Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Sci Fi Terrain by Games Workshop

According to this thread on BGG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3712971, the new Games Workshop Planetfall Aegis Defence Line looks like it would make pretty good sci-fi-themed obstacles for Heroscape. Not as big (or as complex) as castle walls, it would provide an alternative LOS blocker to trees and jungle.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM

The Walrus King is surprisingly tart
Re: Sci Fi Terrain by Games Workshop

Nice find. Gotta look into them.

LOSE THE GAME
RULE 1: You are playing the game.
RULE 2: Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Congrats. You just lost game.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Holy crap! Those are perfect.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:33 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Gonna have to get my hands on some of these! Nice job RichardD +rep to you!
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just stopped by by local gaming shop yesterday and started flipping through a new (to me) 40K book they had sitting there that showed a bunch of these set up and thought they looked pretty cool. I didn't realise they fit so perfectly on the HS hexes though. It's almost like they had the HS tiles in mind when they designed them.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

They don't look like an *exact* fit, but "close enough to work". And if I pick up a set (if? Surely a matter of when, not if), I'll probably glue some spare plastic from the sprue material onto the bottoms so that they interlock with the HS hexes, like the HS ruins.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Very nice find. I love Rob Daviau's first post in that BGG thread.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Very nice find. I love Rob Daviau's first post in that BGG thread.
Cracked me up.
Old July 31st, 2009, 11:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Picked up a set of these today at my local gaming shop. I picked it up for $20, so about the cost of a heroscape terrain expansion pack. I'm sure you can get a better price online somewhere but I like supporting the local place when I can and I didn't think $20 was a bad price. You get a decent amount of plastic (4 long barriers & 4 singles), each of which has unique battle damage. It comes with a mounted laser gun too. I'll post pics later once I get a chance.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Nice find RichardD, +rep

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Picked up a set of these today at my local gaming shop. I picked it up for $20, so about the cost of a heroscape terrain expansion pack. I'm sure you can get a better price online somewhere but I like supporting the local place when I can and I didn't think $20 was a bad price. You get a decent amount of plastic (4 long barriers & 4 singles), each of which has unique battle damage. It comes with a mounted laser gun too. I'll post pics later once I get a chance.
Did you find that they are a good fit on the 'Scape terrain?
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

A few other images of the set in action can be found here. Albeit, not with 'Scape terrain. But to get a better idea of what all comes in the set:

CLICK HERE!

EDIT: Just ordered these today via an eBay vendor. Looking forward to adding these to my games!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."

Last edited by hextr1p; August 3rd, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles