Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old April 12th, 2014, 01:08 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
HoSS Wave 1 Map Contest

HoSS Wave 1 Map Contest

Contribute to the upcoming Wave 1 release by designing an awesome map!

HoSS is now accepting map designs for the following two Star Wars locales:

Echo Base (interior and immediate exterior of the base, not the epic outdoor tundra battle)

Spoiler Alert!

Wampa Ice Cave

Spoiler Alert!

Entries are due April 30th

Guidelines
  • Maps must be submitted with build instructions in either VirtualScape or PDF format and have at least one VirtualScape image or photo as well.
  • Maps should have feasible terrain requirements. (Not more than a few Master Sets/Expansions)
  • Maps must be modeled after one of the locales listed.
  • Each contestant may enter a maximum of two entries, one for each locale.
  • Maps may be Casual, Competitive, or Scenario style maps.

Prizes
  • Entries may be revised at any time before the deadline.
  • Feedback may be solicited from the judges.
  • Contestants will receive one HoSS Reward Point (HoSSRP) for each entry submitted.
  • One winner for each locale will earn two additional HoSSRP's.

Get those map juices flowing! There are just under three weeks to the deadline. If that is not enough time to get some quality entries in, we will consider extending the deadline.
Old April 13th, 2014, 07:59 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoSS Wave 1 Map Contest

Hmm...I can maybe do this, just need to finish school for this semester in order to reduce my workload.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll send the news to the French forum... I'll possibly make a map !

A question: to submit a map, we have to post it here, or via MP ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; April 15th, 2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Post it here.
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Saw this bit of inspiration today for anyone thinking about what an Echo Base map could feature.

Everyone loves The Empire Strikes Back, so people will be interested in seeing a few sequences in this clip that didn’t make the movie. Harrison Ford actually narrates this early teaser for the film, which features Luke and Leia leaning in for an alternate version of their icky sibling kiss and C-3PO ripping off a warning sign. Neither scene is in the final film.

The C-3PO bit was part of a subplot during the attack on the Rebel base on Hoth. The sign is a warning that there’s a dangerous Wampa behind the door – so 3PO rips it off, hoping some Stormtroopers will run in there and meet their demise. Hilarious!

Having a 'Wampa holding cell' on an Echo Base map might be kind of cool. Then have a trigger (glyph?) somewhere on the map for unlocking the door and releasing a caged Wampa (independent unit that is not part of either army) on your opponent. Might be a bit too complicated to pull off but if someone wants to give it a try I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Here is a nice map that could help for an Echo Base, in correlation with Yodaking's informations;

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have all these grandiose plans in my head, but I'm worried about the requirement for realistic terrain requirements. Currently I'm working on something with 2 TT, 1 RttFF, and 1 FotA. Is that too much? Is it possible to bump it up to maybe 2 TT and 2 FotA, with no RttFF? Thanks.
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM

2 TT, 1 RttFF and 1 FOTA is alright with me. 2 or maybe even 3 FOTA's would also be fine.

We don't want to limit it to the 1 Master Set/1-2 Expansions rule that BoV maps use. At the same time, we don't want you to design a map that is awesome and covers the entire table, but which few people can build. Somewhere in between is the guideline.

Have fun with it, and we will provide some feedback to help make it better.
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
2 TT, 1 RttFF and 1 FOTA is alright with me. 2 or maybe even 3 FOTA's would also be fine.

We don't want to limit it to the 1 Master Set/1-2 Expansions rule that BoV maps use. At the same time, we don't want you to design a map that is awesome and covers the entire table, but which few people can build. Somewhere in between is the guideline.

Have fun with it, and we will provide some feedback to help make it better.
Thanks! I think I'll go with 2TT + 1RttFF + 2FotA.
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Bugger

Well, this isn't my final submission, but I was just wondering what you guys think. 2TT + 1RttFF + 2FotA, all ice is slippery and all snow is normal.

Old April 17th, 2014, 10:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It is a pretty interesting concept. With the short corridor connecting the two start zones but covered in slippery ice and LOS is blocked by an ice rock. I'm only counting 23 start zone dots if you were going for 24. What do you need the RttFF set for? I'm not seeing anything distinctive being used from it.
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It is a pretty interesting concept. With the short corridor connecting the two start zones but covered in slippery ice and LOS is blocked by an ice rock. I'm only counting 23 start zone dots if you were going for 24. What do you need the RttFF set for? I'm not seeing anything distinctive being used from it.
Yeah, I know it's only 23. The shape was a bit more clean-looking without adding an extra dot on the edge, but I suppose that's just cosmetic. I can add an extra hex if it'd make it a more competition-ready map. Not that this would necessarily be played in any tournaments, but I'm shooting for something competitive.

The RttFF was just so I could get in some extra road pieces; the amount I needed to complete the map worked well with the amount in the set, so I figured it'd be better than saying you need THREE castle sets if you wouldn't be using the entire third set. For moving rules it's probably best if the road and wall walk spaces are used interchangeably, at least on this map, so then I guess you could say that the map either requires 2TT + 1RttFF + 2FotA, or 2TT + 3FotA.

Thanks for the feedback!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape