Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 8th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Could I suggest making the ignore wounds on an X thing be usable whenever he receives wounds on his turn rather/while moving rather than just from terrain and glyphs - make it more generally useful and interesting? That way he could use it to avoid LEAs or duck away from Rhodey's Auto-Chain Gun etc..

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

So if a figure is equipped with a glyph, is it considered on that figure’s space? Or just when they occupy that gylph?
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Could I suggest making the ignore wounds on an X thing be usable whenever he receives wounds on his turn rather/while moving rather than just from terrain and glyphs - make it more generally useful and interesting? That way he could use it to avoid LEAs or duck away from Rhodey's Auto-Chain Gun etc..
It's a possibility, but I fear it really starts to move away from the theme. Now he's less treasure hunter and more action hero .... So I could see your point that it makes it more generally useful, but I feel like it'd actually make it less interesting and make him feel more generic/less thematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
So if a figure is equipped with a glyph, is it considered on that figure’s space? Or just when they occupy that gylph?
Both, yes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
It's a possibility, but I fear it really starts to move away from the theme. Now he's less treasure hunter and more action hero .... So I could see your point that it makes it more generally useful, but I feel like it'd actually make it less interesting and make him feel more generic/less thematic.
That's kind of what Indy is though. Plus, being able to dodge past those things still feels fairly distinct.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe it should be broken into two powers to get to the third? One Treasure Hunter based and one more action hero based? The latter could be rolled in with Lucky Defense to make something more Uniquely Indy.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = INDIANA JONES
SECRET IDENTITY = HENRY JONES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHAEOLOGIST
PERSONALITY = ADVENTUROUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TREASURE HUNTER
You may add 2 to Indiana Jones's normal movement if he ends his move within one space of a glyph. If Indiana Jones would receive one or more wounds from moving onto a type of terrain or a glyph, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to ignore those wounds. Indiana Jones never takes falling damage or major falling damage and when he attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a Jungle Piece, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile or Jungle Piece.

WHIP CRACK 12
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from the base of Indiana Jones. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure rolls 1 fewer defense die if attacked by Indiana Jones this turn.

LUCKY DEFENSE
When defending against an attack, if Indiana Jones rolls at least one blank, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
How does this look? I do think it would be nice to cut down Treasure Hunter a bit, either by separating it into different powers or by cutting a few clauses. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the no fall damage clause go. Sure, there's the life raft scene, but it seems odd to me that he can escape fall damage while Cap and Bats can't.
Old December 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM

He falls more than those two. Bats is usually grappling. But I think it’s ok to cut it.

Old December 10th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Whip seems fairly meh. I would drop that roll to near automatic, like 5.
Old December 10th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Hard as ice

I'm still inclined to cut that clause and make the 'X' reveal able to block any damage incurred while moving - he's not immune to falling damage, but he can use his wits to evade it once per round (or molten lava, or leaving engagements, or War Machine's auto-chain gun...). Right now, that clause seems to be just about only protecting him from lava, which seems like very little to key such a cool effect into and feels like a poor representation of his wits, IMO.

Also, this is likely just me, but I'd rather see him as an Adventurer than an Archeologist. I know he's technically both, but 1) it'll give him some synergies to help avoid the 'low-level unsynergistic hero trap' and get lost in the shuffle, 2) it's more fitting for what he does, IMO - I know he's technically a professor of archeology, but he's pretty bad at it, and conservation and the like tends to go out the window when things start blowing up - he's a much better adventurer than he is an archeologist.
Maybe that one's just me though - Indy just isn't what I picture when I imagine an archeologist, at all. And yet, I imagine he or Lara Croft were most people's first exposure to the term 'archeologist'. They weren't mine. As a British kid from a family with an interest in history, I watched Time Team when I was small and, as such, my vision of an archeologist is less whips, temples with magical artifacts, fighting Nazis and explosions and more small trenches in the British countryside being dug by a Cornish chap in a hat talking about anomalies. I kind of think mine's better, honestly...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 10th, 2018, 12:43 PM

I agree with you on both points, after some thought.

Old December 10th, 2018, 12:52 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I was going to suggest the ability to reroll fall damage as a lesser version of fall immunity, but I think LO's suggestion is better. I also agree with Adventurer being a good fit for him.
Old December 10th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Just A Head

I kind of just avoided Adventurer to keep him out of synergy, because that was something I was told to avoid with Doctor Who. But I have no problem with him being an Adventurer really. So with all the changes suggested, we're somewhere like this;
Quote:

NAME = INDIANA JONES
SECRET IDENTITY = HENRY JONES

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = DARING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TREASURE HUNTER
You may add 2 to Indiana Jones's normal movement if he ends his move within one space of a glyph. If Indiana Jones would receive one or more wounds during your turn, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card to ignore those wounds.

WHIP CRACK 5
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from the base of Indiana Jones. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 5 or higher, the chosen figure rolls 1 fewer defense die if attacked by Indiana Jones this turn.

LUCKY DEFENSE
When defending against an attack, if Indiana Jones rolls at least one blank, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy