meant to counter shows up, I'd rather fight it with Hercules most of the time.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 15th, 2018, 03:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Even when the thing he's meant to counter shows up, I'd rather fight it with Hercules most of the time.
Yeah, Hellboy is pretty terrible right now (one of a number of characters I'd never consider bringing to a tournament). All he has going for him is being a crappy counterdraft for several different things that you probably aren't seeing at one time. I seem to recall that he was mostly priced that high because of Lava Resistance, which I guess made sense at the time but seems to ignore that Hulkbuster effectively had the important part of Lava Resistance most of the time and is massively better than Hellboy for the same cost.

He'd be a lot better with some decent Investigator synergy though, as he'd be the strongest among them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 15th, 2018, 04:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I seem to recall that he was mostly priced that high because of Lava Resistance .....
Really? I don't find that power to be worth much of anything as I rarely play with the lava tiles. The handful of SA's it gives protection from isn't all that significant either.

I agree he is too much of a niche counter draft right now, blocking MD figures is cool and 8 base attack vs. Undead/Creatures/Demons/Huge figures is nice but lots of strong army builds don't feature any of those units. His ranged attack being a SA that sometimes doesn't even work, and when it does isn't all that strong hurts him too. I wish he were priced closer to what he does vs. everyone else and when those units show up he just over performs a bit. I don't think Investigator synergy can save him either.

Is there a price point where you would draft the card as is? My first instinct when considering the cards general purpose use is it's closer to a 320 point card. Maybe bump that up to 330 to account for the few times he gets to face his primary foes. That is still a 30 point miss on costing, which is why no one ever drafts him anymore in my games. And why I have to come up with some limited draft parameters in order to make him a more viable choice.
Old July 15th, 2018, 05:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah I think we used him once years ago and never again. A big shame as he's an awesome character.
Old July 15th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I think this guy and Judge Death are a couple of the few cases where I think we're highly justified reevaluating underpowered units, particularly due to the fact that they're effectively headliners for their respective universes (Hellboy as the main hero and Judge Death as the main villain).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 15th, 2018, 07:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I seem to recall that he was mostly priced that high because of Lava Resistance .....
Really? I don't find that power to be worth much of anything as I rarely play with the lava tiles. The handful of SA's it gives protection from isn't all that significant either.
Don't quote me on it, I just seem to remember that being a factor.

It is pretty valuable against the Magneto/Magma combo, more so before Lava got fiddled with twice. Though I feel most people just don't play that combo because Molten Lava is stupid.

Quote:
Is there a price point where you would draft the card as is?
Me personally? Nope. Like eventually he could be lowered to the point he could coast on stats, but I like cards to do things and I've no interest in counterdraft units even when they're actually good at their jobs.

If he gets decent Investigator synergy that would make me a lot more likely to draft him than any point change. Wouldn't be super thrilled that he didn't really do anything, but he'd at least have a place as the Investigator team's beatstick.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 15th, 2018, 09:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Are reevaluation requests still a thing that happens? Is it worth revisiting the points here?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:23 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm thinking a version 2 is more likely.
Old July 16th, 2018, 09:58 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Are reevaluation requests still a thing that happens? Is it worth revisiting the points here?

Yes and we are pretty close on finishing up any over powered cards. That is priority one. With the CRB we don't really have any new issues coming up. We've been hesitant to start under powered cards as we've discovered for most of those the better options were to design a new version or design support pieces that make the first version work. Personally I'm on the side that thinks if a card can be fixed with a price increase/decrease and nothing else that its' worth the effort but it looks like this isn't one of those so we are back to Version 2 or as SG-1 pointed out...Create a synergy for him to work with.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 16th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post

Yes and we are pretty close on finishing up any over powered cards. That is priority one. With the CRB we don't really have any new issues coming up. We've been hesitant to start under powered cards as we've discovered for most of those the better options were to design a new version or design support pieces that make the first version work. Personally I'm on the side that thinks if a card can be fixed with a price increase/decrease and nothing else that its' worth the effort but it looks like this isn't one of those so we are back to Version 2 or as SG-1 pointed out...Create a synergy for him to work with.
Those directions could work with this guy... they won't work for Judge Death, who I still maintain desperately needs a rework. He could so easily be made awesome.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 16th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I don't think synergy's gonna turn him into an a-lister or anything, but it would give him a niche.

I'd definitely take the approach of implementing some synergy for him before doing a Hellboy (II) - not that I have anything against an eventual second version, but implementing the BPRD as a faction that can help him out before doing another Hellboy lets the second one really be designed with both the faction and differentiation from Hellboy (I) in mind.

Also, creating some synergy would help out the other syenrgy-less investigators (man I gotta get on X-Factor stuff).

Also also, Margloth's been posting some really cool BPRD designs in the sanctum and I'd love to see something come of those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library