Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 18th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I-5 Incident: game reports.

WHAT
A one-on-one Heroscape tournament, five 50-minute rounds of Swiss-system pool play followed by final showdowns between the top two players to decide first and second and the next two players to decide third and fourth. Players need a $10.00 entry fee, one pre-constructed army, and all required dice/markers. Armies are limited to 500 points, and start zones will be 25 spaces. All official figures are allowed, including any number of Marvel heroes. No proxies or customs, please. Prizes are determined by the entry fees I have access to, but will definitely include Wave 8 and 8.5. There will be free snacks and drinks. I will have jungle maps set up.

WHEN
June 29, 1:30pm to "when it's done," probably around 7:30 for finalists.

WHERE
East Hills Alliance Church
1405 Burcham St.
Kelso, WA 98626
Directions are at that church website. It's very easy to find, just a minute or two off I-5. There's parking right there at the church. Come in the main front doors, right under the stained-glass window (or possibly the giant hole in the building, if they still haven't installed the new window by Sunday.)

CONFIRMED
Locals:
Mike
Laura
Ann
Malaki

Visitors:
yaguninja +2
Chewie
Bahde +1
MegadeV +2
Chuck
Jake

REGISTRATION CLOSED

All right, there are the facts! This is the first tournament I've run; although it's a small one, it's a big project by the standards of my casual game experiences. I'm excited about it. Come test your new Wave 8 armies (or armies you built to slaughter Wave 8). Let's play!

*If you don't own any Heroscape and want to compete in this tournament, I will lend you an army and all other needed bits. Let me know ahead of time what figures you're interested in playing, and hopefully we can work something out.

*There is no age limit, but I don't anticipate having enough kids, and enough maps, to support multiple age brackets. Young players are welcome, but need to know the rules. If adults want to accompany kids as helpers/coaches and team-play one army together, that's fine.

*Look what just came in today's mail:

That oughta get the prize table off to a good start!

Last edited by rdhight; June 30th, 2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: final edit
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The I-5 Incident: June 29 in Kelso, Wash.

Marvel is pretty crazy, but 25 starting spaces? Are you out of your mind!?

Ooo man this should work for me. I've just got to line up a few people to carpool with!

Any thoughts on the maps?
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Chewie Woo who?

Sounds good. I plan on attending
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

June 29!?! NO!!!
Sound like it's going to be fun; sadly I will be out of town that day (not to mention that my anniversary is the next day). A day of playing some 'scape and meeting some 'scapers sounds great... especially if there's Marvel involved.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:57 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Yes! I got one taker. So sign me up +1.
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Count me in ......as 2 people. I will possibly have another one or two, should know next week.
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Oh yeah, count me in, along with both Gregs. I'm curious - why the 15 person limit? If it's a terrain issue, I'd be more than happy to bring mine.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Any thoughts on the maps?
I'll have some BoV maps. I have three road sets and two castles, so I want to get good use out of them. I played Embattled Fen at the Big Give and liked it, so I'll probably build one of those. Generally, I prefer maps where both glyphs are about equally accessable to both players, as opposed to "your glyph, my glyph" layouts. But I liked Marr Highway, and a long, thin map would add some variety, so I may let that one slide in. Arctic Divide, Mole Hills, and Highways and Dieways all look good to me at a first glance. I'll match them up with my sets and try to use all I've got.

Then I'll probably build one or two original TJ maps and an original map using two Marvel sets with a double warehouse wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
Oh yeah, count me in, along with both Gregs. I'm curious - why the 15 person limit? If it's a terrain issue, I'd be more than happy to bring mine.
It is a terrain issue. I have access to five classic master sets, two Marvel, a half-dozen terrain packs, and many small tiles from boosters (oh yeah, and an extra set of sparkly water). I figure I can load up seven two-player maps if I have to. Seven maps + a bye = 15 players. I appreciate the offer; if it looks like we could draw more than 15, I'll take you up on it.
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:18 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Have you selected the glyphs to use as well?
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Embraces the Suck

I'm sure I'll have a pool with at least common attack, unique attack, move +2, and defense +1. Randomly selected, revealed before start of game. I'm really leaning toward putting summoning in there, too. Lodin and initiative +8 are on the bubble.

I want to go light on maps with one glyph served up to each start zone; that way if you play a swarm and get a unique attack or something like that that can't help you, you can ignore it and go for the other. A "mine and yours" arrangement can be fun, but it can also randomly hose you.

Embattled Fen will have its single fixed wound glyph.

I like wind and Kelda, but they can slow things down. They might make more games go to points.
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:51 AM

Malaki is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Barring getting called in to work (usually unlikely on a Sunday) you can count me in.

Do we bring just the one army for the whole tournament, or can we have alternates? (forgive me if that is a dumb question, but I haven't been to a tourney yet)
Old June 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Embraces the Suck

There is no sideboarding or substituting at this particular event; you bring one self-contained 500-point army and play it all the way through. Don't bring any figures you aren't comfortable playing five or six games in a row!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events