Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM

Hook has disabled reputation
The Ballard of Brave Sir Bronson

Sorry, no camera to post pictures.

The battle field had three bits of open field to start in and a giant high ground in the middle. There were seven glyphs spread evenly over the board. Also, if anyone found a glyph of Brandar, they got a 30 point hero.

The battle started off with three five hundred point armies looking down at each other. Stan had won the previous three battles, so Jo and I were looking to really take him down, especially given the fact that he ended up with the scariest army.

Jo: James Murphy, the Knights of Weston, Kawemon Awa, the Einar Imperium, Empress Kiova

Stan: Blade Gruts, Heavy Gruts, Grimnack, Railen, Major Q9

Me: Sylvarris, Elite Onyx Vipers, Deadeye Dan, Aubrien Archers, Theracus Venoc Warlord

The very first round saw Jo move a Einar Imperium unto a glyph that turned out to be a Massive Curse. House rules states the glyph only affects your own figures. He lost James Murphy and a knight immediatly.

I found a +2 range glyph that meant I could safely attack from across the board, but crappy rolls stopped me from being a major menace. It took both attacks by Sylvarris to get rid of one Blade Orc. While Grimnack made a snack of another knight, Sylvarris picked off another Blade Grut.

That’s when Stan made a costly mistake and moved Railen into the fray. My Aubrien Archers made short work of her, nearly finishing her off, but she moved out of range, only to fall to a attack by Kaemon Awa. Grimnack was trying to feast on the Empress, when Awa brought him down to the size as well, but only after a knight (Nicknamed Sir Bronson) took down three life points of the dino-rider.

The Orcs took over the battle now, as a Heavy Grut took down a third knight, while a Blade Grut killed an Einer Imperium. Kaemon Awa returned to action, and used his quick release attack to avenge his fallen comrades by killing the two orcs responsible.

The Einar Imperium got back into it, with two of them taking down a Heavy Grut each. Then I snaked an Elite Onyx Viper to a +1 roll glyph and another one to the last Blade Grut, killing him quickly.

Stan had already found one Brandar and picked up Guilty McCreech, and this was when Jo found the last one and found Eldgrim. (This would be important later.)

This is where Major Q9 rolled into the battle. Q9 made his presence known immediately by killing an Imperium. Meanwhile, Bronson started what seemed to be a suicide run to Q9, killing the last Heavy Grut in the process. Q9 quickly killed off Kaemon Awa, the Empress and the Viper that was on the +1 glyph. Then he ran into a problem. Already weakened by Awa and brought down to two lives he had wandered into Deadeye Dan’s range and with two sniper attacks in row (I was the last to get Initiative in one round and the first in the next)Q9 was destroyed. Suddenly, the day looked like it was mine. I had lost only one Viper, and Jo and Stan only had four characters between them.

Then Bronson proved he was a force of his own. He managed to outflank the Aurbien Archers via some horrible rolling by Deadeye, and killed two of them. Sylvarris managed to kill the last Imperium, but Bronson avenged it by killing Sylvarris and Deadeye in no time. However, the knight’s luck ended when an Aurbien Archer finally managed to pierce the armor and deliver the killing blow.

Guilty had rolled in and killed the last Archer and then Theracus. Eldrgim took out both Vipers left and suddenly it was the two freebie characters with nearly against the one character who had not moved all game, the Venoc Warlord. Guilty tried to attack from a distance, and Eldrgrim marched up to engage the Warlord. Venny took an engagment hit and with only two life left, slithered his way to Guilty and finished him off. Eldgrim overextended himself to claim the high ground, but both his attacks failed and Venny joined him and finished him off.
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Great battle report. I really like the brandar glyph for a 30 pt. guy, great idea!
We use a lot of our own glyphs also, we do range 2 a lot because 4 is to much. We also do the maaive curse only effects the team that picked it up, I had it that way for last 's years and will for this years Nat. Heroscape Day Tourney in Canton Ohio this year.

Welcome to the boards, and keep up the great battle reports.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports