Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 18th, 2020, 11:59 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Release Schedule (Future Planning)

Yeah, breaking up the dwarves into unique squads wouldn't be too difficult. I could already see a Fili and Kili scout squad with good movement.
Old June 18th, 2020, 12:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's what I was thinking as well with the dwarfs. I had in mind unique squads that have a power like exos to mimic more life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
A middle ground might be to do a "first pass" of important figures in order of geographical progress, and then go back to the beginning and do a second pass, maybe a third, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
- As you mentioned, I had used 'Order of geographical progress' as my metric for creating the waves & packs. You seem more in favor of 'importance' than 'geographical progress' - would you interleave the two at all, or are just in favor of what we determine to be more important? What other metrics exist that we could use? This is probably the most relevant question for us to discuss first as a group.
-
I don't think geographical progress and importance are too far apart, and thus far I've felt we've married the two quite well. People are gonna want to recreate epic battles and scenes from the fellowship. It seems we're doing the Fellowship, Moria and Isengard first. After that I'd tackle Gondor and Mordor, then start filling in the rest. There could be exceptions for exceptional characters like Elrond and the likes. All in all I think we're close to the same page.
Old June 18th, 2020, 01:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Yeah, breaking up the dwarves into unique squads wouldn't be too difficult. I could already see a Fili and Kili scout squad with good movement.
I actually made a card for that a while back, I've got minis for all of Thorin's group.

I feel that I like the order we already have, I would vote to keep it until a really good reason comes up to change it that we vote on. While some characters dont "seem" important, they offer design opportunities and challenges.

I am not sympathetic to "important" characters but I'm not opposed to it either. I would say that we can vote or pick which "expansion" to tackle but that we need to finish everything in a given expansion before moving on.
Old June 19th, 2020, 07:41 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Per the discussion in the main thread, I added tentative generals to all the figures listed in the OP.

These are the ones likely to be the most controversial:
Frodo - Vydar (I think his temptation to the ring is enough for Vydar)
Bilbo - Vydar (Jandar is a strong option)
Sauroman - Vydar (He did mean to oppose Sauron by taking the ring for himself, just not in an ideal way)
Dunlendings - Vydar
Army of the Dead - Vydar
Gollum - Vydar
Beorn - Aquilla
Men of Laketown (Including Bard) - Vydar
Old June 19th, 2020, 09:55 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ooh, pretty.

I left some commentary in the Gen thread, but I'll redrop a few here: Sam - Jandar, Pippin - Aquilla, Ents and eagles - Aquilla, Dwarves - Einar
Old July 3rd, 2020, 03:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whatever general that Boromir winds up in should be the same one that Pippin winds up in because he becomes part of Gondor (he is just labeled as Gondor right now).

I do really like Einar for Rohan themed stuff.

I've noticed that Shadowfax doesn't have a general, Einar/Ullar maybe?

I like how all the generals fell for the Unexpected Journey stuff too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs