Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 18th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Half-Orc Spy added - 6/12/

Hmm...I don't really like the fact that she completely replaces Moriko. I mean, the only way you wouldn't choose this chick over Moriko is if you were short on points. Moriko is already under-utilized and this figure makes her even more less likely to be used. and they both follow the same general, making her overshadow Moriko even more.

That being said, she's definitely in the 130 range, maybe even 140. 120 is way too low.

Lodorian Special Attack: "Lodoria may attack a single figure twice or each adjacent figure once with Lodorian Special Attack."

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Hmm...I don't really like the fact that she completely replaces Moriko. I mean, the only way you wouldn't choose this chick over Moriko is if you were short on points. Moriko is already under-utilized and this figure makes her even more less likely to be used. and they both follow the same general, making her overshadow Moriko even more.

That being said, she's definitely in the 130 range, maybe even 140. 120 is way too low.

Lodorian Special Attack: "Lodoria may attack a single figure twice or each adjacent figure once with Lodorian Special Attack."
I understand all of what you're saying. Moriko is never my first choice in any army. Even when playing General based armies.

As for Lodorian Special Attack, adding that phrase at the end is unnecassary considering that a SA replaces a normal attack.
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Lodoria's Card.

Old June 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post

I understand all of what you're saying. Moriko is never my first choice in any army. Even when playing General based armies.
No, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. No existing figure (especially official ones) should ever be replaced by another one that's superior in every way. Moriko is kind of a sucky figure, but replacing her isn't the answer. If Lodoria were in a different Army (say, Aquilla) then I wouldn't care as much because both figures could still be used in General-based armies. Customs should add to the existing game, not replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
As for Lodorian Special Attack, adding that phrase at the end is unnecassary considering that a SA replaces a normal attack.
Just making it more official. The way you have it on the card looks good.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!

Last edited by The B.I.V.; June 19th, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: becuz, yo!
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks, that really clears things up. I might consider either just changing the General, or changing Lodoria's base stats, or both.

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2 or 3

Also changing the Attack in Lodorian Special Attack to 2 may help.
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

A Ranger without a bow?
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM

The sculpt doesn't show bow. But maybe if I changed her to Aquilla I could make her Range 4 or 5.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM

Updated draft for Lodoria:

Quote:
Card:
Spoiler Alert!

Lodoria
Aquilla

Human
Unique Hero
Ranger
Tricky

Life 4
Move 6
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 130

LODORIAN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 3
Lodoria may attack each adjacent figure once.

PHANTOM WALK
Lodoria can move through all figures and is never attack when leaving an engagement.

DEFENSIVE AGILITY
When Lodoria rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.

Figure Used:
Human Female Ranger - Reaper

Availability: 18 @ Auggies for $3.19 each
3 differences here:
  • Range increased from 1 to 4
  • Attack decreased from 4 to 3
  • Lodoria Special Attack can only attack each adjacent figure once.

Thinking either 120-130 in points. The range and attack counter each other. And cutting the phrase from the Lodoria SA doesn't do much.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Please, get MSE, and use it. It isn't hard at all, unless you can't download.

Either wise, it looks like a good custom to me.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:00 AM

I've downloaded MSE about 5 times now, maybe more and trashed it everytime. I've never quite been able to get my hand around it (and I've even read the tutorials). If Fi didn't feel that MCC was not needed he wouldn't have done it. They (MCC) do it because they know people like me don't know how to make the cards on those programs, and hopefully to extend the community's custom unit creators (more imagination more custom HS survives longer). What they do helps keep the community alive. If you don't like it, that I lean on them a bit, fine. But I choose the text and what figure to use and in turn they have a card done by the next day. It's not hard for them and they wouldn't be doing it if it was.

Anyways, thanks.
Old June 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Just cuz she's a Ranger, doesn't mean she has to have a bow. Since you didn't have that in mind when designing her in the first place, why add it? At any rate, you're now in the 140-150 point value range...

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Idk much about MSE but it seems to give people more trouble than using GIMP. Check out whitestuffs GIMP tutorial and you should be able to do it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards