Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:20 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Interesting, we've had ours for a while now & played a couple times. It's a good game.

Ashes has a *lot* more under the hood, IMHO, but this is quick and fun. We are fans of the reveal-4 snake draft technique described in the rules.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:55 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My wife and I decided last minute to take a night off and have date night at a local coffee shop. We played Carcassonne, Ascension, and Splendor. Great games and a very nice time!

Speaking of two player games, Patchwork looks really interesting and I think she would enjoy the puzzle element, but it's a hard find right now. I have plans to check out some FLGS this weekend, but Mayfair said there are more coming on a boat from Germany right now, so I'll be patient and not pay twice as much for it if I can't find it locally.

September's been a slow month for games in our house with back to school, house projects, and general business, but there has been some quality where there isn't quantity. We got in some Blokus, Forbidden Desert, Marvel Dice Masters, and Love Letter Batman so far this month.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Speaking of two player games, Patchwork looks really interesting and I think she would enjoy the puzzle element, but it's a hard find right now. I have plans to check out some FLGS this weekend, but Mayfair said there are more coming on a boat from Germany right now, so I'll be patient and not pay twice as much for it if I can't find it locally.
Patchwork is a really good game, but I would definitely wait and not pay any extra for it.

We played some WWE Superstar Showdown last night. I grew up on old NWA and then WWF wrestling, so I was looking forward to this, but my kids have never seen wrestling, so it fell flat. It isn't great, probably barely good, but it is a blast to play with someone who remembers the good old days of wrestling.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post

Patchwork is a really good game, but I would definitely wait and not pay any extra for it.

We played some WWE Superstar Showdown last night. I grew up on old NWA and then WWF wrestling, so I was looking forward to this, but my kids have never seen wrestling, so it fell flat. It isn't great, probably barely good, but it is a blast to play with someone who remembers the good old days of wrestling.
Yeah, I thought WWE Superstar Showdown was ok. Not great, but entertaining enough if you kind of get into the role and joke around.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

My son celebrated his 11th birthday this weekend, so he got several new games. Here's a bit of what we've been playing:

Forever Evil (DC Deck-builder)
Smash Up (finally got the Cthulu expansion) - he likes it quite a bit
Lots of X-Wing (he got the Tantive, finally, and a few smaller ships, including the Punisher)
Star Wars Force Grab - got it 50% off at B&N; it's fun, if you like Spot It or Jungle Speed
One Night Werewolf (Daybreak) - he loves all the new roles!
Rattlebones

Work has been keeping me extra busy, but I'm glad to make some time and enjoy some family gaming.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:41 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

That's probably a GOOD thing IMO. I've seen it a few times over the years, but now you can hardly avoid being exposed to the genre due to the Advertising for it that can show up anywhere. Every time I walk through a Toy Dept. and see the 3" wrestling action figures, I can help but think they would make great HeroScape characters and would be easy enough to build a 3D hexagonal arena for them to fight in.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 25th, 2015, 01:31 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I joined a local Fantasy Flights "Star Wars: X-Wing" League last night for $20 and played my first session in a couple of months. Flew my old favorite 4x Tie Royal Guard Interceptors with "Push the Limit" upgrade on each one against a Bret with 4x X-Wings (2x Academy Pilots, Biggs, and one of them darned new fangled T-70 jobbers) and lost, but it sure was fun to get back into the swing of things and meet some other players without driving 50+ miles to get there. My tight formation came apart when I tried to swing around the asteroids and then dash through the center of them to get at my prey. Probably 1/3 of my damages were self inflicted. Maybe I should stick to my lumberjack apprenticeship, since I make a better Pile-It than a Pilot.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 25th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wasn't there someone here into Dragon Dice? Someone on BGG Facebook is putting these up for sale or trade

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d5&oe=56A9F717

https://m.facebook.com/groups/801723...?ref=bookmarks

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 25th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's @Matthias Maccabeus 's game, though he hasn't mentioned it on these pages in a while.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 26th, 2015, 09:08 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I was out of town in my state's capital when plum luck, Facebook showed me an add for a gaming night happening while I was there. The designer (Jason Kotzur-Yang) of
was demoing the game. A current Australian Kickstarter with friendly worldwide shipping. Sadly I didn't get to have a try of the game but there was a lot of merriment coming from those that were.

I got to play 2 games I hadn't played before & enjoyed both & had a great night for being out of my own town & alone. First I played Elysium. Similar to 7 Wonders but I found it easier to follow what everybody was doing than I do in 7 Wonders. Which is to say that I didn't totally suck at it like I do at 7 Wonders. I actually came 2nd. Could've been first if I didn't decide to wait a round to get my 4th card of the 2nd level set & have my victory points stolen from me .

Next we played Colt Express. This was a fun game & the gameplay offers some amazing opportunities for surprising twists. In the 2nd last round I managed to secure the briefcase but then remembering the order & cards saw that I was destined to loose it. However the person that could've moved the Marshall to my carriage moved it the opposite direction to go after the person coming 2nd at that time (I was first). In a strange turn of events in the next round the person in last place punched me & knocked the briefcase out of my hands the one that decided not to move the Marshall after me ended up with being punched that put her on the top level one carriage away from the briefcase when she next had a double turn that she had programmed a move & a steal to allow her to pick up the briefcase. Sadly it wasn't enough to put her in 1st place but it was enough to pip me out of 2nd. Really enjoyed this game.
Old September 26th, 2015, 09:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A3N,

"Fimbul Winter Is Coming"
--'Jon Snow,' Boardgamegeek

This, my latest joke about the upcoming Viking game Blood Rage, is worth repeating here, thanks to your picture!

I haven't played Colt Express, but Tom Vassel says a new expansion for it, Stagecoach and Horses, will be out at Essen.
Old September 26th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A3N,

"Fimbul Winter Is Coming"
--'Jon Snow,' Boardgamegeek

This, my latest joke about the upcoming Viking game Blood Rage, is worth repeating here, thanks to your picture!

I haven't played Colt Express, but Tom Vassel says a new expansion for it, Stagecoach and Horses, will be out at Essen.
We love Colt Express. I've introduced it to my wife and kids, the in-laws, casual gamers, and hardcore gamers on various occasions, and everyone has asked to play again. It scales well up to 6, is easy to teach, and is just chaotic fun. It's probably one of my favorite acquisitions of the year.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games