Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 13th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Fwiw, these are the characters I'd be interested in seeing "translated" into C3G if we went that direction.

I'd want to go away from using the faction subheadings under the names, I'd want to include Secret Identities under names (like Anakin Skywalker under Darth Vader - spoilers ), I'd want to get rid of the Force Push symbol and Force Jump symbol, etc. Those are all current incompatibilities with C3G, IMO.

I'd also want to see the movie image cards replaced with comic image ones.

I'd also want to see Jabba's reference to "common item glyphs" changed to something C3G compatible.

I'd probably also want to see some equipment used by some characters converted into Equipment Glyphs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If it did happen, I’d think an initial run of Luke, Vader, and a Lightsaber E-Glyph would be a good test. Then more options could be discussed from there. Other than that, my list pretty much looks like Bats’ with the additions of Stormtroopers and Rebel Soldiers.

I don’t see any problems with HoSS running it. You guys have more than enough C3G experience to know what would be needed to adapt them.

I’ve always kept an eye on the HoSS playtesting thread, maybe now that I have enough points to start my next C3G design I can hop over there for a test or two if you guys need it? I want to see how the prequel stuff works.
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are lightsabers directly addressed at all in HoSS? I couldn't find any references to them outside of a lightsaber throw special attack. (Nothing wrong with that, just vastly different than how I'd envision them working in C3G).

Honestly, in order to make it compatible and balanced, my dream would be for HoSS guys to come over and do a "guest appearance" in C3G, utilize our playtesting, art, editing, forum, and other infrastructural resources, and then have the cards cross-listed in the indexes of both projects.

But my initial impression is that they want to retain higher level control and let us keep doing our own thing. Maybe I read that wrong though (yeah, might've been spying ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Are lightsabers directly addressed at all in HoSS? I couldn't find any references to them outside of a lightsaber throw special attack. (Nothing wrong with that, just vastly different than how I'd envision them working in C3G).

Honestly, in order to make it compatible and balanced, my dream would be for HoSS guys to come over and do a "guest appearance" in C3G, utilize our playtesting, art, editing, forum, and other infrastructural resources, and then have the cards cross-listed in the indexes of both projects.

But my initial impression is that they want to retain higher level control and let us keep doing our own thing. Maybe I read that wrong though (yeah, might've been spying ).
I believe it's all card based. Been a while since I flexed any HoSS fingers though.
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would not be for creating new versions of characters. I am for a conversion to make them more compatible. Start there and see how it goes.
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How about having a discussion first and then we can decide. Present your case first.
What I really bothers me is that group on discord is acting on its own to get permission from HoSS to pursue SW without ever discussing it here. That is a decision that should have been made by the Heroes.
Agree 100%, it really bothered me when I saw late last night a post in the HoSS Sanctum from Karat talking about how C3G was interested in creating a spell system based Force powers card system for some C3G SW designs, as this was all new to me. I checked the inner sanctum, the outer sanctum, and the public forums looking for where this SW thread I had missed out on was at. Thought it was really weird I hadn't been tagged for the conversation considering my HoSS membership & being the LD for the C3G Spell rules. Couldn't find any of the discussion anywhere though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well since it's not something we're officially allowed to design for, I think brainstorming Star Wars for C3G felt a bit awkward.
Despite this, discussions have indeed begun on Star Wars mechanics, fairly in depth from what was posted and HoSS was contacted to ask permission without the Heroes ever being notified or being given an opportunity to weigh in on the subject.
Yup. I seem to recall hearing about C3V having some kind of behind the curtain issues related to secret groups meeting and discussing things apart from the others that led to the formation of cliques and infighting. I really hope that isn't what is happening here in C3G now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
An alternative idea I had that might be worth considering; What about a crossover? We work with the HoSS folks (if they want to, of course) to convert a few of their designs for the most iconic characters into the C3G style. Same basic powers, but amp the power levels up and make certain changes. For example, the Force Push symbol becomes the SS Symbol. Include a link in the book to the original HoSS card and it will serve as a bit of cross-promotion.
I like this idea quite a bit! While I'd love to be able to draft a C3G power level Han Solo to battle Red Skull, I was admittedly a bit concerned with the talk of 20+ SW cards getting created in C3G, resulting in the C3G cards eventually overshadowing HoSS in such a way that the HoSS designs ended up getting swept under the rug and forgotten about. A cross-over project that relied heavily on the spirit and mechanics of the HoSS cards but were scaled up to deal with C3G opponents would be pretty great. It should make the process run fairly quickly and smooth for some cards too where all we need to do is bump up some numbers and start testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
What is this Discord thing people keep talking about?
This perfectly highlights the issue. Active, valuable members of the C3G community shouldn't be excluded from important C3G discussions because it's easier for a few members to chit chat on a different website. Once a conversation this important got going somewhere, it should have moved over to this site so everyone could be included.
Old March 13th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Again, excepting the leap to direct communication on C3G's behalf which is murky, I don't see how people are obligated to brainstorm publicly or what have you. If I come in with a post about how I was brainstorming a way to design Black Hammer characters on the train home, I can't imagine the response being why the rest of you weren't invited along on my commute and why I didn't inform you when I started. I don't fundamentally see a difference.

And on top of that, now that I think of it, there's a whole C3G Terrain Sanctum that I'm pretty sure I've never had access to now.

At the end of the day the only obligation any of us have is in the design process. Anything before that can be done as publicly or privately as the individual deems fit. The sooner the better in the process, obviously, because no decision is going to be made without Hero approval, but when exactly that is doesn't matter much to me.
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If it was any other property I probably do not bat an eye. But this is Star Wars.
There is no other group already designing Black Hammer and Hammer has not already been voted down.
The Terrain Sanctum was melded into the OS. You can review it all you want.
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Again, excepting the leap to direct communication on C3G's behalf which is murky, I don't see how people are obligated to brainstorm publicly or what have you. If I come in with a post about how I was brainstorming a way to design Black Hammer characters on the train home, I can't imagine the response being why the rest of you weren't invited along on my commute and why I didn't inform you when I started. I don't fundamentally see a difference.

And on top of that, now that I think of it, there's a whole C3G Terrain Sanctum that I'm pretty sure I've never had access to now.

At the end of the day the only obligation any of us have is in the design process. Anything before that can be done as publicly or privately as the individual deems fit. The sooner the better in the process, obviously, because no decision is going to be made without Hero approval, but when exactly that is doesn't matter much to me.
Woah woah woah. Don't just drop potential interest in Black Hammer in casual conversation like that. I feel like I already stated that that is definitely a universe I want to break into eventually. So it is very exciting to even see a passing reference.

Sorry for the brief derailment. But check out Black Hammer!
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Woah woah woah. Don't just drop potential interest in Black Hammer in casual conversation like that. I feel like I already stated that that is definitely a universe I want to break into eventually. So it is very exciting to even see a passing reference.

Sorry for the brief derailment. But check out Black Hammer!
A friend of mine got me the first two volumes for Christmas, actually, and I finally got around to reading them last night.

...and then I borrowed the first volume of Age of Doom from my library app.

...and then I bought singles of the issues that have been released since then.

I'm still letting it percolate but needless to say I'm currently a big, big Black Hammer fan. So it's been on my mind.
Old March 13th, 2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
An alternative idea I had that might be worth considering; What about a crossover? We work with the HoSS folks (if they want to, of course) to convert a few of their designs for the most iconic characters into the C3G style. Same basic powers, but amp the power levels up and make certain changes. For example, the Force Push symbol becomes the SS Symbol. Include a link in the book to the original HoSS card and it will serve as a bit of cross-promotion.
I like this idea quite a bit! While I'd love to be able to draft a C3G power level Han Solo to battle Red Skull, I was admittedly a bit concerned with the talk of 20+ SW cards getting created in C3G, resulting in the C3G cards eventually overshadowing HoSS in such a way that the HoSS designs ended up getting swept under the rug and forgotten about. A cross-over project that relied heavily on the spirit and mechanics of the HoSS cards but were scaled up to deal with C3G opponents would be pretty great. It should make the process run fairly quickly and smooth for some cards too where all we need to do is bump up some numbers and start testing.
This seems like the only plausible path forward, but we'd have to agree on what it'd mean. I'd love to hear more from our crossover guys - Yodaking and Karat - on how they see it working.

One thing I'll say, though, is that if we're going to do a crossover that involves making HoSS designs compatible with C3G, I don't think the Force Symbols should come along for the ride. C3G has to this point resisted adding any symbols on top of the SS and Flying Symbols and if we're going to convert designs to compatibility with C3G, I'd want to see that aesthetic retained.

Old March 13th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dude. The minis have also been amazing. Doctor Star is one of my favorite minis I've ever read. I've been pondering on some Hammerverse reps for a while. When it hits the like, six series or so that its at now, I think its something that should totally be considered from our Indy perspective.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape