Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 25th, 2014, 02:41 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of 8th Infantry Pathfinder

The Book of 8th Infantry Pathfinder

C3V Wave 5 ("Wave 18") - Lodin's Discord - Sentinels of the Dark Hills

PDF Download

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set. Its model name is Howling Commando.

Character Bio: Loyally and selflessly, these brave men fight to the last for their country. With Marching Orders, the 8th Infantry Pathfinder will follow his commander into battle without hesitation. And once in position, these soldiers can start a Firefight like no one else.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Marching Orders
When revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Soldier Hero you control that follows Jandar, and after taking that Unique Soldier Hero's turn, you may move each 8th Infantry Pathfinder figure you control up to 5 spaces. A Pathfinder must be able to move adjacent to a Unique Soldier figure you control that follows Jandar in order to use Marching Orders.

Firefight
After revealing an Order Marker on an 8th Infantry Pathfinder, instead of taking a turn with a Pathfinder, you may choose up to three Pathfinders you control. One at a time, take a turn with each Pathfinder. During these turns, the chosen Pathfinders may not move.
    to that figure?

In order to use Marching Orders, you MUST end the movement adjacent to the figure. (Arch-vile)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS: Soldier Leadership
    As a Soldier, 8th Infantry Pathfinder may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus
  • MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS: Soldier Attack Enhancement
    As a Soldier, 8th Infantry Pathfinder may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
  • CAPT. JOHN VARAN
    SGT. DRAKE ALEXANDER (RotV)
    SGT. DRAKE ALEXANDER (SotM)
    As Unique Soldier Heroes that follow Jandar, 8th Infantry Pathfinder's MARCHING ORDERS ability is triggered by Order Markers placed on these units.
    As Unique Soldiers that follow Jandar, these units can be used as the end-of-movement adjacent figures for the 8th Infantry Pathfinder's MARCHING ORDERS ability.
  • CAPT. JOHN VARAN
    As a Human that follows Jandar, 8th Infantry Pathfinder may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART ability.
  • AIRBORNE ELITE
    As Unique Soldiers that follow Jandar, the Airborne Elite can be used as the end-of-movement adjacent figures for the 8th Infantry Pathfinder's MARCHING ORDERS ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, 8th Infantry Pathfinder may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
  • SIR ORRICK : A Brother's Call
    As a Human who follows Jandar, if engaged, 8th Infantry Pathfinder may aid Sir Orrick's movement with his A BROTHER'S CALL ability.

Power Ranking and Master Index
- Dust off Capt. Varan; he's got his running buddies. B+ (Dok's Master List)

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 02:47 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of 8th Infantry Pathfinder

The way the Marching Orders is worded, it seems to me that as long as he can move adjacent to a Jandar Unique Soldier, he actually can move anywhere he wants (up to 5 spaces, of course). He doesn't actually need to end his movement adjacent, he just needs to be able to.

~Z

My map thread
Old July 25th, 2014, 03:04 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Pathfinder x4 140
Sgt. Drake (RotV) 250
Romans x3 400
Marcus 500

Seems solid. Wish I had ordered some Howling Commandos, I wanna play this army now.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old July 25th, 2014, 03:38 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Generally speaking, C3G units don't get displayed under synergy benefits in C3V books.

Good work on the book otherwise!
Old July 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Generally speaking, C3G units don't get displayed under synergy benefits in C3V books.

Good work on the book otherwise!
They also don't have synergy as Super 'Scape figures don't follow a Valkyrie general (Jandar in this case). The book otherwise looks good. Can we get an official FAQ on whether or not you must place them next to the mobile hero?
Old July 25th, 2014, 03:52 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You don't need to place them next to the unique Soldier hero you control that follow Jandar that you took a turn with, but you do need to place them adjacent to an unique figure you control that follow Jandar.

So you could activate the Marching Order with Sgt Drake for instance, and move one next to an Airborne Elite.
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
You don't need to place them next to the unique Soldier hero you control that follow Jandar that you took a turn with, but you do need to place them adjacent to an unique Soldier figure you control that follow Jandar.

So you could activate the Marching Order with Sgt Drake for instance, and move one next to an Airborne Elite.
Fixed.
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, CMG! I'll take the C3G units out of the OP.

edit: Done. Removed Capt. America, too.

edit 2: And removed Kursus, who follows Vydar.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 25th, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 06:39 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Ninja'd. All is well with the Book.
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
The way the Marching Orders is worded, it seems to me that as long as he can move adjacent to a Jandar Unique Soldier, he actually can move anywhere he wants (up to 5 spaces, of course). He doesn't actually need to end his movement adjacent, he just needs to be able to.
You don't need to place them next to the unique Soldier hero you control that follow Jandar that you took a turn with, but you do need to place them adjacent to an unique Soldier figure you control that follow Jandar.

Fixed.
If you read my post, I did not use the word "Hero". And I stand by my argument. There is nothing in the ability that says that I must end my movement adjacent. If it was worded very slightly differently it would have that effect:

A Pathfinder must end this movement adjacent to a Unique Soldier figure you control that follows Jandar in order to use Marching Orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks, CMG! I'll take the C3G units out of the OP.

edit: Done. Removed Capt. America, too.

edit 2: And removed Kursus, who follows Vydar.
Oops. Forgot the "and follows Jandar" part.

~Z

My map thread
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

~Z
While it technically might read that way, this wording follows the Kozuke Samurai precedent. You MUST end your move adjacent to a unique soldier that follows Jandar. (Unless you die from lava, disengagement strike, etc., of course, which is why the "must be able to" language is there in the first place.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by book of Kozuke Samurai
- CHARGING ASSAULT : Ending Turn Adjacent to Opponent
If I use Charging Assault and am able to move adjacent to an enemy figure, can I still move +3 spaces if I don’t end adjacent
to that enemy?

In order to use Charging Assault, you MUST end your turn adjacent to an opponent.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:06 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with cmgames, the power only says they have to be able to move adjacent, not that they then have to actually do so. I would think a small wording change should take place if the intent of the power was to make gaining the move spaces conditional on ending their movement adjacent to the hero. Otherwise we're not doing what the card actually says.

"Do what the card says to do, not what it doesn't say to do" is a commonly quoted phrase, but when you try to do that here we're told not to actually do what the card says?...

I understand the precedent is there, but the Kozuke power doesn't say they have to move adjacent, only that they have to be able to. Precedent is fine, but when the original card was worded as only that the kozuke have to be ABLE to move adajacent, not that they MUST, and a ruling outside of the card was required to say that you're not actually supposed to do what the card says, then I think changing the precedent would be worthwhile.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs