Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2015, 05:12 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Sounds like CVN is busy and there isn't yet someone like theGuru working there on AotP. At least they aren't just making things up and giving half-answers.

This implies, to me, that they are looking to centralize AotP answers and do them right (even if a bit slow, initially).
One can only hope. Maybe they are stalling to wait until after Pax Prime when the expansion news is released.
Old August 27th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say no to casting spells between the segments of a power.
Plenty of powers would work without the use of the word "immediately". This word isn't wasted space on those powers, it really means immediately.
I feel the same about Haste.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old August 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here we go, official ruling. Looks like you guys were correct:

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your patience while I researched your questions for you. Please see the answers below:

Can you summon the Blazing Firecats, play an enchantment on them, and then resolve your haste attack with one of the firecats?

When you summon Blazing Firecats you must immediately attack with one of the Firecats if you want to. You cannot summon the Firecats, then play spells, and then attack with using the haste ability.

I hope this helps! Please contact us back if we can be of further assistance.
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:26 AM

I have a question regarding Leaf Arrow, the green enchantment. It says "enchanted planeswalker gets +1 power as long as it is unengaged. Before enchanted Planeswalker attacks, you may destroy leaf arrow. If you do, enchanted Planeswalker gets +2 power until end of turn"

A rule-lawyer friend of mine interpreted it this way: You can enchant a planeswalker to give him +1 power as long as he is unengaged. However, if you discard it, the planeswalker gets a flat +2 power and the engagement thing is not necessary. I hadn't thought about that before but the card is ambiguous.

Thoughts?
Old August 30th, 2015, 11:50 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I have a question regarding Leaf Arrow, the green enchantment. It says "enchanted planeswalker gets +1 power as long as it is unengaged. Before enchanted Planeswalker attacks, you may destroy leaf arrow. If you do, enchanted Planeswalker gets +2 power until end of turn"

A rule-lawyer friend of mine interpreted it this way: You can enchant a planeswalker to give him +1 power as long as he is unengaged. However, if you discard it, the planeswalker gets a flat +2 power and the engagement thing is not necessary. I hadn't thought about that before but the card is ambiguous.

Thoughts?
I would have to agree with your friend. This is how Magic usually works. My only hesitation is that the AotP rules are a nightmare when it comes to being specific.
Old August 30th, 2015, 12:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I also agree, and don't know how else you would interpret it.
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:44 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the +2 part doesn't mention engagement so I think you can use it even when engaged.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:23 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah that's how I interpreted it. She gets a ranged attack bonus, but if you get in close, she can blow it for a one-shot +2.
The card doesn't say anything about using the one-shot power only if she isn't engaged.

Old September 3rd, 2015, 02:29 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

I, too, received an official ruling in regards to Dual Casting:

Quote:
Response By Email (Mike) (09/03/2015 01:52 PM)
Hi Bradley,

Thank you for your patience while we researched your game play question.

I'm pleased to reply. When using the the red spell Dual Casting, the played card does count towards the 3 spell per turn limit. Here’s an example:

You play Incinerate.
You play Dual Casting.
You select Incinerate to play again.
You have played 3 spells and cannot play another spell this turn.

Again, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

I hope you have a fun day!

Kind regards,
Old September 4th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Ooh wow @bradtato
Certainly changes things

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:49 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Question with the Mind Control effects, both Jace's and the Sorcery.

How have people been handling Disengagement Rolls when under Mind Control? I had a couple of situations arise last night where I could mind control an enemy figure and force it to disengage 3-4 times before attacking.

Thoughts?
Old September 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Question with the Mind Control effects, both Jace's and the Sorcery.

How have people been handling Disengagement Rolls when under Mind Control? I had a couple of situations arise last night where I could mind control an enemy figure and force it to disengage 3-4 times before attacking.

Thoughts?
I've only had that situation arise once, and we played that while a creature was being controlled due to a mind control ability, the figures it disengages from are the same figures that it'd be disengaging from as though it were your own creature from the beginning (I.e not your own creatures, as it would be if the original controller had disengaged).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs